General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Raiders90

Agent Spalko said:
I never said I did. I wish that wasn't but Luca$ ****ed us on $tar War$ and he's going to again. If you don't like what I have to say there's always IGNORE. Guess you're too ignorant to figure out how to use that function though.

No, you're the ignorant one who judges a film before it's released simply because Lucas is involved. You hate Lucas and assume he's going to screw us on Indy simply because he's involved, and you try to get others to hate the film as well (for example, "menaced again" in every thread, or posting the Indy 5 news article in every thread that has nothing to do with that news bit) and you try and make it look like Lucas is writing, directing and starring in this movie. When in fact it is Spielberg is directing it, Koepp and Nathanson wrote it, and Ford is starring in it. It is only Lucas's story idea, just like the other three.

I trust Ford's judgement. If he wanted to star in just any crappy Indy movie, we would've had an Indy movie in the 90s. But we didn't because he and Spielberg wanted to hold out for the right script.

If Lucas were all about money, you do realize that there would've been many more Indy films by now, and that the Young Indy series would've been constant action, right? The guy's an artist, albeit a stubborn one.

Hey I just call it like I see it and everything I've seen so far indicates that it will be disappointing. I was all for more Indy films back in the 90's but George was too busy milking the $tar Bore$ cash cow and now that he's pretty much exhausted that he's turning to Indy to exploit for more cash.

Raiders90

Agent Spalko said:
Hey I just call it like I see it and everything I've seen so far indicates that it will be disappointing. I was all for more Indy films back in the 90's but George was too busy milking the $tar Bore$ cash cow and now that he's pretty much exhausted that he's turning to Indy to exploit for more cash.

Actually, Lucas was also for Indy in the early-mid '90s too, except his ideas were turned down by Ford and Spielberg because they wanted a good film to be made. So he turned his attention to Star Wars (you can call it milking the cash cow, but I think he wanted to just complete the story. He didn't do such a good job, but I just think Lucas made it for that reason)
If you truly think this film sucks, and aren't giving it a chance to gell out on the screen, why go see it? You've already made your mind up about it, and you know you hate it, so what's the point? Or is it so you can come back, enjoy youreself writing a negative review, and continue to try and bring everyone else down?

nitzsche

It's not bringing me down. The more and more he whines and complains, the happier I am that he's going to be miserable about this movie. I don't want him to like it. I want him to absolutely hate it. I want the entire franchise ruined for him and I want it to bother him for the rest of his life. It's awesome.

Raiders90

nitzsche said:
It's not bringing me down. The more and more he whines and complains, the happier I am that he's going to be miserable about this movie. I don't want him to like it. I want him to absolutely hate it. I want the entire franchise ruined for him and I want it to bother him for the rest of his life. It's awesome.

George? Is that you? Lol.

Raiders112390 said:
Actually, Lucas was also for Indy in the early-mid '90s too, except his ideas were turned down by Ford and Spielberg because they wanted a good film to be made. So he turned his attention to Star Wars (you can call it milking the cash cow, but I think he wanted to just complete the story. He didn't do such a good job, but I just think Lucas made it for that reason)
If you truly think this film sucks, and aren't giving it a chance to gell out on the screen, why go see it? You've already made your mind up about it, and you know you hate it, so what's the point? Or is it so you can come back, enjoy youreself writing a negative review, and continue to try and bring everyone else down?

Ford turned his nose at Lucas' Saucer Men From Mars script. He said he would never do Indy meets little green men. Lucas was stubborn and hired every hot screenwriter to make his idea work. It stuck. Lucas always gets his way because he's a greedy rich bastard. I will see it because I grew up with his original masterpieces but I'm not going to deny the fact that Lucas destroyed Star Wars and very likely could do the same to Indy, especially with Indy 5. I got Menaced once, never again.

