Indy catches egg in ToD deleted scene?

Stoo

Indy's brother said:
You could be onto something here. Maybe what we should be looking for a movie that has a similar scene?
With all due respect, I disagree for several reasons.
Rocket Surgeon said:
I'd also like to bring your attention to the position Indy is reclining. At first his hands are folded, (saying his prayers before night night no doubt), lying on sacks an appreciable distance from the cages themselves. Were his hands to fall it would only make the bullseye even further from the coop! That would have to be one explosive egg to reach his palm!
As I mentioned above, the cage bars are spaced too close together for an egg to fit through. However, see the white chicken. The only one to be outside of a cage and this chicken does not stay in one place either. It has 'free range' and moves around (notice in last image, that it's not by the sinks anymore) so, in theory, it could have been even closer to Indy for the egg drop.

I believe it is this bird who laid the egg.

Egg_Hen2.jpg

Forbidden Eye

Man, call me crazy, but I read through all 20 pages of this thread, and I haven't laughed this hard in a long time.

Forget the JFK assassination, the moon landings, 9/11 and Obama's birth certificate, this is the world's greatest conspiracy!

Stoo said:
I believe it is this bird who laid the egg.
Wow, that's better than the "mule" quote!

Egg_Hen2.jpg

Very nice work...as always, though the issue isn't SO much the chicken, but the egg. Where would the egg have fallen from and where is Indy's hand EVER close enough to catch an egg that is not thrown?

Maybe there was some turbulence! HA! That's it! I'm a believer once again!

Oh, except for the article. Hmm, got to get back to the farm!

Last edited:

Henry W Jones

Regarding Stoo's sketches of "Indiana Jones and the Falling Egg"
Stoo said:
....they were already drawn a few weeks ago but the aim of the exercise was to see if everyone's memories corresponded/were the same. If no one else is going to participate, then there isn't much point in posting them.:( Let's wait a little longer to see if anyone else comes forward...)

So when does the wait end. I would like to see these still regardless of anyone else participating.

I have confirmation that the question has been given to the interviewer...all that remains is whether or not he asks Robert Watts.

Cross your fingers eggheads.:)

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
I've decided after all this clucking and pecking to throw my fedora into the ring...as this might not be the only "Chicken" scene that may have been filmed then missing from an Indiana Jones movie.

But first I'd like to see those storyboards.

In the meantime, here's a non-relevant image...

unicorn-1.jpg

Last edited:

JayDee

Pale Horse said:
Has anyone taken into consideration what This site says about the egg scene?

Yes. "Here follows a list of 5 scenes that have been left out and why." There are 5 scenes listed, and the egg scene is not among them. What does this tell us? Nothing ;)

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
Very nice work...as always, though the issue isn't SO much the chicken, but the egg. Where would the egg have fallen from and where is Indy's hand EVER close enough to catch an egg that is not thrown?
The free-range, white chicken could have easily hopped over and sat on top of the tower of sinks, DIRECTLY above Indy. It's the perfect place for a straight drop.
JuniorJones said:
I've decided after all this clucking and pecking to throw my fedora into the ring...as this might not be the only "Chicken" scene that may have been filmed then missing from an Indiana Jones movie.
Does this mean you're officially an egghead now, JJ? What is this other chicken scene you speak of?:confused:
Pale Horse said:
Has anyone taken into consideration what This site says about the egg scene?
I did 3 months ago back in post #101.;) Here's the egg-cerpt:

"1) Our affiliated Raider.net website has VERY comprehesive pages about Indy DELETED SCENES but there is NO article about the egg scene in "Doom"...Curious, no?"

Anyway, technically, the egg gag isn't a deleted scene since it was in some prints of the movie at one point.:p
JayDee said:
Yes. "Here follows a list of 5 scenes that have been left out and why." There are 5 scenes listed, and the egg scene is not among them. What does this tell us? Nothing ;)
Without critcizing TheRaider.net, it tells us that the list for "Doom" isn't complete because at least 3 other confirmed deleted scenes are not mentioned.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
stoo said:
Does this mean you're officially an egghead now, JJ? What is this other chicken scene you speak of?

Oh! It's nothing really except I've been talking to a partner of a technician who worked under George Gibbs on both Raiders and TOD and help wrangle the poultry on both films. Once I've had a chat with the technician this week, I hope to do an interview, I'll be able to tell you more.

(apprentely, he wrangled the spider on crusade)

Let's hope this thread doesn't end with a turtle lying on it's back somewhere in the desert...;)

Last edited:

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
(apprentely, he wrangled the spider on crusade)
Very cool, JJ. Colour me intrigued! If he wrangled the spider in "Crusade" then he has insight into that deleted scene. Be sure to post any additional info in either of these threads:

Deleted Scenes
LC Word of God deleted scene
moon_tan said:
I like the Egg and I myself. Makes me want to move to Indiana, but I have lived in California so long. Indiana is the only place I can think of where I could get a peaceful mind back.
Last week I had breakfast at a The Egg & I in Colorado! (Egg-zactly 1 day after your wrote this. How funny is that?:D)

For those of you who want to see my storyboard sketches of the egg, you'll have to wait a bit as I'm in Canada now and don't have them with me. In a few days, I'll be back in Switzerland and if I don't scan them by July 31st then they will have to wait until the end of August because I'll be on vacation in Italy for 3 weeks.

WillKill4Food

Stoo said:
The free-range, white chicken could have easily hopped over and sat on top of the tower of sinks, DIRECTLY above Indy. It's the perfect place for a straight drop.
It does seem really strange that they would let a chicken walk around the set unless it was part of the set-up for a gag like this (Chekhov's gun and all).

JayDee

Stoo said:
Without critcizing TheRaider.net, it tells us that the list for "Doom" isn't complete because at least 3 other confirmed deleted scenes are not mentioned.

Yes, in fact this was the thing I wanted to make clear :D