Can we get Indy around the globe ?

Stoo

Dr. Gonzo said:
...what if we started new Indy's adventure off in style
and send him to the one place he HAS NEVER BEEN...

SPACE
Gonzo-baby,

Myself & Crack that Whip had the same thought back in Nov. 2008 (more than 4 years before Felix Baumgartner jumped). Indy in SPACE! (y)

NickTurner already tried to send Mini-Indy into space (Feb 2012) but he didn't make it...and the photos have DISAPPEARED! :( (Who has copies of them?)

posts 857-872

inky_skin said:
Nice catch. Gives me some time to make arrangements and spotlight a few previous excursions.
Looking forward to the renewal.:)

Pale Horse

Staff member
As an amateur drone pilot, the closest thing I can offer is low atmosphere. Really Low.

Dare I fly the mini-guy over the Forbidden Temple?

Dr. Gonzo

Pale Horse said:
As an amateur drone pilot, the closest thing I can offer is low atmosphere. Really Low.

Dare I fly the mini-guy over the Forbidden Temple?

I can imagine you attempting to fly Mini-ana Jones over the most forbidden of places...
and in all of my imaginations senarios THE MOUSE STRIKES BACK swiftly and you end up like this...

laq0vl_4.jpg

inky_skin

Yeah, certainly the most "gonzo" plan I've heard on this thread - but I like it. However, for the transponder package (necessary for Indy's safe recovery) it is too cost-prohibitive. Perhaps a crowd funding exercise over the next couple of years culminating in a launch to promote the new movie in 2019 ?

Damn - never though to archive Nick's pictures. However, I do have the 'chute and flight log - both will be featured in an upcoming weekly spotlight.

Also, the replacement figure is now in hand. As a minimum, I'll be repainting the head. I'm also adding The Raven web address to the back of his shirt. Progress pics to be posted. Any other suggestions on how to make him unique ? Some kind of one-off stand ?

Stoo

inky_skin said:
I'm also adding The Raven web address to the back of his shirt. Progress pics to be posted. Any other suggestions on how to make him unique ? Some kind of one-off stand ?
Inky-baby, the Raven's web address on his shirt's back is a great idea! Since you're asking for suggestions, how about a necktie this time instead of a bow tie? Either that or scuff up Indy's knees & elbows. After 6 years, he's been wearing the same clothes.:eek:

Two weeks from now, I'll be in Berlin for the 3rd time. Oh, what photo opportunities abound there! ;)

Stoo

Return of The Drifter!

Transplanted from another thread (15 May 2016):
The Drifter said:
Bought part four yesterday along with the Nathan Drake Collection!

*I'm back! And I got a lot of explainin' to do about Mini Indy
THE MAIN QUESTION IS:
Do you still have the figure and, if so, are you going to put it in the mail? :confused: :gun: :whip:

Pale Horse

Staff member
inky_skin said:
Huh, and once again he's disappeared. No response to either thread or my PM.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/I1QF_GuGOGo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Finn

Staff member
I take it you guys have never been out hunting. Because your subtlety in approaching your "prey" brings to mind one fateful day in this china shop in Pamplona... no wonder the guy came into second thoughts.

inky_skin

Finn said:
I take it you guys have never been out hunting. Because your subtlety in approaching your "prey" brings to mind one fateful day in this china shop in Pamplona... no wonder the guy came into second thoughts.

Thanks for your perspective Finn, but after 2 years of being jerked around I've opten for the shotgun rather than the snare...:mad:

inky_skin

Apologies all for making you wait for an announcement, but after some careful consideration I've decided to call time on the project (or my involvement at least).

I'd like to thank all those who have participated and have collectively taken Indy to some amazing destinations.

If anyone else wants to continue the journey, you have my blessing - however, I'm done.

Bon courage !