Indiana the Dog

AnnieJones

Indiana jones' dog(a mans best friend:D ) was first seen in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.Seen here
Indiana.jpg
and again in The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.Seen here
IndianaPup.jpg

I couldn't find a thread about the dog so I decided to make one.
He looks like he is either a Siberian Husky or an Alaskan Malamute,but I think he is a Siberian Husky.

Sallah:please,what does it always mean,this... this "Junior"?
Professor Henry Jones:That's his name.
[points to himself]
Professor Henry Jones:Henry Jones...
[points to Indy]
Professor Henry Jones: ...Junior.
Indiana Jones:I like "Indiana."
Professor Henry Jones:We named the *dog* Indiana.
Marcus Brody:May we go home now,please?
Sallah:The dog?
[starts laughing]
Sallah:You are named after the dog? HA HA HA...!
Indiana Jones:I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog.

The dog,Indiana,can be found on Indiana Jones Wiki here:http://indianajones.wikia.com/wiki/Indiana
But be careful,because Indiana Jones Wiki information isn't always accurate.

Last edited:

Stoo

Annie Jones said:
I couldn't find a thread about the dog so I decided to make one.
Not that easy to find but there are a few:

Indiana a Female?
indy's dog
Why did George Lucas name his dog Indiana?

The dog is also in many scenes at the beginning of "Curse of the Jackal/My First Adventure" but one part was cut from the DVD. You can see Indy handing off the dog to one of his friends before leaving on the world tour (although you can still hear young Henry yell from the car, "Take care of Indy!".) Check out Old Indy Chronicles - Part I (Extended) to see the missing bit.:)

AnnieJones

Stoo said:
The dog is also in many scenes at the beginning of "Curse of the Jackal/My First Adventure" but one part was cut from the DVD. You can see Indy handing off the dog to one of his friends before leaving on the world tour (although you can still hear young Henry yell from the car, "Take care of Indy!".) Check out Old Indy Chronicles - Part I (Extended) to see the missing bit.:)

I did see Old Indy Chronicles - Part I (Extended),but I guess I didn't notice that scene.I'll have to look later.Thanks for letting me know Stoo.:hat:

metalinvader

Heh...Some of my favorite moments from the TV series are the few scenes of Child Indy and Indy the dog playing.

But that's just the dog lover in me talking.;)

San Holo

Maybe Indy will get another Alaskan Malamute and name it Henry. I would love to see his sidekick in the next movie be his trusty dog;)

Junior Jones

San Holo said:
Maybe Indy will get another Alaskan Malamute and name it Henry. I would love to see his sidekick in the next movie be his trusty dog;)

Actually, in the Old Indy bookends he mentions Henry, his cat.

Stoo

metalinvader said:
Heh...Some of my favorite moments from the TV series are the few scenes of Child Indy and Indy the dog playing.
Me, too. The dog is in every scene and a true companion. I wonder how they ever got him down from the balloon trip "to the moon"? Slingshots, perhaps?:p
San Holo said:
Ah, yes. I really like that idea, San Holo.(y)
Junior Jones said:
Actually, in the Old Indy bookends he mentions Henry, his cat.
You beat me to it, Junior! Referred to in "Vienna" but mentioned by name in "Curse of the Jackal". Too bad we never get to see him/it.

AnnieJones

San Holo said:

Or a trusty dog,considering his died years earlier.