Indiana Jones Magazine!

yodazone

66533_153626_1.jpg

66533_153627_2.jpg

Check out the upcoming Indiana Jones Magazine and its exclusive cover variant from Diamond!!!

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/public/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=34&s=259&ai=66533
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indiana Jones and the Magazine

Indiana Jones Magazine issue #1 newsstand cover

Exclusive Indiana Jones Magazine issue #1 cover available only through Diamond Comic Distributors

Anyone who doesn?t live under a rock knows that Harrison Ford is donning the fedora and stubble again this summer in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Indy fans are excitedly bouncing off the walls waiting for the movie, while soaking up every media nook and cranny until then.

Nineteen years has passed since the last film, but our scruffy hero is still working hard. The Last Crusade ended in 1938 near the beginning of World War II and this new Indy flick picks up nineteen years later in 1957. The character, and the actor, has aged but remains vital and ready for adventure, again, as does the actor. Indiana is enjoying a relaxed lifestyle teaching before being sent on a quest to South America. Living legends Steven Spielberg and George Lucas directed and executively produced The Crystal Skull. Starring along with Ford are Academy Award winner Cate Blanchett, returning Indy star Karen Allen, and rising star Shia LaBeouf.

Answering the call for all things Indiana Jones is the new magazine following his adventures: Indiana Jones Magazine. Containing tons of movie news, the magazine covers all the action with Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, interviews with the cast and crew, and much more.

This special commemorative movie edition first issue contains 100 full color pages, for $9.99 and will be in stores on May 22, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
100 pages!!!

(y) (y) (y)

Last edited by a moderator:

No Ticket

Well I guess there goes my rant on why there is a SW magazine and not an Indy one.

Yeay. Indy magazine!

Stoo

Are you surprised? All that hemmin' & hawin' for nothing.;)
Thanks for the heads-up, yodazone!

fixer79

That's great news! I thought all they'd do was add a few Indy pages in Star Wars Insider

I just hope the magazine will be easily available outside the US...

Hammy Skillet

Hey, I want to believe this, but I find it more than a little suspicious that:

-The magazine uses the teaser poster?

-They misspelled LaBeouf on the cover?

-Every photo featured is one we've already seen?

-This news has been repeated by no one.

Plus the collage thing looks kinda amateurish. *shrugs*

Professor Jones

Hammy Skillet said:
Hey, I want to believe this, but I find it more than a little suspicious that:

-The magazine uses the teaser poster?

-They misspelled LaBeouf on the cover?

-Every photo featured is one we've already seen?

-This news has been repeated by no one.

Plus the collage thing looks kinda amateurish. *shrugs*

I agree with eeeeeeeeverything you said! ;)

JimmyPSHayes

I wouldn't be too worried guys. This is Diamond after all, they solicit things with wrong information EVERY MONTH. Sometimes it's their fault sometimes it's not. A lot of times they can't even provide cover images for their product-for example, the KOTCS tpb didn't have it's cover, it had the teaser poster. And they almost NEVER have correct cover images for magazines, as the publishers normally don't provide them. Check out the magazine section in any issue of Previews, and you'll find old covers used for upcoming magazines. I'm sure this image was something that the publishers just threw together at the last minute because they had to meet the deadline for next month's Previews. Not to come across as a know-it-all, but ordering from Diamond is part of my job and I see this all the time.
-That said-MAN!! It's about time! I'm really excited for this magazine!!! Star Wars Insiders sells great for me, and I'm sure this will sell just as good.

RedHuffy

This is going to be just a one-off movie tie-in, right? I can't see this becoming a monthly/bi-monthly/quarterly magazine. (Not that I would mind if it did.)

Hawkeye

RedHuffy said:
This is going to be just a one-off movie tie-in, right? I can't see this becoming a monthly/bi-monthly/quarterly magazine. (Not that I would mind if it did.)

I think that, as much as I would LOVE an Indy magazine that rivaled Star Wars Insider, it's probably just going to be a movie tie-in. George Lucas just doesn't appear to care about Indy as much as he does Star Wars. Don't believe me? Look at all the merchandising of Star Wars compared to that of Indy. It's like comparing apples to cantelopes.

Avilos

Why does Lucas always get blamed for everything? When Lucasfilm and all its subsidiaries employ many, many people. At this point its seems most of the Indy hype will be this year for the new movie and then be done. Why would they have an ongoing magazine for Indiana Jones?

Dr.Sartorius

I wish they would have released Indy magazines leading up to the release. What's the point of releasing this on May 22? I guess it might be like the Official Movie Guide books we saw for the Star Wars prequels.

I hope they will translate that magazine and publish it also outside the U.S.A.
I would really love to get my hands on a copy!! (y)

yodazone

TennesseeKorben said:
C'mon people! Can't you see those "magazines" are photoshop fakes!

Fake? As in these magazines aren't set to come out?

It's from the Diamond website news release section...Why would they go to all the trouble of photoshopping 2 covers and post an article on their site?

:confused:

The article can't be more legit!