Indiana Jones 5: July 19, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pale Horse

Staff member
giphy.gif

Good to be back, so psyched about the news of Indy 5. With George out of the way I think we will see a great film, although I am still worried of the screen writer since he also wrote Crystal Skull. :whip: I have a feeling Indy is going to pass the hat and whip to a younger prodigy at the end of the film. If they stay with the time line Crystal Skull will be over ten years old when we get the new film, so it would take place in the 60's. I hope they stick with this time line.(y)

Stoo

ninepinejones said:
With George out of the way I think we will see a great film,
DoomsdayFAN said:
Thank God no George Lucas!
Lambonius said:
Please, Disney, keep George Lucas as far away from this as possible.
Jesus Christ. Do you guys dislike your mother, too? :rolleyes: Lucas created our beloved character...and he is not to blame for most of the bad aspects of "Skull" so your comments are absurd. Maybe you want to see Indy 5 featuring MORE of Spielberg's goofy ideas (especially those that George rejected for being too silly)? :confused:

Keep in mind that there are Disney executives at the helm now and this does not bode well for a "great" Indiana Jones film. Expect a watered-down, 'Indy-light' movie that every little girl around the world can enjoy.

Paraphrasing Lambonius' post: "Please, George Lucas, keep Disney as far away from this as possible."

JD2008

Stoo said:
Jesus Christ. Do you guys dislike your mother, too? :rolleyes: Lucas created our beloved character...and he is not to blame for most of the bad aspects of "Skull" so your comments are absurd. Maybe you want to see Indy 5 featuring MORE of Spielberg's goofy ideas (especially those that George rejected for being too silly)? :confused:

Keep in mind that there are Disney executives at the helm now and this does not bode well for a "great" Indiana Jones film. Expect a watered-down, 'Indy-light' movie that every little girl around the world can enjoy.

Paraphrasing Lambonius' post: "Please, George Lucas, keep Disney as far away from this as possible."

I don't think Disney will ruin it, by watering it down. Last Crusade and KOTC were PG-13, and Disney has been involved in PG-13 productions (Interestingly, Temple of Doom was rated PG.... perhaps rating system has changed since then).

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Stoo said:

Yep. Never forget that it was Spielberg's whose first thought on hearing George's suggestion that the hero carries a bullwhip is that he can whip the other guy's pants to make them fall down.

Without Lucas, I'd suspect that the mythological side of the story will suffer.

IAdventurer01

JD2008 said:
Interestingly, Temple of Doom was rated PG.... perhaps rating system has changed since then.

The PG-13 rating was created in no small part due to Temple of Doom itself, I believe.

Attila the Professor said:
Without Lucas, I'd suspect that the mythological side of the story will suffer.

Maybe yes, maybe no. Spielberg will certainly offer ideas (some good, some bad) and competently direct the film. I'd like to think whoever else Disney puts on the team understands the series well enough to dial back some of those dumber ideas and help Indy maintain some of his gravitas.

Wilhelm

EMPIRE magazine JULY 2016:

"(Steven Spielberg) shows us videos of the BFG's recording session on his iPhone, looks forward to INDIANA JONES V: "We have a McGuffin, that's all I can say".

Silvor

Wilhelm said:
EMPIRE magazine JULY 2016:

"(Steven Spielberg) shows us videos of the BFG's recording session on his iPhone, looks forward to INDIANA JONES V: "We have a McGuffin, that's all I can say".
Thanks for the update, not much but sounds good that Spielberg is excited :)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Empire issue here, that's the whole quote.

Also just found this from October:
Chris Pratt: "It's a rumor. I haven't heard anything about it other than what's been online. So I don't know."
Q: "Well, hurry up Spielberg!"
Chris Pratt: "Yeah! Please! It really is just a rumor. I don't know. Well, probably. It'll probably be me."

Last edited:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
curmudgeon said:
What exactly constitutes confirmation bias in that statement?

Not to put word's straight into the Horse's mouth, but excitement isn't a sure thing as written. Even "looks forward" doesn't necessarily imply anything other than temporal position; Indy V is literally something that's going to happen in the future.

Silvor

Pale Horse said:
Confirmation bias hard at work.
The negativity from some posters in here never ceases to amaze me.
From the cambridge dictionary:
"look forward to - to feel pleased and excited about something that is going to happen: "

Pale Horse

Staff member
Spielberg never says A) he's excited or B) that he's looking forward...

Journalism is dying.

Yes, the movie is happening. I was wrong about that. But damnit if every sound bite from here on out won't be spun into some wunderlust of nirvana. Didn't we learn from the last one ?

Z dweller

Pale Horse said:
Didn't we learn from the last one ?
Ah, but some on here liked it, Horsie, and are exceedingly vocal about it. :p

I'm definitely not one of them, in fact I'd be much happier if neither Spielberg or Ford were involved at all with the next movie, and have toned down my expectations accordingly.

But make no mistake, Disney are in this for the long run, which means future movies will be set in the 1920s and 30s with a younger actor wearing the fedora and looking for fortune and glory. Back to Indy's roots.

And that, my friend, is definitely something to look forward to. (y)

Pale Horse

Staff member
Z dweller said:
And that, my friend, is definitely something to look forward to. (y)

With experience comes wisdom. I agree.

But as Indy says, "...archaeology is the search for facts, not truth."

I merely contend that when we post updates to Indy V, we should post facts, not speculation or laudative assumptions.

Or create a separate thread about "feelings" on Indy V.

Joe Brody

Pale Horse said:
I merely contend that when we post updates to Indy V, we should post facts, not speculation or laudative assumptions.

Do you mean we shouldn't do things like this:

Based on this photo I think Shia has found his mojo and Mutt will be back in Indy V bigger and better than ever!!!

shia-backpack-nola-2.jpg

Taken from the pages of GQ no less (click link to read GQ's snarky comments on the red circled items).

Status
Not open for further replies.