Which could you stand the least: Snakes, Bugs, or Rats?

Which do you hate more?

• Snakes

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Bugs

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • Rats

Votes: 9 15.5%

• Total voters

ReggieSnake

I like snakes! I'm the type that goes to pick them up... if they're not poisonous, of course.;)

Rats, eh.

I went with bugs.

The_Raiders

ReggieSnake said:
I like snakes! I'm the type that goes to pick them up... if they're not poisonous, of course.;)

Rats, eh.

I went with bugs.

hahah yeah I usually go and pick them up too, one time me and my dad went hunting copper mouths before. :rolleyes:

Raiders of Clay

I Hate Snakes, Chuck!!!

I don't know about you guys, but you can smash a bug. Were about a million times bigger than a rat. Snakes on the other hand can be small vicious little devils or the can be big enough to wrap around your throat an sufficate you to death. Not to mention, MANY OF THEM ARE POISONES!!!

I with Sallah on this one, Asps are very dangerous:dead:

ReggieSnake

The_Raiders said:
hahah yeah I usually go and pick them up too, one time me and my dad went hunting copper mouths before. :rolleyes:
What do Copper mouths look like? We have Copperheads here, though I don't think those live in Alaska. Wait, do you have any snakes in Alaska? Were you hunting them on a trip south?

The_Raiders

ReggieSnake said:
What do Copper mouths look like? We have Copperheads here, though I don't think those live in Alaska. Wait, do you have any snakes in Alaska? Were you hunting them on a trip south?

Hahah, oops I ment copperheads, my bad. Or you could say cottonmoyth that's it. No I used to live in Texas, but there's no good things to catch up here :( except plor bears and seals :rolleyes:

Hedwig

I have to go with bugs. They are creepy little things with usually more than four legs...:sick: I especially hate spiders! They are just disgusting, just like cockroaches and other creepy crawlers...

Perhilion

Bugs. I have no problem with rats or snakes, just leave them alone and they'll return the favor, but bugs have the nasty habit of crawling all over you, getting in you hair, sucking you blood, biting you for no good reason, and laying their eggs in you! GAH! I can understand Willie's reaction.

whipcracker666

Even though snakes and rats present more of a threat , rationally speaking. many peoples phobias come from the irrational part of the mind.
My phobia is bugs, not spiders though. Just creepy crawley insects with their nasty wings and thoraxes and such. Snakes , even poisonous ones don't bother me . I lived around the everglades all my life so I've dealt with my share of rattlers and water moccosons.

oki9Sedo

I Hate Snakes! said:
I don't see how rats scare people. The rats run away when they are scared. They are a lot more afraid of you then you are of them.

Their dirty black fur, their long, nasty little whip-like tails, their pointy faces with their little sharp teeth and slit eyes, the fact that they are too big to make it easy to deal with them......and the fact that when they bite you, you end up with streptobacillosis or some other nasty sh*t.

Canyon

bonoferox said:
Bugs. Spiders would have been 1,000% more frightening for me, though.

You know, I would have to agree with you there. ;)

With regards to rats, I know that they are different to wild rats, but I have had several pet rats in the past and they make great pets. :D

Michael24

I went with bugs. I just hate bugs, especially when it's a spider that turns up in our bathroom or my bedroom wall.

Rats don't bother me. Like someone said, rats scare easily and run away. Plus, they're just like big mice, and mice don't bother me, either. I used to have a mouse for a pet.

I don't like snakes either, but the thought of a horde of bugs like in Temple of Doom, the way they just move about so quickly, really freaks me out. I would definitely turn into a Willie clone if I was in her situation.

IndySeven

I don't like snakes. I don't hate them, but some of them are very poisonous and can kill you. I can tolerate some kinds of bugs and rats, but I'm scared of snakes and what they can do.

Agent Z

oki9Sedo said:
Their dirty black fur, their long, nasty little whip-like tails, their pointy faces with their little sharp teeth and slit eyes, the fact that they are too big to make it easy to deal with them......and the fact that when they bite you, you end up with streptobacillosis or some other nasty sh*t.

Oh lord yes! Don't forget their creepy little rubbery feet which look like little hands! :eek:

You guys remember in First Blood when Rambo was trapped in that mine shaft and the rats started jumping on him and biting him? Screw that noise!

I agree with the previous poster about it being a size management issue. Bugs, eh, ultimately, I'm way bigger and can handle them. Snakes, not as easy, but I'll take my chances over dealing with them versus trying to fend off an army of big nasty rats.

EDIT: I need to revisit the audio commentary for First Blood, but I recall Stallone mentioning that the rats were literally attacking him and biting him while they filmed that scene! (n)

|ZiR|

Rats. When I was a kid I read this story where a person is tortured by being tied down and having a starving rat placed on top of his stomach and covered with a red hot bowl. The rat had no choice but to eat its way through the poor man.

Blech.