TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Collecting Indy
User Name
Password

Old 04-15-2015, 08:48 PM   #6176
JasonMa
IndyFan

For my birthday last month I got the green shirt and snake pin seen here:

along with the Indiana Jones Adventure 20th anniversary pin from my wife.

As well as 5 Indy vinylmation boxes from my mother-in-law.

Then I bought myself the 20th anniversary t-shirt from Disney:
JasonMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 02:17 PM   #6177
indyclone25
IndyFan

i also got the 20th anniversary t shirt last month... and i am going to disneyworld in june for star wars weekends , hope they still have the indiana jones outpost still there along with the sellers cart.
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:20 PM   #6178
JasonMa
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyclone25
i also got the 20th anniversary t shirt last month... and i am going to disneyworld in june for star wars weekends , hope they still have the indiana jones outpost still there along with the sellers cart.
Both locations are still there. My wife was there today and said she didn't see anything new since she bought my birthday gifts about 6 weeks ago.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:45 PM   #6179
featofstrength
IndyFan

found 6 Indy books at a thrift store: the newest Scholastic adaptations of the 4 movies that came out when "Crystal Skull" was released and the 2 untold adventures, Pyramid of the Sorcerer and Mystery of Mt. Sinai. $0.50 each and look as if they had never been opened.
featofstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 04:53 PM   #6180
JasonMa
IndyFan

Went to the local 2nd & Charles today (used book store chain) and found Philosophers Stone, the last of the Indy novels I needed.

Then I decided to look at their comic collection for the first time. They had a bunch of Indiana Jones comics for $1 each but I own all the Dark Horse Omnibuses so I passed them up. I did buy the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles #2 and #3 to start my collection of those.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:49 PM   #6181
featofstrength
IndyFan

got the Last Crusade Pepsi poster for $9.00 and Sideshow's Crystal Skull Indy with Fridge for $60 on ebay.
featofstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:25 PM   #6182
InexorableTash
IndyFan

Step 1: put on your copy of the Raiders soundtrack
Step 2: skip to the track "Uncovering the Ark"
Step 3: watch this: http://youtu.be/GVm0Tn1Djg8
InexorableTash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:30 AM   #6183
indyclone25
IndyFan

back from disneyworld , i bought two indiana jones shirts a sweatshirt and various pins and satchel , no mugs available. i was surprised that the stunt spectacular was still up and running.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:43 AM   #6184
JasonMa
IndyFan

At the Indy store at Disney Hollywood Studios last week I bought this to replace my normal hat I wear to the theme parks that my wife decided fit her well:

Also over the last couple of months I've completed my set of the "standard" Indiana Jones vinylmation.

I still need the Well of the Souls topper and the variant Indy (which I'll probably never get given that it goes for $150+ on eBay).
Old 07-05-2015, 08:59 PM   #6185
ROB98374
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMa
At the Indy store at Disney Hollywood Studios last week I bought this to replace my normal hat I wear to the theme parks that my wife decided fit her well:

I got that same hat at a Blockbusters store in 2008. I used to wear it often, until one day I went to a Seattle Sounders game, and I never saw it again. Not sure if I left it at the game or in the car I was riding in.

We were at Target today, and my daughter found The Temple of Doom metalpak! Now after 6 months of searching, my trilogy is complete!
ROB98374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 10:19 AM   #6186
JasonMa
IndyFan

I blame a fellow Sounders fan. Go Rapids!

(Born in Seattle, raised on Oak Harbor, but live in Denver now)
Old 07-13-2015, 12:34 AM   #6187
TheFedora
IndyFan

During my weekend at San Diego Comic Con, I bought 2 pieces of Indy memorabilia. The first is the artwork above by Brian Rood. I knew that I must acquire it immediately upon viewing it, and finalized my decision to own it by the end of the day.

The second was the 'Mighty Muggs' SDCC exclusive fertility Idol from a few years ago. Since I normally cosplay as Indy I got it into my head that I could walk around carrying that for next year.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:06 PM   #6188
InexorableTash
IndyFan

Indiana Jones Adventure 10th Anniversary - Obelisk

Limited edition of 300. Got this for a steal on the 'bay, although it took the seller so long to ship it I'd given up...

Snakes! Fire! Rats! Spikes!

(I've always been more afraid of the tourists...)
Old 07-23-2015, 08:05 PM   #6189
JasonMa
IndyFan

My wife just got back from the Disneyana Fan Club convention at Disneyland that runs over Disneyland's birthday each year. Its a club for Disney enthusiasts and collectors and as part of the convention they have a collectibles show and sale along with "room-hopping" where attendees open their hotel rooms at night to sell extra collectibles. She found me a number of Indiana Jones Adventure items to add to my collection (she and her Dad also won the convention's road rally/trivia contest in the parks on Disneyland's birthday):
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...t=d irectlink
From Indy

From L-R
* Official flyer/invitation for the preview event
* Disneyland Line (weekly Cast Member newsletter) from Opening Day/Week of the attraction
* Disneyland Line from May of that year featuring an annual Cast Member road rally/trivia contest themed around the attraction that year
* Disneyland stationary/flyer featuring the attraction
* Official flyer detailing the stats (size, length, etc.) of the ride themed to an archaeological excavation
* Preview button "Coming in Spring 1995!"
* Disneyland Event Sales envelope
* 2 Official Boarding Passes - These were given out on Opening Day to press and dignitaries

Not pictured was the leftover unused Fastpass she had from her trip. The person in front of her in one room picked up a packet with all 3 decoder cards they gave out that opening summer, she was upset to have missed out on that one.

Also arriving on the same day but unrelated:

So now I have both of the Untold Adventures books. As far as the Original Indy section I now have all the English-language works.

Last edited by JasonMa : 07-23-2015 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:51 PM   #6190
JimmyHayes
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMa
For my birthday last month I got the green shirt and snake pin seen here:

along with the Indiana Jones Adventure 20th anniversary pin from my wife.

As well as 5 Indy vinylmation boxes from my mother-in-law.

Then I bought myself the 20th anniversary t-shirt from Disney:
I apologize if this has been covered before, but is there anyway to get Park merchandise without actually going to the Parks? I live in Chicago, and a trip to either park isn't in my budget for the foreseeable future.
JimmyHayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:37 PM   #6191
JasonMa
IndyFan

I believe some of it can be ordered online through the Disney Store site (that's how I got the 20th anniversary t-shirt) but some of it (like the 20th anniversary pin) is only available in the parks.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:59 PM   #6192
JimmyHayes
IndyFan

thanks for the info! I'm headed to their site now!
Old 08-03-2015, 09:19 PM   #6193
InexorableTash
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyHayes
I apologize if this has been covered before, but is there anyway to get Park merchandise without actually going to the Parks?

You can call (yes, telephone only) Disney DelivEARS (google for the phone number) and you can get practically any souvenir sold at the parks shipped to you.

You'll need to be able to describe the item, though.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:48 PM   #6194
JimmyHayes
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InexorableTash
You can call (yes, telephone only) Disney DelivEARS (google for the phone number) and you can get practically any souvenir sold at the parks shipped to you.

You'll need to be able to describe the item, though.
Thank you SO much!!! I'm ordering a couple things!!
Old 08-07-2015, 04:38 AM   #6195
indyclone25
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyHayes
Thank you SO much!!! I'm ordering a couple things!!
wish you would told me earlier, jimmy. i went to disneyworld in june and picked up all the new stuff then. i always go in june for star wars weekends. and i always have to stop at the indy store. next year though we are heading to california to disney land to go see Cars land and to ride the indiana jones ride( about 100 times, lol).