Absence of "Toht" Action Figure

Bowie Fett

Surprisingly, he is missing from the newly released figures and the upcoming wave. I thought he would be the biggest seller...does anyone know if his figure is planned?

:whip:

metalinvader

Yeah,I was a bit disapointed to find out he wasn't planned for the first wave.He's going to be one hell of a figure.I bet Hasbro will give him an alternate hand with headpiece burn.(y)

Billy Ray

Yup, from Jedi Defender's Hasbro Q&A 02/01.08:

And our monthly Indy question - Toht. We've seen the new figures for Indy, Sallah, Belloq, Marion, and the rest of the Raiders gang, but no sign of Toht yet. Can we expect to see the creepy man in black in 2008? (JD, 02/01/08)

Not in 2008; we just couldn't fit him in. Hold tight for news on him, and some others, further down the road.

Vance

Keep in mind that, for Hasbro, that likely means the November 2008 release wave. So, it may be a painful wait, but not too painful. I also imagine that Hasbro's going to milk this franchise heavily for this year and next, while the movie and DVD/BD release is still fresh in the public conscious.

(Granted, a BD release of the original trilogy in 2009 would keep the market for the license going another year as well... hmm... it's almost like they planned all this that way...)

MightyMegs

I didn't want to wait, so I made my own... he...he he he...

100_6508.jpg

Goonie

metalinvader said:
Yeah,I was a bit disapointed to find out he wasn't planned for the first wave.He's going to be one hell of a figure.I bet Hasbro will give him an alternate hand with headpiece burn.(y)

He better come with an interchangeable head, one normal and the other melted.:cool: and with his coat hanger!

bonoferox

face melting would be hard on a 3" ( i have a feeling you were kidding, though ;))

They could give him the droopy jaw / bug-eye action feature like they gave to the Ghostbusters figures back in the day. He'd have to be bout 5" tall for it to work, though.....

The Golden Idol

bonoferox said:
face melting would be hard on a 3" ( i have a feeling you were kidding, though ;))

They could give him the droopy jaw / bug-eye action feature like they gave to the Ghostbusters figures back in the day. He'd have to be bout 5" tall for it to work, though.....

I'd prefer an included switchable "melted" head.

Dr.Sartorius

Bowie Fett said:
Surprisingly, he is missing from the newly released figures and the upcoming wave. I thought he would be the biggest seller...does anyone know if his figure is planned?

:whip:

This thread title is deceiving to say the least. :rolleyes:

Michael24

Indy's Fist said:
I love Toht! He needs an action figure, hell he was the Darth Vader of Raiders!

If Bob the Goon from Batman 1989 can get his own action figure, any character can. :D

Marion Fan

Yeah Toht MUST have a melting face alternate head. I would still buy it w/out that feature but to get everyone to buy it Hasbro would be dumb not to jump all over that. Same with the Dietrich or whatever that character's name is?

ChromiumBlue37

Good news about Toht!

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=262&itemid=13001

Indiana Jones Q&A With Hasbro
by Jay in Indiana Jones at 10:24 AM on 2008.05.24
ShareThis» Search Ebay

With "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" opening in theaters this weekend, the folks who work on the new Indiana Jone toy line at Hasbro have agreed to do a special Q&A session with us here at TNI in regards to their new toy line hitting shelves now.

TNI: Will we get a Toht figure in the 3 3/4" line, and what are the chances of getting a veriant with a burned off face?

Hasbro: There will be a Toht coming in 2009. You will just have to wait and see whether he has a very cool bonus head in pack..we wouldn't want to ruin any potential surprise. ; )

TNI: Indiana Jones tends to have a lot of religious and political references (i.e., a lot of characters based on members from the Nazi party). For a toy line geared to kids and collectors alike, how difficult has it been to deal with these issues and yet stay true to what these movies are about. I believe it's been said there is not much chance of seeing a Hitler figure in this line yet we have Nazi soldiers. Where do you draw the line, and how do you draw the line for what's appropriate and what's not for a toy line like this?

Hasbro: The figures we have produced are German army figures, which do not necessarily mean that they are Nazis. We will not produce Nazi figures and have removed all political party affiliations and insignia from the uniforms. We can also confirm that there is zero chance of there ever being a Hitler figure in the line - we just would not go there.

TNI: We asked this question awhile back in one of the SW Q&A's but were wondering if there has been any more thought about it. Any chance of seeing some type of Harrison Ford collector pack featuring a Han Solo and Indiana Jones?

Hasbro: We have thought about that, but don't have any plans right now.

tnswman

I think Hasbro has made it VERY clear now that they are going to make every possible figure.. However, It will be done SLOWLY..6-7 figures at a time..which is PERFECT to give this line legs and allow for new Expanded universe stories as well as the production of Indy 5 to vamp up ( which we all know they will do )