Italia...

moondrifter

Hey guys! I'm back from my first school trip abroad!! It was sooo fun. We took the plane from Gatwick to Naples and spent 4 days exploring Sorrento, Vesuvius, Pompeii, Amalfi, Positano...etc. We had some hilarious moments including almost getting arrested for trespassing and i managed to hyperventilate over the hottest waiter i have ever seen! Had parties in our rooms and hurdled over balconies a lot... Seriously one of the best times ever. Didn't miss home very much, but missed chatting with u guys here on the raven! I guess the worst bit is now i have a lot of threads to catch up on!

love moondrifter xxx

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Did you get to go up north to Venice? That's where the House of Juliet is and where my family comes from. I wish they had school trips like that here...Oh well, there's always student exchange.

moondrifter

Well, it was the first time the Geog dept had taken students there and the plane was cool. So weird at an airport with school friends...

We only stayed in southern Italy around that area and about the pictures...i'll check out with friends if they mind being seen by you guys...shouuldn't be a problem after all....you are awesome indyfans right?:)

moondrifter

what kind of stories?! i have many, but is that what you mean?

the weather? on saturday in pompeii it was in the low 20's. very nice actually but on monday in naples it was pretty blergh...dull, grey, a lil rainy. much like over here in wales actually:p

moondrifter

moondrifter

Thanks Indy, (the real indy?! wow! that sounds so cool, lol)

So many stories...i shall post them one by one!

We were all walking through the little streets of Sorrento, and we pass a little restaurant. My friends (5 girls and a guy) see the waiter outside and suddenly at the same time all say "did you see him?" As usual i was in a daydream, and missed it. They were all saying he was sooo cute/fit/hot (whichever you prefer!) In 1 hour, we walked past the restaurant 11 times, just back and forth! I finally saw him and he was seriously mind blowing...! Unlike most people, i'm one of the ones who rarely gets embarassed...they just don't seem to get how i can have the guts to say virtually anything to anyone. So I finally try to show my friends that i can get further than them just through guts....i say "Ciao!" but completely hyperventilating. They are astonished and after that don't know how i can ever face him again?! I seriously didn't get it.

So the next day, we go back to sorrento coz there is a scarf shop everyone loves and everyone needs a scarf after all it is 20degrees:rolleyes: We all buy nice scarfs (wearing them the fashionable italian way!) and i decide i can't leave without seeing the waiter again. Still, my friends don't get how i can face him?! We walk past the restaurant, and i see him in inside. But i want him outside to talk...
You know, they have the menu outside the door for people to have a look at? I stand flicking through the menu for 10 mins...lol. Then i see the barman inside and start giving him evil looks hoping he'll send out the waiter to 'get rid of useless teenagers'. It worked and he sent the waiter out. i said ciao and then asked him for a photo! (as a souvenir of course) I finally got the photo, said thanks, and hyperventilated a lot! Then ran off with a huge grin on my face!

I also managed to see another waiter in the hotel, and got a picture of his arse (as well as his face!)

At the end of the trip, i got the award for @undying pursuit of italian waiters! HAHA

don't worry, i still have more stories to come...

moondrifter xxx

moondrifter

Next story?

My friends (mainly 15 yrs old) all went to liqueur shops and bought Limoncello (italian, local, 30% alc.) They hid it in their bags and took it back to the hotel. On the sunday night we all partied and they drank. The teachers were too busy at the bar downstairs to notice anything. HAHA. My friend accidentally dropped it all over the floor and the room stank. We had to wave chillies around the room to hide the smell.

We also played normal party games...passing an apple round in our mouths. Then with a cereal bar, which got smaller and smaller.

Normal teenage stuff really.

Well guys, if you wanna know something about Italy, you find the right man, because I live in Italy! I'm writing right now at home from the city of Gubbio (an ancient city with a glorius past) in Umbria (a woody district in the middle of Italy); so just ask me and I'm gonna do my best to answer;)