Raiders90

Agent Spalko said:
Ford turned his nose at Lucas' Saucer Men From Mars script. He said he would never do Indy meets little green men. Lucas was stubborn and hired every hot screenwriter to make his idea work. It stuck. Lucas always gets his way because he's a greedy rich bastard. I will see it because I grew up with his original masterpieces but I'm not going to deny the fact that Lucas destroyed Star Wars and very likely could do the same to Indy, especially with Indy 5. I got Menaced once, never again.

As we've seen from the spoilers, Indy doesn't meet little green men and the alien element is hinted at, but never clearly said outright. It's done very Indy-like. If Lucas always got his way, Indiana Jones and the Saucermen from Mars would've been out in 1996. Ford must've liked Indy 4's script, or he would've said no. It's very easy to say "No, just forget it." Ford did it with Saucermen, as did Spielberg, and there was nothing holding them to making this movie. So they must've liked the script.
I wouldn't say he's greedy, he's just stubborn and is very spoiled, like a spoiled child. But not greedy.
There's no such thing as destroying a saga. The Indy movies will always good no matter how 4 or 5 is, nothing will change that. It's like the Bond movies. Some of the entries were very crappy but it doesn't change the classical nature of the originals.

kongisking

Oh, stop your whining, guys! This is AWESOME news!!!!!!!!! We've got one more coming! YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: And I don't give a damn if Mutt inherits the series or if No. 5 has Indy as just a supporter...it's still a Indiana Jones movie nonetheless!!!

Actually, now I think about it, I would prefer Indy 5 to be purely Indy one last time, THEN give Mutt his own franchise disconnected from Indy. I actually kinda agree with you folks now that replacing Indy in his own series is kind of a stupid idea. But it won't stop me from seeing it!

More Indy's on the way! YAY!

kongisking

Agent Spalko said:
I never said I did. I wish that wasn't but Luca$ ****ed us on $tar War$ and he's going to again. If you don't like what I have to say there's always IGNORE. Guess you're too ignorant to figure out how to use that function though.

All I can say is: CLINTON-HAMMOND HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p

Raiders112390 said:
As we've seen from the spoilers, Indy doesn't meet little green men and the alien element is hinted at, but never clearly said outright. It's done very Indy-like. If Lucas always got his way, Indiana Jones and the Saucermen from Mars would've been out in 1996. Ford must've liked Indy 4's script, or he would've said no. It's very easy to say "No, just forget it." Ford did it with Saucermen, as did Spielberg, and there was nothing holding them to making this movie. So they must've liked the script.
I wouldn't say he's greedy, he's just stubborn and is very spoiled, like a spoiled child. But not greedy.
There's no such thing as destroying a saga. The Indy movies will always good no matter how 4 or 5 is, nothing will change that. It's like the Bond movies. Some of the entries were very crappy but it doesn't change the classical nature of the originals.

It was Koepp that Indyfied the Saucer Men script to tone down Lucas' sci-fi. I still don't like what I've seen. He ruined Star Wars and the originals with his constant tinkering and he continues to do it to spite the fans who made those films successful and when I watch the originals they have been tarnished by the changes Lucas made. Now that I know how KOTCS ends, it has already altered how I view the original films, especially Raiders which is the best. I can never watch it again the same way knowing how things turn out in KOTCS. Lucas has tarnished that forever.

kongisking

ResidentAlien said:
*Gasp*

I'm so concerned. Because you and a few other *******s post a message saying you don't like me.

You're such an accurate cross-section for the bulk of society.

:rolleyes:

You really think you at all concern me... you don't. But keep reassuring yourself of your influence over my emotions. It must make you feel big to assume that your hatred has an effect over me.

You're just wasting your time. I find you amusing. I find you an overzealous, self-assured loser... but it doesn't bother me. There's a lot of your kind in the world. Always have and always will be. I can be mildly amused by it... but in the end of the day... you aren't even a blip in the radar of my thoughts.

