"I Hate Snakes" but not what you think.

hemble

HI All

I was looking at THE RAIDER.NET the other day and they had a new art works added to the artist area so I went and had a look. There was one particular artist's painting that I liked so I went and viewed his website, He had a painting of Indy's gear hanging from wall mounts inside a picture frame which I thought looked totally amazing.

On seeing this painting I contacted the painter and asked would he mind if I made he's painting into a 3D interpertation and he kindly agreed. The painters name is Eric Conklin he also does other great paintings so go and have a look at his site www.ericconklin.com you won't be dissapointed.

RECIPE

1: Clothing & Equipment - Are all from the Sideshow Toys Indy figure, I have added a small O-ring to the pistol and have reapinted and weathered all the gear using Vallejo and Games Workshop paints.

2: Frame & backdrop - The frame is from a $2 shop and the backdrop is a scan section of the Hasbro KOTCS redemption figure. I I printed it off and added a top and lower section using balsa wood and glued the printed section to the balsa wood. I also added a wall hanger using the same procedure as the top/lower section and then cut small sections of skewers and attached them to the wall mount.

The stencilling is a font called Octin Stencil and it can be found under the military section of any font site on the web.

Inspiration Original Image by 'Eric L Conklin, Wind Chime Manor, USA'.
pp5.jpeg

pp1.jpg

pp2.jpg

pp3.jpg

pp4.jpg

Ron