100 Greatest Quotes From Fundamentalist Christian Chat Rooms

AngieAki

http://duggmirror.com/comedy/100_Greatest_Quotes_from_fundamentalist_christian_chat_rooms/

Most of these make me want to cry because either they are so sad or stupid that I don't know what to do but.

Even more so this one:

"Just recently my son Bobby came out to me. I had been worried for awhile. His teachers said most of his grades were slipping and he seemed depressed and withdrawn.

Bobby said he'd been hiding it for awhile because he was afraid I would reject him. I sat him down and told him that I loved him and that God loved him, but that his salvation was in danger if he did not resist his unnatural tempations. I told him how being gay would mean he would live a shorter life, and that if he couldnt change his orientation he could be celibate like most the ex-gays are. He started crying saying something along the lines of "I knew you wouldnt understand! You're just like everyone else!" before running to his room and slamming the door.

What did I do wrong? I dont want to lose my son, but I fear I already have. I talked it over with his therapist, who had the ludicrous idea that homosexuality was unchangable and that trying to repress could lead to lots of psychological damage (I've dropped him and will try to be finding another therapist with more moral beliefs). I wouldnt be surprised if he's the one who's feeding my son all the homosexual propaganda about how its 'ok' to be gay. That, or how homosexuality has engulfed the media, making it seem 'cool' and 'hip' and how they were just another oppressed minority. You didnt have to worry about seeing two men making out on tv at my age! I dont want to sound like a fanatic, but Im worried what other effects will come out of this increasingly secular, immoral society obsessed with filth.

Am I too late? Or is it possible to save my son

[Note: the boy eventually took his own life.] "

I hope this one (and ones like it) are lies...

Joe Brody

Quick heads-up, over the years I've noticed that there is a sizeable Christian contingent here at the Raider and in the Indiana Jones fanbase. Having two-out-of-three Indiana Jones films deal with Christian/Bibical objects, has led to Indiana Jones being accepted in the Christian community -- which is a big deal for kids in those communities because they don't always get to mix in with what's happening in the mainstream (I remember seeing the same thing at U2 concerts back in the '80's).

I'm far, far from being religious. I just try to respect them and not stir up any trouble.

Joe Brody said:
Quick heads-up, over the years I've noticed that there is a sizeable Christian contingent here at the Raider and in the Indiana Jones fanbase. Having two-out-of-three Indiana Jones films deal with Christian/Bibical objects, has led to Indiana Jones being accepted in the Christian community -- which is a big deal for kids in those communities because they don't always get to mix in the what's happening in the mainstream (I remember seeing the same thing at U2 concerts back in the '80's).

I'm far, far from being religious. I just try to respect them and not stir up any trouble.

Sure, nothing wrong with respect. It's something I've advocated strongly in the other religious thread on the board.

The purpose of this topic though is merely to have a chuckle at some far-out, bigoted absurdities, not to laugh at religion itself.

sarah navarro

ResidentAlien said:
Sure, nothing wrong with respect. It's something I've advocated strongly in the other religious thread on the board.

The purpose of this topic though is merely to have a chuckle at some far-out, bigoted absurdities, not to laugh at religion itself.
i guess so ,i liked the one you posted first Residentalien,it was true.

sarah navarro said:
i guess so ,i liked the one you posted first Residentalien,it was true.

Wait, which? My post in the religion thread or the thing about Evolution being summed up in 3 words (that was really 4...)?

sarah navarro said:
No it was the evolution one(the only one posted here)yah i hate how extremely relious poeple think :rolleyes: im up for any ideas theres no reason to be narrow minded,especially because im not religious so i have no actual drilled into my brain thought on God or anything.

...my brain hurts.

Maybe it's just sleep deprivation but... what? I'm really confused...

Mickiana

Truth cannot be contained in any words, though words may 'hint' at the truth by carrying across the meaning of 'what is not'. Only words can describe other words. The truth is a pathless land and we all have to wander there eventually. To criticise other peoples' beliefs while we have our own beliefs is to be prejudiced. To hate bigotry is to be a bigot. To kill the person you must become the monster. To discuss means you have to be willing to listen to and accept other peoples' views without denying them in the least their right to their views. Love and truth are synonymous. The god of western civilisation is an all-knowing, omniscient, wrathful, male deity who has nothing to do with women. Any group which excludes anyone for any reason should be disbanded by those comprising the group. Those who doubt find the truth. The truly religious person is one who no longer sees themselves as belonging to any race, class or creed. God is Life and Life is God and they are a state of mind - a totally free state. God is just a word. Love is just a word. Love is.

Mickiana

That Indy films deal with 'Christian/Biblical' objects is a political decision. It has nothing to do with the film makers personally believing in the objects' religious significance. I am guessing, but I reckon George, Steve or Harrison for that matter, do not believe that the ark emits columns of wrathful fire, or that the Sankara stones burn those who betray Shiva, or that the cup that Jesus drank from at the last supper bestows eternal life. They were bankrolling by playing up a myth. Indiana Jones movies were not meant to be serious representations of any religious mythology. They were meant to be fun and they very much achieved that.

