Lost Indy Wave at Comic-Con 2011

Billy Ray

inky_skin said:
Outstanding idea Billy Ray. As a father of two young girls, I'd never considered the fodder possibilities of raiding their toy boxes...until now !

Yeah. As many times as I have had to pick up and/or search for all those tiny shoes, I'm surprised it took me this long to think of it

Nurhachi1991

Billy Ray said:
I get the feeling that you aren't a big fan of Comic Con...;)

As long as it allows us to get our hands on the "Lost Wave", I thoroughly LOVE Comic Con!

On the contrary I love Comic Con I just hate the fact that within the last two years the tickets have been harder to aquire than the headpiece to the staff of Ra.... and to make matters worse the two years I went the exclusives sucked! :p

Billy Ray

Ah, I see. I get what you are saying about it being "mainstream" too, but I think that probably has a lot to do with the popularity of Superhero based movies etc in recent years. It seems to be more of an all encompassing "Geek Con" more than a "comic" con nowadays. More about cosplay, video games, movies, anime, toys, etc and less and less about comic themselves. Not that I have ever been, so I can't really speak from experience, but when Entertaiment Tonight and shows like that start covering Comic Con, it kind of makes you wonder. But, like I said, as long as it puts the "Lost" Indy wave on my shelf, I am happy.

SDCC or the Hollywood whore-out of the geek spectrum.
It's all one big crummy commercial. Being a geek isnt cool, its marketable. Don't let them let you think otherwise. Up yours, G4!(n)

FETT1

inky_skin said:
There have been no official pictures of the set. Stephen Hayford, although a "tame" customiser employed by Lucasfilm, shared images of the loose figures he acquired as part of his gig. While I can confirm that they match the prototype set in my possession, they do not necessarily represent what will be available at SDCC (what's the old line..."actual product may vary"?). I'm still suspicious of the "ultimate Indy" figure. Its appearance contradicts what's been said via Hasbro channels, and Shayford is a customiser after all. Until shots come Hasbro directly, take everything seen in this thread with a pinch of salt...

...oh, and can we please tone down the font ? It's making my eyes bleed like Tohts...:dead:

EDIT: Been thinking about the "1 shoe" issue with Marion. Time to start grabbing those peg-warming Yarna figures from the Star Wars line...
SOUNDS GOOD AND SORRY about the fonts...hoping to get this set !!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Billy Ray

So yesterday Hasbro apparently sent out official photos of their SDCC exclusives...Star Wars, GI-Joe, Transformers, Marvel, Mini Muggs, even My Little Pony. Guess what they didn't send out photos of?

Nurhachi1991

Billy Ray said:
So yesterday Hasbro apparently sent out official photos of their SDCC exclusives...Star Wars, GI-Joe, Transformers, Marvel, Mini Muggs, even My Little Pony. Guess what they didn't send out photos of?

Sounds about right :p

Billy Ray

Yeah, I'm not panicking either, I'm sure they are still gonna release them, as announced. It just ticks me off that they didn't see fit to send out official photos of the set with everything else they sent out...I mean, My Liittle Pony??? C'mon!

Inky received the e-mail from Hasbro PR dept and asked them about the lack of Indy photos...hopefully we hear something soon.

indyclone25

c'mon , hasbro has to know that the indy fans are wanting these figures real bad! i mean did the line do that bad in sales , that they don't really want to be bothered with remaining figures? (n)

inky_skin

Billy Ray said:
Inky received the e-mail from Hasbro PR dept and asked them about the lack of Indy photos...hopefully we hear something soon.

Nothing from them yet. However, the contact at Hunter PR is Danny Palenstine (dpalestine@hunterpr.com). I'm sure he'd be glad to hear from you all :) Alternatively, it appears that Derryl DePriest has a Facebook account (unsuprisingly he's ignoring my requests to "friend" him) - as the only one to speak "officially" regarding this set, I'm sure we should probably be petitioning him for details as well...

michael

These look really impressive, loving the new Raiders Indy.

Would love to get my hands on this set.

Thanks for the update, Inky.

Billy Ray

These reall look like typical Hasbro painted proto shots, like many of the Star Wars ones. I'm sure the final product will be much closer to what Shayford has in hand. Weird no mention (or images) of the tarantula "shawl" with Satipo or the pistol with the German Mechanic.

Regardless, I am stoked to finally get something official on this set and the pricing is just right! Now if they would confirm availability on HTS after the show...

Oh, and that stand with Indy is KILLER!

360650_Indiana_Jones_scaled_800.jpg

40656_Indy_german_outfit_scaled_800.jpg

40657_Marion_scaled_800.jpg

40658_german_mechanic_1_scaled_800.jpg

40658_german_mechanic_2.jpg

40659_toht_1_scaled_800.jpg

40659_toht_2.jpg

484860_Satipo_1_scaled_800.jpg

Last edited:

NickTurner

Yah there some really funky joints going on there, and Indy-with-bazooka looks like a photoshopped face!

Still I'm stoked to be getting the figs and if the price is as shown I think that's pretty OK too considering current retail prices. I think I want 2 sets for the Toht! (3 really but hard to justify :) )

Billy Ray said:
These reall look like typical Hasbro painted proto shots, like many of the Star Wars ones. I'm sure the final product will be much closer to what Shayford has in hand. Weird no mention (or images) of the tarantula "shawl" with Satipo or the pistol with the German Mechanic.

Regardless, I am stoked to finally get something official on this set and the pricing is just right! Now if they would confirm availability on HTS after the show...

Confirmed. Press release says HasbroToyShop and SDCC.

Billy Ray

Oh man, you are right Les! For some reason I read that as " Available through HasbroToyShop Booth # 3329 at San Diego Comic-Con". Didn't see the comma or the ".com".