Moving Boards?

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
Beat you to it! My five bucks please! (y)

...how about ten instead of double or nothing on the next round?
I didn't realize we had a wager going. What makes you so sure there WILL BE a next round?
Montana Smith said:
What count are the merged threads at now? It's getting quite confusing!
The merged thread count is probably not as high as the number of closed ones.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Merged. Look, Forum #6 is not exclusively about the movie.
Look at the subheadings, only one refers to Crystal Skull.
2000: Here you may discuss the Indy 4 rumors and news.
2004: "I don't know. I'm making this up as I go."
2007: "Anything can happen. It's a long way to Delhi."
2008: "Not as easy as it used to be."
Merging it with Forum #18 would result in a mess.

Raiders90

Moedred said:

could there perhaps be some compromise, though? As I said in my post, the current setup makes it appear that the Indy series is still a trilogy and that the official forum line is that KOTCS is a side entity or spin off in line with the YIJC. Just because some here do not like KOTCS does not mean it is not an official sequel or not canon. At least on the boards I'd like to think it'd get put in with the other films in some way? If not merging Forums #6 and #18, then perhaps some other way?

Why not eventually shuffle the vague posts pre 2007 or so about Indy 4 to the "Indy 5" section, since vague discussions about what "the next film" may be are as compatible in 2000 about Indy 4 as they are now about Indy 5. Or perhaps replace the Indy 5 forum with a new forum for old speculation and discussion about future Indy films that never happened (which would include old Indy 4 posts, not Skull posts), once all hope for an Indy 5 has faded?

Or perhaps each film could have it's own subforum similar to the way KOTCS has it's own?

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Why not let sleeping dogs lie?

images

There's a 19 year separation between the trilogy and the other one. That's even longer than the separation between the Star Wars OT and PT.

There's more connection between the three films forming Indy's original trilogy when the process of creation was condensed. KOTCS emerged as a tentative afterthought. I think quarantine is the safest policy.

Raiders90

Montana Smith said:
Why not let sleeping dogs lie?

images

There's a 19 year separation between the trilogy and the other one. That's even longer than the separation between the Star Wars OT and PT.

There's more connection between the three films forming Indy's original trilogy when the process of creation was condensed. KOTCS emerged as a tentative afterthought. I think quarantine is the safest policy.

KOTCS wasn't just thought of in 2007 and thrown together. It existed in some form since 1993 with many scripts used for it......Not really an "afterthought."

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Raiders112390 said:
KOTCS wasn't just thought of in 2007 and thrown together. It existed in some form since 1993 with many scripts used for it......Not really an "afterthought."

All the more reason to keep it at its own table. Most of that pre-film period occurred concurrent with the Raven's presence, and hence there are many years of speculation to go with it. The trilogy has always been there for as long as The Raven has. But it's that lead up that makes KotCS, as far as the Raven is concerned, necessarily separate.

Raiders90

Attila the Professor said:
All the more reason to keep it at its own table. Most of that pre-film period occurred concurrent with the Raven's presence, and hence there are many years of speculation to go with it. The trilogy has always been there for as long as The Raven has. But it's that lead up that makes KotCS, as far as the Raven is concerned, necessarily separate.

But would you at least agree that from appearance, that it makes it seem like the forum views KOTCS as some sort of spin off rather than a sequel? That having The Trilogy section subtitle say it's specifically for discussion of Raiders and it's prequel & SEQUEL makes it seem as Raiders only had one sequel and as if KOTCS is viewed not a sequel but instead as a non-canon entity of some sort, a side project only based in the Indy universe?

Stoo

Moedred said:

Forum #6 and #18?:confused::confused:
Raiders11230 said:
Could there perhaps be some compromise, though?
Behold, the inherent irony on display!
Never imagined 'merging' would come one day,
From a non-compromising fellow,
Who persisted the Mods to do so,
And who's hopefully content that he's had his say.

(In other words, Raiders112390 is the LAST person who should be requesting merges/uniformity on the Raven boards.)