Lucas: No point to making Indy 4

Agent Z

sandiegojones said:
I love Nolan's films, TDK and Memento are as good as antyhing Lucas or Spielberg ever made, but let's see how Nolan does 25 years from now.

I think SS and GL's films suffer from their age and perspectives. The same may be said about Nolan in the future.

Still, I think SS and GL have gotten a bit lazy since they have CGI to make things easier on them, while Nolan certainly keeps things very real and limits technology. He's also a better much writer than the two are! Still, I enjoyed KOTCS and feel that making a direct comparison between the two is silly. I never thought KOTCS would be another classic like Raiders (TOD and LC were not nearly as good as Raiders and HF is 65 for Christ's sake) and I expected TDK to be damn good based on BB quality.

They all have their strengths and weaknesses. I think Spielberg is so good that we take for granted his skill in setting up and delivering action sequences that have proper rhythm and kinetic energy.

I was reminded of this while watching TDK. Nolan should just hand over the action scenes to another party.

eshine

The Man said:
Eshine, you know only too well that ultimately, as two distinct pieces of work, both films can and will be compared in terms of quality and entertainment value.
I suppose - but comparing a light, popcorn flick with a 50's B movie feel to a richly layered, dark and disturbing comic book film seems like an effort in futility - and as Agent SPALKO pointed out above, the movies aren't being compared so much as being pitted against each other as a trite means of ripping into Speilberg and Lucas because Skull has broken so many hearts around here.

If you want to comapre KOTCS to other similiar work that is being released, then Journey to the Center of the Earth and the new Mummy film are more fair game, hate to say.

Bvance

eshine said:
If you want to compare KOTCS to other similiar work that is being released, then Journey to the Center of the Earth and the new Mummy film are more fair game, hate to say.

Oh good, because it Kicks 'Journey to the Center of the Earth's' ass! :gun:

And while everyone points at how KOTCS rips off other movies,

After watching 'Journey to the Center of the Earth,': "Where have I see that Mine Cart scene before hmmmm...?" :confused:

eshine said:
If you want to comapre KOTCS to other similiar work that is being released, then Journey to the Center of the Earth and the new Mummy film are more fair game, hate to say.

You're absolutely right. KOTCS can't compare to the sheer epic quality of The Dark Knight so it's only fair to downgrade it to a class of substandard minor league fanfare like Journey to the Center of the Earth and The Mummy where it belongs.

HahAhAahHAhAHHAHhAHhHAhAhhAHAHAHAhHAhAHahAhaha

Raiders90

Agent Spalko said:
You're absolutely right. KOTCS can't compare to the sheer epic quality of The Dark Knight so it's only fair to downgrade it to a class of substandard minor league fanfare like Journey to the Center of the Earth and The Mummy where it belongs.

We know you like TDK, and aren't really an Indy fan. You've made that clear since you've gotten here. I'm sure AICN is paying you a hefty sum, but, come on, you've made your point here already, little TDK troll.

AICN? I've never even posted there before! You really are gullible to have fell for that!

I'm in line right now for my second screening of TDK! (y)

graz

Agent Spalko said:
AICN? I've never even posted there before! You really are gullible to have fell for that!

I'm in line right now for my second screening of TDK! (y)

What are you doing here then Spalko? Isn't there some Batman board you should be posting on since thats your bag??

The Man

graz said:
What are you doing here then Spalko? Isn't there some Batman board you should be posting on since thats your bag??

Of course! Why don't the Indy lovers invade The Dark Knight forums while the Skullf*ckers remain here, thus ensuring maximum exposure and critique for both films? Democracy. Justice. Peace. We owe it to a wartorn world...

The Man

graz said:
Have you been taking something? (if so, can I have some...(y) )

I've been on Valium since May 22. Along with the daily dosages and evening yoga, I'm returning to hope. And flexibility.

Mike00spy

graz said:

Nah, he just doesn't have a life and likes to use any old argument to hate on Indy. You see on a Batman board, he would blend in with all of the love, which means he can't stand out and get attention. Here, he can post 1500 negative, stupid, useless posts and get attention for it.

sandiegojones

Mike00spy said:
Nah, he just doesn't have a life and likes to use any old argument to hate on Indy. You see on a Batman board, he would blend in with all of the love, which means he can't stand out and get attention. Here, he can post 1500 negative, stupid, useless posts and get attention for it.
Bingo! :whip:

whipcracker666

Agent Spalko said:

What kind of drugs were you on when you saw TDK ? Because I had some good smack and the movie still killed my buzz.

Mike00spy said:

A month ago you were callling me a Mummy troll. If I had said Wall-E was a better film than Skull you'd all be calling me a Wall-E troll. It's funny how many numskulls tell me that they can't stand reading my posts yet they STILL do and follow me around the board giving me attention like that Raiders12345 dude. He just can't seem to get enough of me. You see, you're just a freak... like me! I need you just like you need me. You complete me!

HahAhAhAHAhahHAhAHAHaHAHaHAHAhAHHAHAHahAHAHAaHAhAH

080314_Ledger_Joker.jpg

Mike00spy

Agent Spalko said:
A month ago you were callling me a Mummy troll. If I had said Wall-E was a better film than Skull you'd all be calling me a Wall-E troll. It's funny how many numskulls tell me that they can't stand reading my posts yet they STILL do and follow me around the board giving me attention like that Raiders12345 dude. He just can't seem to get enough of me. You see, you're just a freak... like me! I need you just like you need me. You complete me!

HahAhAhAHAhahHAhAHAHaHAHaHAHAhAHHAHAHahAHAHAaHAhAH

080314_Ledger_Joker.jpg

Ok, I'll take the bait and give you a response. You're a troll. Not b/c of your opinion, but b/c of the pleasure you get for bashing a movie for over three months. I'm very sorry you didn't like Skull. Move on. You seem to like TDK. Good for you. Go to a Batman board and post 1600 messages in the next 3 months, basking in your sheer joy of the film. It's rather annoying to have you here using the movie as another excuse to bash Skull. But, we all know you are not going to go away yet; you need the attention that only 15 posts a day can give.

And as for following you around, it's kinda hard to ignore you since you post like every minute- check the post count between you and me. If I responded to EVERYTHING you said I'd have 1600 posts, too. However, I do admit I am giving you far too much of my time.

kongisking

Mike00spy said:
Ok, I'll take the bait and give you a response. You're a troll. Not b/c of your opinion, but b/c of the pleasure you get for bashing a movie for over three months. I'm very sorry you didn't like Skull. Move on. You seem to like TDK. Good for you. Go to a Batman board and post 1600 messages in the next 3 months, basking in your sheer joy of the film. It's rather annoying to have you here using the movie as another excuse to bash Skull. But, we all know you are not going to go away yet; you need the attention that only 15 posts a day can give.

And as for following you around, it's kinda hard to ignore you since you post like every minute- check the post count between you and me. If I responded to EVERYTHING you said I'd have 1600 posts, too. However, I do admit I am giving you far too much of my time.

Excellently said.

Mike00spy said:

God, you're a bloody tool.