Toy Fair Coverage

Indy fan 235

As much as I got a kick out of the Darth Tater Mr. Potatoe Head, I never bought it. But, I think I will get the Indy one. Heck, maybe two, one for me and one for my kids.

barranca

I love it when people mis-spell potato! It reminds me of a story of when my mum was in a shop trying to be 'posh'. The lady before her bought a pound of 'Tomatoes', so when my mum got asked what she wanted, she said, trying to be just as 'posh'. A pound of ''Bananoes'' Please !! We still laugh about that now, its adorable.

Indy fan 235

barranca said:
I love it when people mis-spell potato! It reminds me of a story of when my mum was in a shop trying to be 'posh'. The lady before her bought a pound of 'Tomatoes', so when my mum got asked what she wanted, she said, trying to be just as 'posh'. A pound of ''Bananoes'' Please !! We still laugh about that now, its adorable.

You know, I looked at the word and was like, "That looks wrong." But second guessed myself. Should have listened to myself the first time.

Billy Ray

Man, I am excited for all of this stuff...well, maybe not the FX whip:rolleyes: The playset does look cooler than expected. Can't wait to see more pics from Toyfair!

Man, what a great couple of days this has been eh? First the trailer, then the Sideshow pic, now this!(y)

Little Indy

Yes the last few days have been spectacular! Anyone else notice on the Deluxe German motorcycle the peg hole on the rear wheel, maybe to accomodate a side car. Just need 4 of these guys, the side car, and Dr. Henry Jones figure and you got the Escape from Brunwald diorama!!!!

MaxPhactor23

Most of this looks pretty darn awesome. However, the Indy’s themselves are…lackluster. Their faces are pitiful. Like mentioned, I really hope the eyes aren’t that bad. What is that, Indiana Jones upon seeing the Well of Souls? O.O! Snakes, why’d it have to be snakes? Is it just me or do the eyes looks so bad…that they’re actually photo shopped and not actually the eyes on the figure? Something doesn't look right.

I eat my words about the playset. It’s surprisingly not as bad as I was expecting. I still hope we get new ones though. The tree miniset bodes well for that.

But the obvious scene-stealer is the German on Motorcycle. That’s just…amazing!

Last edited:

MaxPhactor23

tnswman said:
You are ohhh so wrong!!
When last I looked?this is all opinion. So tell me, how possibly is he wrong? Congratulations - you?ve written one of the most asinine statements I?ve ever read.

JimmyPSHayes

Man, Hasbro's getting all my money this year. Between this line and GI Joe, I'm gonna go broke. Can't wait to start seeing some Toy Fair pics!

metalinvader

Perhilion said:
Lots of this stuff looks cool...except for that sound FX whip....looks horrible.

Heh,Yeah the whip is pretty bad.But kids will absolutely love it! I know I would have when I was young.I used to always use my fathers extension chords for whips when I was young,Having this back then would have been a godsend!

Vlad Dracula

I'm not concerned by the rough paint jobs on some these. The paint apps on Hasbro's SW and Gi JOE figures are always nicely done. My guess is these are just hand painted samples and not production level figures.

deckard24

My God the head on the Indy w/jacket 3 3/4" is horrible! The streets of Cairo Indy is ten times better, what's the deal?

On a positive note the German soldier on the motorbike is excellent! I really hope there's an Indy and Henry Sr. w/bike and sidecar!

The_Raiders

deckard24 said:
My God the head on the Indy w/jacket 3 3/4" is horrible! The streets of Cairo Indy is ten times better, what's the deal?

Well, someone said they were just prototype hand paited ones. I think the acual product in stores will looke alot better. (y)