So... what do you think of the full soundtrack?

Pup n Taco

I'm guessing if it's anything it's the "Spell of the Skull" track -- the one with the Ark of the Covenant motif at the beginning.

Professor Jones

What Truck? said:
I've been listening to the album all morning while working on a research project - nothing like a little Raiders Theme to get those creative juices flowing!

Anyway, I believe there may be a Russian Theme present in the movie which is not featured fully on the soundtrack. For support of this theory, please listen to the Finale track from 3:55 - 4:52. The theme should be especially evident from 4:46 - 4:52. As we all know, the end credits music gives John Williams the opportunity to recap the major musical themes of the film, and this segment is the only portion of the finale with no definite correlation elsewhere in the score.

I'm thinking that the action music for the Hangar 51 sequence has been purposely omitted from the soundtrack, and may center around this theme. For further reference, the leitmotif can also be heard near the end of Irina's Theme as well as scattered throughout The Spell of the Skull and Ants!

Sounds great to me!

My thoughts exactly!:whip:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
This is just to say

I have read
the thread
that was at
the Raven

and which
you were probably
worried
about its legality

Don't mind me
it was acceptable
so fascinating
and so discrete

mdww

ok, for those of you who know the show, does any one else keep thinking of Last Of The Summer Wine when listening to Irina's Theme??????!!

Spriggan Jones

What Truck? said:
And speaking of which, does anyone else think that brass solo near the end of Irina's theme could actually be the Russian villain leitmotif? It makes several reappearances on the album, especially in the action cue Ants!

It's Dovchenko's Theme.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Now that I finally got the soundtrack, I would just like to say that I quite liked it. "Journey to Akator" is easily my favourites beside "Finale" for obvious reasons, "Adventures of Mutt" and "Ants!" Most of the soundtrack was a reminder of the stuff Williams' did for Episode 3. When I heard the last time "Raider's March" is played in the "finale" it is played out as if this is the final film.

eroc

The Finale may be my favorite piece!:D

Anybody else hear Peter and the Wolf intro on The Jungle Chase?

then again @ 1:37....and @ 1:56 a quick Imperial March

Last edited:

eroc

Violet Indy said:
. When I heard the last time "Raider's March" is played in the "finale" it is played out as if this is the final film.

I agree. All the horns. it sounds wonderful though.

Dr Jones

Soundtrack out tomorrow in the UK!

Hurrah!

Can't WAIT to get this on and hear the return of Indiana Jones rather than just read it!

:hat:

WeAreGoingToDie

Just picked up the soundtrack at Target! I actually had to ask them where it was, turns out they never put it on display. I was surprised to see the paper sleeve, but it looks great and is good for the environment. Win-win!

Listening to the soundtrack as I work, Raiders track sounds great but what I really want to get to is the new stuff...track 2 is starting! WOO!

ps- I also noticed the trilogy SE DVD's were only $10! Cheap, eh? (y)

metalinvader

I just started listening to it.Gotta say,I absolutely love it.I can't wait to see how it plays out in the actual film.

Dr. Gonzo

Listening as we speak. Orellana's cradle definately uses that wierd electronic instrument people were bugged about, I thought it worked. Surprised by the journey to akator crazy ass latin ending. Tell you what I think in summation after I'm done.. on grave robbers right now.

rowerguy7

love finale.... the raiders march at the end with the dueling horns.....AWESOME. its a nice new spin on a classic theme.

Darth Vile

The "dueling horns" is actually where it brings the Mutt's theme in for the very end. Even if Indy doesn't actually hand his hat over in the movie, there appears to be a handover of music...

Skipper

I know some people think Williams can't compose a catchy tune anymore, but I really think movie scores are just different nowadays. A full-blown orchestral theme in the midst of action is just sort of old-fashioned. Movies in the '50s would have full-blown overtures, and we certainly don't see that anymore.

I haven't heard KOTCS yet, but I thought Williams' scores for the Star Wars prequels were outstanding, even if they didn't feature the "catchy tunes" of the original trilogy.