Apocalypse Now Fans?

brandonew.jpg

Deckard

This movie is alot of the reason I became a helicopter pilot.

RocketSledFight said:
I would love a poster of that image.

Not the same but close. 4x6 ft Original British Quad from Redux. Cost me a few dollars but I love it.

0146-1.jpg

Deckard

One of the best trailers ever.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0qnfbekbSa0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0qnfbekbSa0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Man

I still haven't seen the Redux version. This movie will be eye-ball heaven when it launches on Blu-Ray...

muttjones

Acropolis Now fans?:p

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_1QUFEnu0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_1QUFEnu0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I only reference this because my friend's parents were in this (guy with glasses in video)

(I've never seen this show in my life)

phantom train

AN is a superb film. My best memory of this movie would have to be seeing the "Redux" version in the theatre in Fall 2001 (twice). Though I had seen the film before on VHS tape, seeing it on the big screen was an incredible experience. I'm glad that they extended the film and made it three hours long - though that doesn't work for all movies, this expanded edition really enhanced an already perfect film.

The Man

Empire magazine ran an article a while back about the mythical five-hour cut. Fascinating...

michael

In my top 5, and my favorite war movie. Seeing it for the first time was absolutely surreal. The score might have helped that, absolutely stunning. The movie is perfect in my opinion.

Apparently there is a 289 minute bootleg version in existence, that would be incredible to see.

Montana Smith

The finest film about the insanity of war ever made?

It feels that way after having just watched Apocalypse Now Redux.

Though I do come to this film with a bias. I was an instant fan of Conrad's Heart of Darkness, which felt like the greatest novella ever written.

The battle between civilization and savagery, sanity and madness, in which the lines and sides are blurred, and the protective surface is thin enough to fall through at any moment. Stay on the boat or test oneself against the darkness.

The film ends before Willard returns to 'civilization'. But does he, like Marlow, protect Kurtz' loved ones from the truth? Does he protect those he encounters from the brutal knowledge? Does he even preserve his own sanity? Or end up like the characters in The Deer Hunter?

The film, even at 3 hours and 14 minutes, is compelling throughout.

Dr. Gonzo

Montana Smith said:
The finest film about the insanity of war ever made?

It feels that way after having just watched Apocalypse Now Redux.

Though I do come to this film with a bias. I was an instant fan of Conrad's Heart of Darkness, which felt like the greatest novella ever written.

The battle between civilization and savagery, sanity and madness, in which the lines and sides are blurred, and the protective surface is thin enough to fall through at any moment. Stay on the boat or test oneself against the darkness.

The film ends before Willard returns to 'civilization'. But does he, like Marlow, protect Kurtz' loved ones from the truth? Does he protect those he encounters from the brutal knowledge? Does he even preserve his own sanity? Or end up like the characters in The Deer Hunter?

The film, even at 3 hours and 14 minutes, is compelling throughout.
tumblr_luwbs6g2rF1qbwvhpo1_500.gif