He...?

The Man

The teaser for Crystal Skull reminded us that...

RAIDERS: HE PROTECTED THE POWER OF THE DIVINE

TEMPLE: HE SAVED THE CRADLE OF CIVILIZATION

CRUSADE: HE TRIUMPHED OVER THE ARMIES OF EVIL​

If a fifth movie was ever to surface and its trailer opened in the same manner, how would it best and succinctly describe Indy's achievements in the fourth adventure..?

DocWhiskey

CRUSADE: HE TRIUMPHED OVER THE ARMIES OF EVIL

CRYSTAL SKULL: HE REUNITED AN INTER DIMENSIONAL FORCE

Maybe? :confused:

The Golden Idol

CRUSADE: HE TRIUMPHED OVER THE ARMIES OF EVIL

CRYSTAL SKULL: HE SURVIVED A NUKE BY HIDING INSIDE A FRIDGE

How's that?

QBComics

Raiders: He Protected The Power Of The Divine

Temple: He Saved The Cradle Of Civilization

Crusade: He Triumphed Over The Armies Of Evil

Crystal Skull: He Discovered A Mystical City

The Man

HE PAID THE PRICE OF UNPROTECTED SEX

shia-labeouf-mug-shot.jpg

Crack that whip

I do think it wouldn't be terribly specific. Something I noticed way back when the teaser first appeared, almost a year ago, is that each of those three lines they use ("HE PROTECTED THE POWER OF THE DIVINE" / "HE SAVED THE CRADLE OF CIVILIZATION" / "HE TRIUMPHED OVER THE ARMIES OF EVIL") can actually fit any of the first three movies pretty well - each of the original three can be said to involve divine relics situated and sought somewhere in the cradle of civilization, both by Indy and/or his companions and by minions of armies of evil. They could even have used each of those... "sub-taglines"? - with a mix of footage from all three. The third could probably work for Crystal Skull, too, and with some modification the first two might also.

If they actually retained this approach for an Indy V teaser, I suspect they'd denote the fourth movie with some tagline that might fit one of the first three equally well (though of course I don't think they'd retain the approach for a fifth movie in the first place; the approach used here was about the return of a long-absent screen icon).

Darth Vile

The Man said:
The teaser for Crystal Skull reminded us that...

CRUSADE: HE TRIUMPHED OVER THE ARMIES OF EVIL​

If a fifth movie was ever to surface and its trailer opened in the same manner, how would it best and succinctly describe Indy's achievements in the fourth adventure..?

He discovered the attributes of a lead lined fridge

Forbidden Eye

While we're discussing the teaser...

How exactly did Indy "protect" the power of the divine? It was quite obvious at the end of Raiders, the power of God didn't exactly need protecting.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Officially I'd like something akin to this verse from Home on the Range (1876) that could be about cowboys or aliens:
How often at night, when the heavens were bright,
With the light of the twinkling stars
Have I stood here amazed, and asked as I gazed,
If their glory exceed that of ours.

Ford said, "He?s seen something. Remember those are the only witness to what he?s seen. That?s kind of interesting." HE SAW SOMETHING. That's accurate. At least it's not baloney like those other lines. The ark and the grail didn't need Jones's protection. He did save some Indian kids though.

RaideroftheArk

The Man said:
HE GLIMPSED A WORLD BEYOND THE SKIES*​

*Corny, huh...:p

I kind of like this one.

As many said before, it would probably be something very generic like:

(for full effect)
HE PROTECTED THE POWER OF THE DIVINE

HE SAVED THE CRADLE OF CIVILIZATION

HE TRIUMPHED OVER THE ARMIES OF EVIL

HE DISCOVERED THE UNIMAGINABLE

Udvarnoky

Forbidden Eye said:
While we're discussing the teaser...

How exactly did Indy "protect" the power of the divine? It was quite obvious at the end of Raiders, the power of God didn't exactly need protecting.

I didn't think it was as glaring as "He saved the cradle of civilization." I mean, did he really?