Fav. Indy Moments

mayhew7

well there are so many good moments from the indy films my best in no real order are :

1. The Truck Chase on Raiders
2. The Bridge Scene on Temple of Doom
3. The bit on Raiders where Indy Shoots the Guy in the Market
4. Falling Celling in secret passage on Temple of Doom
5. The Tank Chase on Last Crusade

there are my top 5 all great but there are so many good moments on these films which is what makes them all fantastic

Seven

I can't choose a favorite action or comedy scene. I love them all for different reasons. But I would have to say my favorite moment is when Indy's Dad calls him "Indiana" for the first time in LC.

mayhew7

for some reason i forgot that part when Henry calls Indy "Indiana" a very good moment in the film just shows these films have lots of wonderful moments either Comedy, action or emotional

bungle92

mayhew7 said:
Henry calls Indy "Indiana" a very good moment in the film

I love that scene as well. It shows that Indy and his dad do care for each other by the film's end and it shows that for Henry the grail is not as important as his son's life. I'm sure several Indy fans have said this but: kudos to Steven Spielberg for coming up with the idea for having the great Sean Connery play Indy's dad.

I

Indy_Jones88

Indiana Jones: This is an obsession, Dad. I've never understood it. Never. Neither did Mom.

Henry Jones: Oh yes she did. Only too well. Unfortunately, she kept her illness from me. All I could do was mourn her.

These lines tell us that Henry was obsessed with the Holy Grail. It tells us that whenever he was not at work that he worked on his Grail Diary or studying.

"Indiana, give me your hand"

This tells us he finally got his priorities right. He would rather have a son than the Holy Grail. It tells us that during the adventure Indy and his father had made a small bond. It also tells us that during the adventure Henry Jones Sr. Changed drastically

Canyon

How long have you got?

The problem with me is (and you all well know this) is that I have about twenty favourite parts from each film so I'm gonna list the ones I can think of here:

Raiders

* When Indy takes the Idol of the Chachapoyan Warriors and the temple begins to fall apart.
* "I hate snakes Jock, I hate em!!!"
* The whole classroom scene, expecially the part when one of the female student's flashes her 'LOVE YOU' eyes at Indy which leaves our adventurer bewildered
* When Indy and Marion share a private moment for a few seconds on Sallah's balcony and Indy flashes that wonderful smile *siggghhhh*
* The Cairo street scene (which of course includes Indy shooting the arab swordsman).
* When Indy goes to the maproom and uses the headpiece of the Staff of Ra
* When Indy realises that Marion is not dead (and kisses her - ah - lucky woman!)
* When Indy, Sallah and the diggers begin to dig and are silhoutted by the sun.
* "Snakes, why'd it have to be snakes?" "Asps. Very dangerous. You go first"
* When Indy and Sallah take out the Ark of the Covenant
* "I don't know. I'm making this up as I go." and after when Indy dashingly goes after the Ark truck on a white horse (da da da daaaaaaaaa!!!!!)
* When Indy drags behind the Ark truck and deals with the bad guys!
* The whole Bantu Wind scene (awww...cute)
* When Indy appears on the sub and all the guys cheer whilst the Indy theme is playing. Cool!
* When Belloq and co open the Ark
* When Indy and Marion hug
* And last but not least "C'mon. I'll buy you a drink. Y'know, a drink."

Temple of Doom

* When all hell breaks loose in the club and Indy and Willie are on the floor, her looking for the diamond, and him looking for the antidote
* "I don't wanna go...........!"
* "Nice try, Lao Che!"
* When you see Indy for the first time in his gear (he looks so darn cool!)
* When Indy is making fun of Willie's name "What is that, is that short for something? "Willie is my professional name Indiana."
* When Indy and co arrive at Pankot Palace.
* The whole banquet scene
* The love scene between Indy and Willie right from when he sees her to when he bursts into her suite. "Oh...Indy!"
* The spike room scene, and the look that Indy gives Willie after the door opens is priceless!
* "You're gonna get killed chasing after your damn fortune and glory!" "Maybe, but not today."
* When Indy makes his way down to the Sankara Stones and takes one. He has the most amazing look on his face, and together, that with JW's score, is awesome.
* When Short Round wakes Indy up from the Black Sleep of the Kali Ma and the fight that follows. "I'm all right kid."
* When Indy rescues Willie and she throws her arms around him and I love the part where Indy puts Short Round's baseball cap on his head and Shortie hands Indy his fedora
* The whole mine cart scene
* When Indy realises that he doesn't have his gun, flashes a drop-dead gorgeous smile and disarms one of the Thuggees with his whip (I stare in awe every time I see that!)
* When Indy chops the bridge in half
* When Willie and Shortie think that Indy is dead and he appears with the last Sankara Stone
* Indy and Willie's banter and.......the kiss. (a perfect end to an adventure.