Eh, I agree. Saying you hate a fellow poster won't make anyone intimidated. RA is right: You can't scare a guy just by saying, "I'm gonna blow your balls off!" Personally, I think all the people who have automatically branded "Indy 5 without Indy" as whiny little boogers who can't give a movie a chance before declaring their hatred for it. That's why movies like HULK and TRANSFORMERS are given a bad rap even though they turned out SO MUCH BETTER than we were expecting, and were not the crapfests we expected! Although I'm probably the only one who defends Hulk and Transformers on this site anymore...:( :( :(

So, "Indy 5 without Indy" might NOT be the proverbial "Crappy Sequel To End All Sequels," if we just give it a chance and try to have fun. I'm kinda mixed over this idea too, but at least I'm optimistic about it turning out right, instead of dooming it from the get-go. Agent Spalko should also learn this message. The Star Wars Prequels weren't nearly as terrible as many like to think; they just think that they suck because for decades us fans have been dreaming up our own versions so that when the TRUE thing comes to pass, we hate it for not being what WE wanted! It's Lucas' movies! It's Lucas' stories! It's Star Wars and Indiana Jones! Stop the bawling and THINK, for God's Sake! Stop damning every new sequel and whatnot just because it is different! Ugh...

kongisking

Raiders112390 said:
I too, think there should be a 5th, but with Harrison in the lead. Why not make more? Like George said, Harrison is looking better than he has in 20 years. There's plenty more MaGuffins that can be done, and he can have Shia as his sidekick, helping him out but FORD WOULD STILL BE THE STAR. Besides, if Mutt is his son, there needs to be more ground on that covered. Mutt definately would have some issues with his real father not being there for 20 years of his life.

Maybe in the 6th, Shia can start to have a larger role, and then have a spin off series (in which Ford doesn't appear and it's not called Indy) a few years later. But until then, it should be Ford first, Shia second.

EXACTLY. End of discussion!

Jr_1981

Agent Spalko said:
Now that I know how KOTCS ends, it has already altered how I view the original films, especially Raiders which is the best. I can never watch it again the same way knowing how things turn out in KOTCS. Lucas has tarnished that forever.

Really? Seriously? That's a bit over the top don't you think? I may not enjoy the prequel trilogy as much as the originals, but that doesnt stop me from enjoying them. Just because I think Lethal Weapon 4 is a terrible film doesnt ruin my enjoyment of the first.

I can't see how KOTCS, no matter how bad you view it, can tarnis you're opinion of Raiders. Perhaps if you explain it a bit more?

kongisking

tnswman said:
Who said that Harrison wants to do full on Indy in another movie and why not take the Connery role? What was wrong with that?

Right. Especially since Harry has already said, "I'm old enough to play my own father now..." :D :D :D

Salacious

Well from the recent MTV interviews on the stars, it seems that at least Shia is kind of aware about a possibility (as he is keeping his fingers crossed) of doing a spinoff series. :sick:

Wow. Obviously they can do whatever they want. I wont be supporting it.

I was planning on watching Indy at least twice (once with friends and once with family). I am just going to see it once now. I cant support Lucas and his insane ideas anymore.

By all means make a Mutt movie. Even if Indy is the sidekick, I wont be watching it. I'll download it off the net and have a few laughs at Shia's expense.

I dont mind Shia as an actor...I didnt mind him in Transformers or Disturbia...but man, he is NOT an action/adventure star. Sorry. Its the equivalent of watching Steve Urkel in an action movie. :hat:

Avilos

You all are such Drama Queens! Lucas just had an random thought of this idea. No serious discussions of this yet. No script. He admitted as such.

Kingsley

Remember, there is this "Indy 4" movie in theatres in barely 4 days... maybe we can watch it and discuss these things with clearer thoughts after that :hat:

nzlc

There no doubt in my mind they will make shia the lead and im all for it if harrison is and steven hey even lucas wouldnt be bad.As long as they dont refer it to indy 5 all the time