The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford

San Holo

I caught an early viewing of it today and was very impressed. Pitt is nuts and makes a great Jesse James, but Casey Affleck is the star of the show. Go see this movie(y)

Joe Brody

I've got to join with San in recommending this film.

Be warned: the story intentionally unfolds at a slower pace, so it won't be for everyone. The casting was superb. Some scenes were staged as well as I have ever seen. It was a transporting film -- that pulled me (which is rare).

There was some artsy camera work and effects -- but heck it got nominated.

In answer to the question above, I liked 3:10 to Yuma (finally, a role where I actually like Christian Bale) -- but I'll take The Assassination. . . any day.

Johan

The shots in the city were not too far from my house...as for the movie itself...it is not what I originally thought it would be after seeing some of it filmed. It is definitely more artsy drama than a western action movie, but I was not disappointed it was a well told story and it was interesting.

No Ticket

I just watched this and I thought it was excellent. I liked 3:10 to Yuma better... but this was different but still very very good. I really felt like Pitt was actually losing it in those scenes. He's such a good actor.

San Holo

No Ticket said:
I just watched this and I thought it was excellent. I liked 3:10 to Yuma better... but this was different but still very very good. I really felt like Pitt was actually losing it in those scenes. He's such a good actor.
I agree, Yuma was more of a shoot 'em up..my kind of movie-but this is more of a character study. Casey Affleck's acting was really great, as was Sam Rockwell's.Pitt is one of the best out there.I loved the raw energy when he was whaling away on that kid, I really started feeling uncomfortable as he grabbed the ear:eek:- thought that 'lil dude was a goner.