Boarding Plane 12" Indiana Jones

JgonzalezNJ

Here's another custom of Indy in a suit, this suit is temporary because its not a double breasted one like in the film:
item

Here is the suit I want him to wear, it was a royal blue and I dyed it navy twice - so I'm going to give it a little black dye to darken it.
item

item

I'll post an updated photo when he's done, thanks for looking:gun:

Sorry, the photos did not come through - don't know why it didn't. Here's the link, just click through to see the double breasted suit photos.
http://gijoecollection.lenzus.com/cgi/item?15537335+71774986+0+36854943

Last edited:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
It seems that you're not posting the direct links to the photos, but rather just to the page on which they appear, and that's the problem.

JgonzalezNJ

Attila the Professor said:
It seems that you're not posting the direct links to the photos, but rather just to the page on which they appear, and that's the problem.

Thanks Attila for the reply, as you can see I did try the "Insert Image" icon and got those Xed out boxes so decided to add the link at the bottom - is that what you ment with "rather just to the page on which they appear"? Thanks again.

JgonzalezNJ

Thanks, the suit is from the Talking Donald Trump figure which is very cheap on eBay and the trenchcoat is from Disney's "Enchanted" Patrick Dempsey Ken doll.

JgonzalezNJ

Kevin said:
Sorry, by DB I meant double-breasted :eek: Where did you find the double-breasted suit?

:D Thought you ment Dark Blue, the double-breasted suit is from the Get Smart figure from SideShow toys. One of the sites I get loose pieces from had the jacket and pants.

JgonzalezNJ

Kevin said:
Sorry, by DB I meant double-breasted :eek: Where did you find the double-breasted suit?

Hey Kevin, just in case you are interested in looking for one I put 6 new buttons on the front and used the 4 buttons it came with for the sleeves.:whip:

JgonzalezNJ

Rocket Surgeon said:
No offence meant...but are you planning on making the suit darker?

It's sort of flashy as is...

No offence my friend, he's wearing this suit in the mean time. I tried dying it navy when it was a royal blue so now I'm in the process of using some black dye on it to darken it like this one:
s_89784986.jpg

JgonzalezNJ said:
No offence my friend, he's wearing this suit in the mean time. I tried dying it navy when it was a royal blue so now I'm in the process of using some black dye on it to darken it like this one:
s_89784986.jpg

Cool...that other one makes him look like a pimp! Good luck...!

JgonzalezNJ

Pan Am Indiana Jones

He is now complete and here's the breakdown:
-Hasbro Indiana Jones head with Super-Articulated body
-Hat was spray-painted grey and then flat black
-Donald Trump white dress shirt
-Project-ARE tie
-SS Get Smart suit dyed navy and buttons replaced
-Donald Trump shoes attached above the ankles
-Trench Coat from Disney's Enchanted Patrick Dempsey
-LIFE mag from Hasbro GI Joe
-Suitcase is from a manicure set

s_59784491.jpg

s_36554532.jpg

s_19964576.jpg

Billy Ray

Another great custom! One thing to note, those shoes might work better for your Henry Sr, if painted brown, than the Indy boots. The suitcase idea is brilliant! I wouldn't have known it was from a manicure kit.

JgonzalezNJ

Thanks Billy Ray,
I did think of that, I based all the colors on the Senior off of the 3.34" figure but I did notice that his shoes looked black in the movie. I did have a spare set of Indy boots and I do have a set of black weathered shoes he had on first when I started him, I may want to revisit that and post a picture for your opinion.;)

Centerfield

Hi
I am interested in doing a 3-3/4 version of Indy boarding the Pan Am clipper (or is it a Short Solent?)

besides getting the right 1/18 scale plane (and I have been looking), not sure what to do about the suit, hat, etc.

are there retailers of 1/18 scale clothing or am I looking at some of my own tailoring work for this?

hemble

Mate great use of different parts the figure came together fantastic, keep up the great work.

And Centerfield as for a 1/18 clipper and anything that comes close I don;t think you'll find anything mate. You might have to scratch build it, also you can get some great 1/18 figures now wearing suits so try lookin for them first.

Ron