Difference between film and written versions?

Dayne

Just wondering cause I've never looked through the actual novelization of the film or the comic book version, but is there any differences between them and the movie, such as added/altered deaths, added or extended plot points or action sequences? I know many film-to-novel adaptations do stuff like that, because they are usually completed before the film is finally edited. Any news anyone?

Thanks

Young Indy

Yeah there are many little differences. In the comic when the saucer comes up from the temple it's more of a energy ball then a saucer. The film version is way better. Almost done reading the book and one of the many little things I noitced is they work in the "Alien metal" that you fold but then it reverts to its previous shape. The novel has a different begginning with Indy and Mac in Mexico where the Russians capture them. It also has small chapter before that with conquistadors in Peru that is awesome. I recommend the book.

jonesissparrow

One thing I did notice that was NOT included in the film was when Indy gaze into the skull his eyes bled this was found in the comic and in the novel and when I saw this I was bracing myself in that scene because that was just disturbing! Lucky for me it was not included in the scene

QBComics

jonesissparrow said:
One thing I did notice that was NOT included in the film was when Indy gaze into the skull his eyes bled this was found in the comic and in the novel and when I saw this I was bracing myself in that scene because that was just disturbing! Lucky for me it was not included in the scene
I actually wanted to see this happen... :( Ah, well. That and the whip in the cementary. (mabey Speilberg could give us a treat and add it in. That'd be nice and awesome.)