temp498or3.jpg

temp499cr4.jpg

temp500cg1.jpg

temp502ny5.jpg

temp503jw6.jpg

temp504yl4.jpg

temp506za0.jpg

Yure

They're gonna shoot here in Naples (Caserta, 30km from here) in a couple of weeks. It's gonna be a secured set with almost no one allowed to run around (except me, of course(y) ). They'll film in the Reggia, same place they shot the interiors for the royal palaces in Star Wars Episode I and II, and Mission Impossible 3.

Michael24

Woah, crap! They're already filming? Last I'd read things were delayed because of the writer's strike, and I thought production was pushed back to 2009. But that's cool that filming has already started. I haven't read Angels & Demons, but I loved The DaVinci Code, so I'm looking forward to this. This will also be Hanks' first sequel. (Well, first live-action sequel anyway, since he's also done two Toy Storys.)

-Jones- said:
No... this is the prequel.
If Audrey Tautou is in this, it can't be a prequel because she's first introduced in The DaVinci Code. But I did read that, even though Angels & Demons was published first, the film adaptation will have the story taking place after DC.

EDIT: Actually, it kinda looks like Rachel Weisz in that pic. IMDb doesn't list Audrey Tautou in the cast, so I guess it's possible the adaptation is staying a prequel. And it looks like they're shooting under the codename "Obelisk." Check out the clapboard Hanks is holding. :)

The Man

Wasn't Hanks slightly injured while filming this the other day? I saw that headline somewhere...

Lonsome Indy

i hope Angels & Demons is a bit better story wise than The DaVinci Code. both books are great and i was a little disappointed by the end result of the movie but its not terrible.

at any rate its nice to see this in production, i certainly thought this wouldnt start until 2009 or early 2010.

nezobiwan

Michael24 said:
According to IMDb he's in it, but perhaps he just hasn't started filming yet?
It's all good. I just felt like being illogically incredulous. :whip:

I wasn't a big fan of Da Da Vinci Code (that's not a typo, it's a joke), but I'll watch anything with Ewan in it... and have... gods above and below that man has made some crappy movies in his time.

...but I always come back for more. *crazy wide-eyed stare*

Michael24

Yeah, for as much as I disliked the Prequel Trilogy, he was definitely the highlight of the films and I enjoyed whenever he was on screen. His Obi-Wan was just spot-on with Alec Guiness. (y)

And I thought The DaVinci Code was better than what most people were saying. I thought it was pretty enjoyable. :)

nezobiwan

I read Angels and Demons and had a lot of fun in the midst of it. I even recommended it to my husband, who isn't a big novel reader normally. When his review was a wash, I realized that it wasn't really that spectacular of a book: just a fun ride. Fluff.

And yeah, Ewan and Natalie were the best new cast members of the new trilogy.

Ska

Wow! How did this slip under my radar?! They're making an Angels & Demons movie?!

I thought this book was just as good as The Da Vinci Code...a little more actioned packed, too! If this one does good, I wonder if someone will do Digital Fortress and/or Deception Point?

Can't wait to see the film version of Angels & Demons. I personally enjoyed The Da Vinci Code movie, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this one also.

Speaking of Dan Brown, when's his new novel coming out? I've been waiting for The Solomon Key forever!

BTW, his website really sucks. You wouldn't even know he's writing a new novel!

Last edited:

Goonie

SKAbatula said:
Speaking of Dan Brown, when's his new novel coming out? I've been waiting for The Solomon Key forever!

I've been wondering about The Solomon Key too. I read that it may get released later this year or in 2009. I guess this one will get a movie with Hanks as well since it is a Robert Langdon book.

AndyLGR

I thought that Angels and Demons would have been an easier book to adapt for film, but I guess the success of the da vinci Code was enough for the studio to do that one first.

I really enjoyed his books, even though he has a similar theme in all his work, they all rattle on at a great pace.

I thought the da vinci code film was good. Nothing spectacular but a very solid film. I'm looking forward to the new one.

Zealot

I have red all the books from Dan Brown, and my favorite would definitely be Digital Fortress, with Angels&Demons being the last. I just hated it. It starts so good and then is packed and loaded with impossible scenes. :mad:

Lonsome Indy

to each their own, i loved the suspense in most of them. especially the water fountain scene, thats probably overall my favorite part from the book.