High-Quality Fate of Atlantis Soundtrack

IAdventurer01

Well, I'm breaking my vow not to visit this place again until after Crystal Skull is released for this one, but I had to ask. :p

I risk killing this site's bandwidth by putting a link in with this, but it's kind of necessary. Has anyone else heard these before!?

http://roms.zophar.net/mp3/indiana-jones-and-the-fate-of-atlantis

I was working on arranging a piano medley for the game when I stumbled across this. It may have been on the site before, but all relevant links I found were dead. If these haven't been released to the board before - wow, you're in for a treat. In my opinion, these mp3s are probably the best version of the FoA soundtrack short of a live recording.

Besides sharing the wealth, I am VERY curious about who did this recording and how it was done. On the supposed album cover, it lists Kenneth L. Simonson, but I can't find any relevant links about the guy in my online searches. Does anyone know anything about this?

Katarn07

VP said:
I too downloaded them ages ago, they're great. IIRC they are the same versions that were available at http://soundtracks.mixnmojo.com/ before LEC forced them to be pulled from the site.

Yeah, they had the Dark Forces soundtrack too. It's kinda off topic, but does anyone know how to track that badboy down? That game had it's own theme unlike most other SW games since....

EDIT - Nevermind, I suddenly remembered the author's name and a quick Google search gave me this:

http://darkforces.jediknight.net/downloads.shtml

Did IM and ET have original music at all? I didn't play IM at all, but nothing really stood out in ET as original from what I remember.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, Clint Bajakian composed original music for both of them and the ET soundtrack was performed by a live orchestra.

Bjorn Heimdall

Great stuff, thanks, although having to click each link to actually find the files on a different page is a bit a**.

I often listen to the songs from Curse of Monkey Island, all music from those games is here, in case someone didn't know

Inbanana

The one in VP's link reminds me more of the Amiga version which is the one I had... I think its still a little different tho...

Guess I'm a little late on this, but "LucasArts Soundtracks" is actually my site.

I think it was sometime in 2004 when I had to take down the "Star Wars" and "Indy"-stuff, and yeah, Kenneth did a great job converting the MIDI-soundtrack to MP3 (using "GigaSampler"), the covers were made by me.

I've also edited together a 2-disc "Emperor's Tomb"-soundtrack, using the XBox-music (which was at higher quality then the PC-version).

The Tingler

I was wondering when you'd notice Laserschwert! Thanks for the .rar file, I never did get chance to download the full HQ Emperor's Tomb soundtrack! The only downside to it is that a lot of the tracks reuse many pieces of music from the game.

If you're after a selection from the Infernal Machine PC Soundtrack (minus any containing the Raiders March) go to my Indy gaming fansite here. Although I'm sure Laserschwert will now swoop in with the full N64 Soundtrack! :D

Benraianajones

I really like the God Machine room music, really makes you wonder how great FOA as a film could have been...imagine the God room scene, with this eerie haunting, glorious music in the background...moments before the Nazi's destroyed themselves with the God machine. The soundtrack for the room really is epic, after the long journey to reach Atlantis.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Benraianajones said:
I really like the God Machine room music, really makes you wonder how great FOA as a film could have been...imagine the God room scene, with this eerie haunting, glorious music in the background...moments before the Nazi's destroyed themselves with the God machine. The soundtrack for the room really is epic, after the long journey to reach Atlantis.

With the new film, it's not at all hard to imagine, really.

ROTLA

Laserschwert said:
Guess I'm a little late on this, but "LucasArts Soundtracks" is actually my site.

I think it was sometime in 2004 when I had to take down the "Star Wars" and "Indy"-stuff, and yeah, Kenneth did a great job converting the MIDI-soundtrack to MP3 (using "GigaSampler"), the covers were made by me.

I've also edited together a 2-disc "Emperor's Tomb"-soundtrack, using the XBox-music (which was at higher quality then the PC-version).

Just wondering if there's a way to convert this to MP3 or something like that (essentially so it could be moved to an iPod/MP3 player). It might just take something simple, but I'm not exactly an old pro with audio files. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Michael24

Just downloaded the Fate of Atlantis tracks from the zophar.net site, and they are great! So, a few months late, but thanks for sharing. (y)

Too bad I missed out on the Dark Forces stuff, though. :(

ROTLA said:
Just wondering if there's a way to convert this to MP3 or something like that (essentially so it could be moved to an iPod/MP3 player). It might just take something simple, but I'm not exactly an old pro with audio files. Any help would be great. Thanks.

What are you talking about? All the soundtracks are in MP3-format... :confused:

ROTLA

Laserschwert said:
What are you talking about? All the soundtracks are in MP3-format... :confused:

Then what the heck is ".rar" when I go to download them? I figured that was a different type of file.