The Ark?

The Drifter

I apologize if this has been said before. (I have read tons of posts here while waiting for my approval to join this forum, and never seen any mention).

I was watching all of the TV Spots on the official website, and noticed that in some of them there is a very quick flash showing Indy in a truck that is going through the same warehouse at the end of Raiders.

Well, if you closely in the truck, there is a wooden crate just like the one the Ark was stored in. I wonder if Indy is going to that warehouse to steal the Ark back at some point in the movie?

Sorry, if this is stupid, or already discussed.

San Holo

Hey Drifter, Welcome to the Raven(y) . Yeah, just look through the old threads and you will find all of the info ya need. And yes, the Ark does make a guest appearance in the new movie.

agentsands77

It's already been discussed and officially stated.

Here's how it goes down, according to official sources:

Indy is kidnapped by Soviet soldiers (led by Cate Blanchett's Irina Spalko) and brought to Hangar 51 (the warehouse) to help them find an artifact relating to extraterrestrial origins. During his attempted escape and chase throughout, he notices the Ark of the Covenant and is distracted, but is soon pulled back into the conflict.

The Ark plays no other role in the film as far as any of us know... just a little wink.

MarxBrosFan

agentsands77 said:
It's already been discussed and officially stated.

Here's how it goes down, according to official sources:

Indy is kidnapped by Soviet soldiers (led by Cate Blanchett's Irina Spalko) and brought to Hangar 51 (the warehouse) to help them find an artifact relating to extraterrestrial origins. During his attempted escape and chase throughout, he notices the Ark of the Covenant and is distracted, but is soon pulled back into the conflict.

The Ark plays no other role in the film as far as any of us know... just a little wink.

I kinda wish there was no nod to the Ark because they had the same joke in Last Crusade. Oh well. I wonder how Indy is going to notice the Ark if it's in a crate and he doesn't know the number? I mean it SHOULD be in the crate, it would be dumb to have it sitting out in the open.

Michael24

Maybe while searching the crates he pries the lid open on one and spots it, then quickly closes it before the Russians can see it.

"Uh, not this one. Let's try over there." *walks away quickly*

(y)

Indy4fan

Michael24 said:
Maybe while searching the crates he pries the lid open on one and spots it, then quickly closes it before the Russians can see it.

(y)
Would've been smart if he made them open it.

"Mac shut your eyes!"(y)

Burke

Michael24 said:

(y)

I'll bet it happens almost EXACTLY like you described.

agentsands77

Burke said:
I'll bet it happens almost EXACTLY like you described.
Not according to the cards, which tells us exactly how it happens: Indy's running away, gets distracted by the sight of the Ark, and is hit by Dovchenko's jeep.

Michael24

Glad I've been avoiding the cards then. The Ark reference is something I'm very curious about how it's going to be handled and don't want it spoiled for me.

CaliforniaJones

agentsands77 said:
Not according to the cards, which tells us exactly how it happens: Indy's running away, gets distracted by the sight of the Ark, and is hit by Dovchenko's jeep.
That doesn't make sense though. For it to happen that way, the ark would have to be sitting in the open plainly visible. I guess maybe the "top men" have it out for a look-see?

The Man

CaliforniaJones said:
That doesn't make sense though. For it to happen that way, the ark would have to be sitting in the open plainly visible. I guess maybe the "top men" have it out for a look-see?

Perhaps the Ark has burned a hole in its crate.

HawkEagleWolf

Indeed, the Cards don't make sense.. Especially if the KGB know that there's secret stuff in there, powerful stuff. Why not nab it if they know it's there? Is this the first plot hole? Or proof of another movie to come? And that Spalko doesn't die.

GlasgowChivas

HawkEagleWolf said:
Indeed, the Cards don't make sense.. Especially if the KGB know that there's secret stuff in there, powerful stuff. Why not nab it if they know it's there? Is this the first plot hole? Or proof of another movie to come? And that Spalko doesn't die.

There's a lot of crates getting shot - blown open, crashed into

It's of course conceiveable that the Ark gets spilled out / revealed

And Spalko dies - it's on the other thread

Daring Dragoon

Yeah, all I can picture is a crate with the lid not on all the way and the ark is sticking out. Hopefully that's not how it plays out.

peterlally

Dunno but I think the Ark is somewhere around the Rocket Sled scene, probably in a Lab.

Dont the cards place the Ark nr the Rocket Sled scene?

cdatkins

Lonsome_Drifter said:
What would be in the crates that are in the truck during that lightning fast scene?

My guess is an alien body, which will help them find the location of the crystal skull.