KOTCS had the most brutal fist fight

Mickiana

Sorry Spalko, you have mistaken me for someone who cares that much. After reading your previous postings on this thread and seeing your claims trounced very easily, I actually don't want you to leave now. Please stay and keep demonstrating your brilliant acumen.

Crusade>Raiders

Quickening said:
So, the answer is to do nothing? The problem is people believing that they have no power when in fact they are the power if only so many of them weren't so apathetic and distacted by other trash. If people rise up and resist, then no Government on Earth can resist them.

So they destroy the eeeeeevil groups controlling the world, and then what? Crate a new world order to govern the--oh wait, thats what we were trying to prevent. Whoops! Don't know about you, but I got a pretty stable life here in America. That New World Order is doing a pretty damn good job giving most people here many opportunities.

Nice work, Illuminati (y)

Quickening

Crusade>Raiders said:
So they destroy the eeeeeevil groups controlling the world, and then what? Crate a new world order to govern the--oh wait, thats what we were trying to prevent. Whoops! Don't know about you, but I got a pretty stable life here in America. That New World Order is doing a pretty damn good job giving most people here many opportunities.

Nice work, Illuminati (y)

It's true that the New World Order (globalists to use a term that doesn't evolk all kinds of imagery) are human and humans are easily corrupted. But that's a larger issue and for now we need to focus on the problems at hand. One step at a time and one issue at a time. They are planning to fluoridate the water around here so Im going to stand up against it, for example.
As for your life, seen the state of the dollar lately? The gas prices? Nothing lasts forever and even if you don't pay attention to what's going on it'll affect you anyway.

Anyway this IS way off topic as has been said before so I'll just add, Giant Thuggee Guard = best fight in my opinion.
There are so many brutal moments in that fight. You know over here in the UK they cut a lot of stuff out of the Temple of Doom so I was delighted to see the US version. They even cut out the bit where Pat Roach punches Indy on the chest in front of the minecart. So annoying, was watching my Region 2 Temple of Doom DvD on my PC the other night and low and behold VLC player had it named as "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, UK Censored Version". Gee, thanks for reminding me (n) I can't believe with this latest DvD release they are still fobbing us off. I guess us gentle folks over here just can't handle all that awful violence.

Peacock's-Eye

I find it funny that people keep pegging Lucas for softening Indy, when it was Lucas who contributed most to the tone of TOD, and Spielberg is still apologizing for that movie! And Lucas produced Empire Strikes Back & Revenge of the Sith, two "kid's" movies where the main character gets mauled pretty badly.

Maybe Spielberg is the softening influence here?
Just a thought...

Quickening

Crusade>Raiders said:
Yeah, no more of these secret organizations that rule the world :rolleyes:

Well you obviously don't know anything about it. They're not secret for the most part. They're globalists. Have you heard the word globalist before? I assure you it's a very real word and it means something.

Just to comment on the OP...

I still think the fist fight by the flying wing in Raiders was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the one in KotCS. No doubt about it.

Darth Vile

mindy muffles said:
Just to comment on the OP...

I still think the fist fight by the flying wing in Raiders was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the one in KotCS. No doubt about it.

No argument there. That one sets the standard and is not yet bettered (IMHO). The one in KOTCS is pretty good though...

nitzsche

I think the Raiders flying-wing fist-fight wins because every other Indy fist-fight spanning all the movies suffer from continuity and staging flaws. I haven't noticed any such flaws with the flying-wing fight.

Stoo

nitzsche said:
I think the Raiders flying-wing fist-fight wins because every other Indy fist-fight spanning all the movies suffer from continuity and staging flaws. I haven't noticed any such flaws with the flying-wing fight.
And it's even more impressive when finding out the fight shots weren't planned and made up on the spot!(y)

Mothy

Darth Vile said:
No argument there. That one sets the standard and is not yet bettered (IMHO). The one in KOTCS is pretty good though...
Any action scene from the original three is better than what KOTCS dishes up.

Mothy

Darth Vile said:
I hate to disagree... but you are of course mistaken...
You have the palette of a cows backside. You have no taste or sense of style at all if you honestly think that KOTCS features a half decent fight on par with the original three films.

Silentrascal

Mothy said:
Any action scene from the original three is better than what KOTCS dishes up.

You are 100% correct. There wasn't one single action scene in KOTCS that didn't feel forced, contrived, completely phony, and lacking in any sense of actual danger to the main characters. The original 3 had a number of such scenes. Darth Vile is, again, in the wrong on this.

graz

I think the 'flying wing' punch up is the best of the series. However, I can't recall anything else in the other movies as thrilling as the moment in KOTCS when Indy launched himself into the 'duck' in the jungle chase amongst several Russkies and started brawling with them. I thought it was a great moment...

Agent Z

graz said:
...I can't recall anything else in the other movies as thrilling as the moment in KOTCS when Indy launched himself into the 'duck' in the jungle chase amongst several Russkies and started brawling with them. I thought it was a great moment...

..or when Spalko flips over onto the hood of Marion's braking vehicle and simultaneously grabs onto/starts firing the hood-mounted artillery, shredding windshield in the process. (y)

The Man

graz said:
I think the 'flying wing' punch up is the best of the series. However, I can't recall anything else in the other movies as thrilling as the moment in KOTCS when Indy launched himself into the 'duck' in the jungle chase amongst several Russkies and started brawling with them. I thought it was a great moment...

Yes, but it was pretty much his last flourish in the jungle chase. He spent the remainder of it bringing up the rear. Indiana Jones relegated to second fiddle in the centrepiece action sequence is unforgivable.

Darth Vile

Mothy said:
You have the palette of a cows backside. You have no taste or sense of style at all if you honestly think that KOTCS features a half decent fight on par with the original three films.

You really are a f*cktard if you believe the fights in TOD and LC cannot be touched. Those rose tinted glasses suit you well.