Kingsley

Mickiana said:
Truth cannot be contained in any words, though words may 'hint' at the truth by carrying across the meaning of 'what is not'. Only words can describe other words. The truth is a pathless land and we all have to wander there eventually. To criticise other peoples' beliefs while we have our own beliefs is to be prejudiced. To hate bigotry is to be a bigot. To kill the person you must become the monster. To discuss means you have to be willing to listen to and accept other peoples' views without denying them in the least their right to their views. Love and truth are synonymous. The god of western civilisation is an all-knowing, omniscient, wrathful, male deity who has nothing to do with women. Any group which excludes anyone for any reason should be disbanded by those comprising the group. Those who doubt find the truth. The truly religious person is one who no longer sees themselves as belonging to any race, class or creed. God is Life and Life is God and they are a state of mind - a totally free state. God is just a word. Love is just a word. Love is.
I like these ideas, very... but some of them are a bit too far from where I am now. Still, bright toughts Mickiana!

About the topic and some of the answers... I don't like the "us" and "them" game.
Some of the quotes are far from christian essence in my opinion, that capacity for turning the other cheek and feel the other's feelings.

Last edited:

metalinvader

Gravity: Doesn't exist. If items of mass had any impact of others, then mountains should have people orbiting them. Or the space shuttle in space should have the astronauts orbiting it. Of course, that's just the tip of the gravity myth. Think about it. Scientists want us to believe that the sun has a gravitation pull strong enough to keep a planet like neptune or pluto in orbit, but then it's not strong enough to keep the moon in orbit? Why is that? What I believe is going on here is this: These objects in space have yet to receive mans touch, and thus have no sin to weigh them down. This isn't the case for earth, where we see the impact of transfered sin to material objects. The more sin, the heavier something is.

GRAVITY MYTH?!?!?!?!?!?! WTF?

indy34

Hahaha that person is funny he/she has no idea how can he say its a myth he/she probably doesn't know the first thing about gravity besides what they said there:confused: :p
This stuff is gold I'm going to check this forum out:rolleyes: :p

Finn

Staff member
Joe Brody said:
Quick heads-up, over the years I've noticed that there is a sizeable Christian contingent here at the Raider and in the Indiana Jones fanbase. Having two-out-of-three Indiana Jones films deal with Christian/Bibical objects, has led to Indiana Jones being accepted in the Christian community -- which is a big deal for kids in those communities because they don't always get to mix in with what's happening in the mainstream (I remember seeing the same thing at U2 concerts back in the '80's).

I admit, the hair on the back of my neck went up the second I read the title of this thread. Not because I'm religious (far from it, as you may have noticed) but I've seen all the trouble it's bound to generate in these forums. I'm all for respecting other people's beliefs... if they in retrospect respect mine. I've been more than glad to notice however that majority of raveners are like this. That's also the thing I base my hope on that this here thread would be taken with good humor. One of the best skills a man can have is the skill to laugh at himself... even when others are doing that too.

indy34

How can anyone beleive we evolved from monkeys heres a few questions for people who beleive that

1.If we did evolve from monkeys then how come babies arent born monkeys

2.Even Darwin said his theories were wrong before he died so why do you still believe them

3.do you really not believe the bible it says we were created in seven days not millions of years

4.how come we cant speak monkey

Just for a fact ape like creatures are monkeys Just in case certain people get on this thread

This is a good one these people have no idea(thats the fanatical ones)

Paden

Let me throw this in. I've been pretty open here in the past about my Christian faith, but I'll be honest: some of the quotes on the page referenced by the first post deserve to be considered (dark) comedy. Those quoted comments reflect a great deal of bigotry and ignorance. I noted that the word "fundamentalist" was included in the title of this thread, which I hope reflects a recognition on the part of the thread's author (and other posters) that not all those of the Christian faith accept fundamentalist thinking and ideas.

It's odd for me to read such quotes within my own frame of reference regarding Christ. In the gospel accounts, Christ broke Hebraic tradition by dining with what were considered at that time the dregs of society: criminals and outcasts. He reached out to the disenfranchised. Interestingly, the individuals He had the greatest confilct with were the religious leaders of the day. I guess what I'm driving at is that I don't see Christ's attitudes reflected in those quotes. I see judgmental, hostile attitudes (many of which are ludicrously uninformed) that will only serve to reinforce the anger some feel at certain segments of the Christian faith.

sarah navarro

metalinvader said:
GRAVITY MYTH?!?!?!?!?!?! WTF?
????????????????????????????????????????:eek: :eek: (y)

heres one
In my opinion, if an animal in the wild like a swan is caught being gay it should be shot on sight, disinfected, and used to feed the poor.
harsh words...poor swan

Last edited by a moderator: