No one wants to play Sega with Harrison Ford

chr0n0naut

One of my workmate's recently discovered this picture. It was for an "I am 8-bit" art exhibit or something.

I was wondering if anyone knew the reasoning/message behind this picture. I have no idea how this relates to Harrison Ford. :confused:

harisonfordsega.jpg

James

I saw this a few months before Indy 4 and thought it was hilarious. It was done back in 2006 by an artist named Brandon Bird. Apparently, the point of the exhibit was to showcase artwork inspired by classic videogames. I have no idea why he included Harrison Ford, though- other than the actor's status as an 80's icon.

Of course, you could always email him about it via his website: http://www.brandonbird.com

WeAreGoingToDie

I'd play Master System with Mr. Ford! We could play Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade followed by Star Wars!

257dc06bc1565fe715fa40567ab87c2f.jpg

It seems that there are other versions of the painting:

ford_tropical_skittles.jpg

no-one-wants-to-play-sega-with-harrison-ford.jpg

DocWhiskey

Ah, yes. I love this painting. I laughed for quite some time. Brandon Bird is a very, um, "different" artist. His work is strangely funny and sometimes creepy, especially his Ed Norton and Chris Walken works.

YouNeverKnow

DocWhiskey said:
Ah, yes. I love this painting. I laughed for quite some time. Brandon Bird is a very, um, "different" artist. His work is strangely funny and sometimes creepy, especially his Ed Norton and Chris Walken works.

Boy you aren't kidding. I lol'ed at quite a few of the works on his site, but I have to say I really admire his style. My favorites: The James Woods ones and Mr. T against the Greek Mythos series. :p

The Drifter

Well, I bet Harrison Ford sucks at Shaq Fu and Micheal Jackson's Moonwalker. So, I would not wanna play with him either!
Also, I love all the red and milky zits on the blue beanbag kid's face.