Last Crusade
* The opening sequence. River Phoenix was perfect as Young Indy
* "You lost today kid, but that doesn't mean you have to like it." and the Portugese Coast scene that follows
* The classroom scene
* When Indy and Brody meet Elsa and are surprised to find that Dr. Schneider is a woman
* When Indy and Elsa go into the catacombs below the library
"What's that?" "The Ark of the Convenant." "Are you sure?" "Pretty sure"
* When Indy says "Don't worry, this is kid's stuff. I'll be right back", and When Indy crashes into his fathers room and Henry gets excited because Indy had found the second marker
* "Dr. Jones?" "Yes?"
* When Indy tells Donovan and co that Marcus has probably already gotten the Grail, and then it cuts to Marus wandering around lost in Iskendurun
* "I can't forget how wonderful it was." "Yes, it was rather wonderful." The look that Indy gives his father is priceless!
* Indy and his father escaping and who can forget when Henry accidentally set fire to the floor! "And the chair!"
* When Indy says that he has never understood his fathers obsession and "neither did mom."
*When Indy and Henry are discussing things. "If you'd been an ordinary, average father like the other guys dad's you'd have understood that."
* "Fly yes, land no!" and the scenes that follow. Indy crashes, er lands the plane, they drive off, Indy, ahem, crashes the car, runs across the beach and Henry gets the seagulls to fly into the enemy fighter plane. And who can forget "I suddenly remembered Charlemagne. Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky."
* The tank chase sequence, and my favourites from this include when Marcus asks "How does one get off this thing?" and when Henry goes flying and Indy cracks his whip, catching Henry around the ankle
* When Henry and the others realise that Indy is not dead. "I thought I'd lost you boy!"
* When Indy finds the Grail and takes it back to his father
* "I can get it, I can almost reach it!" "Indiana...Indiana. Let it go."
* "Got lost once in his own museum, huh?" "Uh-huh" and when they all ride off into the sunset

Well, I thnk that's everything. ;)

I

Indy's_main_man

2 of my favorite moments come from the same scene:

when Indy whips the poker out of the nazi's hand and yells "Let her go!"

and then of course when he's on the bar and calmly looks up and says "whiskey?"

I

Indy's_main_man

does everyone recall Brendan Fraiser doing this same bit in "the mummy"?

I

Indy's_main_man

Fraiser runs up a hill sort of thing only to be met by like 5 mummies with swords so he shakes his head, says "nuh uh", and runs in the opposite direction

Finn

Staff member
Re: How long have you got?

Canyon said:
Well, I thnk that's everything. ;)
You couldn't have put it better. You truly love <i>everything</i> in these flicks.

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
My favorite Indy moments are:

- The Raiders opening scean when he goes to get the idol.
- When he's in the closing spike trap in TOD.
- The mine cart chase.
- In the grail temple when he's trying to get past the traps.
- When they ride into the sun at the end, it's so....poetic.

There are of course many more...

EDIT: how could I forget, I also love the eating scean in TOD

EDIT 2: Oh and I just remebered! the scean where he shoots down the swords man in Raiders, love it!

Last edited:

IndyMcFly

Any moment where Indy and Short Round interact with eachother... it's a really cool father/son relationship they've got there.

"I'm very little, you cheat very big!" -Shorty

When Indy throws Marion into the cart in Cairo and turns around and pulls out his bullwhip and does those 2 cracks... I've been trying to get that to work with my bullwhip, but it's hard!! Harrison was good!

The time in Last Crusade where Indy and his dad are in the motorcycle, and Indy laughs, then looks at his dad, who's all serious and kinda angry, and his smile just kind of fades away.

"Indy! Henry! Follow me! I know the way! Ha!"
That was so funny... the whole ending part.

In Christ,
Shane

I

Indy_Jones88

Indy's_main_man said:
does everyone recall Brendan Fraiser doing this same bit in "the mummy"?

Harrison Ford also did this in Star Wars a couple of times. 1st in a new hope, he runs around a corner and then runs back screaming with 10 stormtroopers chasing him. He also does the same thing in return of the jedi.