Video Games

Deadlock

Katarn07 said:
I've been looking around to get my hands on both of them for a good price. They're quite expensive off of Amazon for some reason.

I got mine in a double pack (CDs only, no manuals) at Target for a song (a little ditty I like to call "$20"). But that was like... last winter or so.

Finn

Staff member
I understand that mentality, very well in fact... but I still wouldn't call NOLF 2 an "oldie". :)

Katarn07

NOLF2 isn't a new game, so therefore, it is old. Maybe I worded that the wrong way. Can't believe there's that much arguement over it.

I saw FO 1&2 at Target too a year or so ago for only $10. But like you said, that was a year ago. I've looked all over for it. Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Gamestop, EB, etc

Deadlock

Well I guess you'll just have to look for Fallout on Ebay... I haven't looked, but I'm sure SOMEBODY'S selling it. Sometime, when time allows, I'm going to get Fallout: Tactics. I know it isn't an RPG :(, but I like the universe enough to buy it.

Indyologist

I love RPGs! I can't wait for Fable to come out next month! If I can, I'm going to wait for a few months after it comes out before I buy it so that maybe I can get it used.

Redwall said:
More like a gamer (especially shooter) mentality, where anything over two years old is ridiculously out of date.

I guess some people view video games like a new car-- walk out of the store with it and it's considered old!

How do you guys feel about the classic arcade games of the 80's (yeah, I'm dating myself-- but who cares?!)? I just got Namco Museum and Midway Arcade Classics for my XBox. They have games like Spyhunter, Smash TV, Galaga, Ms. Pac-Man and other classic arcade games on them. Anybody else remember that, um, era?

Last edited:

Indyologist

VP said:
The Official name is The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. http://www.elderscrolls.com

Thanx VP. Being a newcomer to the Elderscrolls, which game do you recommend I get? I see there are different sequels to the game such as Bloodmoon, etc. Or do think I should just go ahead and get the Game of the Year Edition? What do you recommend, my friend?

Last edited:

Deadlock

I would go ahead and get the Game of the Year Edition. It includes the original Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (that's for VP, you exacting Finn, you. :) But shall hereby be shortened to "Morrowind") and BOTH expansion packs Bloodmoon and Tribunal.

HUGE very detailed game. Might be too much for the casual RPG fan. But if you're into RPGs, it gives you TONS of freedom, and more stuff than you can reasonably do. (I've had it since Christmas, and still haven't finished all the expansion pack stuff). When I'm talking about freedom, I mean more than just your race, gender, occupation, weapons, and armor. (Though there are tons of options and combinations there.) Morrowind lets you create your own spells and enchant your own items. Nothing is cooler than blasting baddies with your customized blade (or blades, in my case). I highly recommend the game. :)

Indyologist

Deadlock said:
I would go ahead and get the Game of the Year Edition. It includes the original Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (that's for VP, you exacting Finn, you. :) But shall hereby be shortened to "Morrowind") and BOTH expansion packs Bloodmoon and Tribunal.

HUGE very detailed game. Might be too much for the casual RPG fan. But if you're into RPGs, it gives you TONS of freedom, and more stuff than you can reasonably do. (I've had it since Christmas, and still haven't finished all the expansion pack stuff). When I'm talking about freedom, I mean more than just your race, gender, occupation, weapons, and armor. (Though there are tons of options and combinations there.) Morrowind lets you create your own spells and enchant your own items. Nothing is cooler than blasting baddies with your customized blade (or blades, in my case). I highly recommend the game. :)

Oh-my-freaking-goodness! I've been looking for a good RPG for my XBox. Because I'm new to this system and have no idea what's "good" out there. Thank you for the tip VP and Deadlock!
I read up on the game (here: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/morrowindgoty/index.html?q=morrowind) and they said that it takes forever to restore a game after you've been killed. Is this true?

Enjoy reading the reviews on this game and thanks again for the information. You guys are the best!

Deadlock

I think that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Morrowind are far and away the best RPGs for the Xbox.

And yes, loading games does take a while... But after you play for awhile, you'll understand why. The games memorizes EVERY little thing. It remembers where every little thing in my house is... my magical weapons collection... my armory... even the candles. Okay, I'm a geek. :eek:

Indy Benson

I remember playing Pirates (Sid Meier's Pirates was the full title, I think) on the Commodore 64. I loved that game.

I also remember playing Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe (the father of SWoN)on the PC about 10+ years ago. Great game, and you could buy expansion disks of different planes.
I tried playing Secret Weapons over Normandy, but just couldn't get into it.

I loved games like Civilization on the PC.

For Xbox, I play Halo, SW:KOTOR, the two Splinter Cell games, Rainbow Six 3, Crimson Skies, Namco Museum (Galaga rocks!)

Indyologist

Deadlock said:
I think that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Morrowind are far and away the best RPGs for the Xbox.

And yes, loading games does take a while... But after you play for awhile, you'll understand why. The games memorizes EVERY little thing. It remembers where every little thing in my house is... my magical weapons collection... my armory... even the candles. Okay, I'm a geek. :eek:

Waiting a while will be a PITA, but I still LOVE the idea of this game. Think I'll get it in a coupla weeks. Bill paying comes first, unfortunately. :( And hey, I don't think you're a geek. So you play video games-- so what?! Way I look at it, it's better than doing drugs or working towards being an alcoholic or something. At least the only people you hurt while playing video games are virtual ones! Just make sure you're not using games to escape the adventure that is REAL LIFE! ;)

Indy Benson said:
, Namco Museum (Galaga rocks!)

Hey Indy B, you've got Namco Museum too, huh? I love Dig-Dug. Do you like the "arrangement" games on that disc? I think they would be great if the boards for those games were easier to see. Seems they just threw the "arrangement" games in because they didn't know what the heck to do with them. Have you unlocked the 2 Pac-Man games? I've unlocked one of them so far.

Element said:
I have morrowind but I don't like it to much. Takes to long. My brother likes it though. :)

Hi Element-- nice 2 C U! Hope you're enjoying The Raven!

Last edited:

Indy Benson

Hey Indy B, you've got Namco Museum too, huh? I love Dig-Dug. Do you like the "arrangement" games on that disc? I think they would be great if the boards for those games were easier to see. Seems they just threw the "arrangement" games in because they didn't know what the heck to do with them. Have you unlocked the 2 Pac-Man games? I've unlocked one of them so far.

I, too, love Dig Dug. No , I haven't unlocked any games that I know of. I'd like to buy a controller that's just a big stick and the buttons, like an arcade-style set-up (know what I mean?) to play games like Galaga, Dig Dug, and fighting games.

Indyologist

Indy Benson said:
I, too, love Dig Dug. No , I haven't unlocked any games that I know of. I'd like to buy a controller that's just a big stick and the buttons, like an arcade-style set-up (know what I mean?) to play games like Galaga, Dig Dug, and fighting games.

Yeah, I don't see any controllers like that out there...

Indy Benson

Something like this:

joystick.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=801834