Indiana Jones Magazine!

Lao_Che

JimmyPSHayes said:
I just got the magazine-it came in with this week's shipment-WOW!!!! It is AWESOME!!! TONS of great articles, the only thing is it's VERY spoiler heavy. I'm going to wait to read it until after I see the movie. I'm going to be looking forward to getting this each month

The thing is the first issue is almost made up entirely of interviews which I suspect are from the Complete Making Of book.

deckard24

Lao_Che said:
The thing is the first issue is almost made up entirely of interviews which I suspect are from the Complete Making Of book.
Yeah, I found that out after the fact unfortunately! If you have the making of book, don't waste your money on the mag!!

Crack that whip

For those of you who ordered the first issue from IndianaJonesShop.com, have your orders shipped? I'm still awaiting an order from the online Indy shop which included both the first issue of the magazine, which ships in "May," and the Complete Making of Indiana Jones book, which was to ship May 22. Other items in this order were already released and in stock, so I'm guessing my order hasn't shipped yet because it's waiting on the magazine, but I don't know for sure, of course...

Billy Ray

deckard24 said:
Yeah, I found that out after the fact unfortunately! If you have the making of book, don't waste your money on the mag!!

Man, that is good to hear! I went to Barnes and Noble yesterday, expressly to pick up this magazine, and picked up The Complete Making of instead. I couldn't justify adding another $10 to my bill...sounds like I "chose wisely";)

Michael24

I still haven't found the magazine anywhere yet (my mom is gonna check Barnes & Noble when she goes to work tomorrow), but does anybody know if this will be more than one issue? I like when they just make these a single stand-alone publication and not multiple issues. The official Terminator 3 magazine was two parts and I was never able to find #2. :mad:

I wonder why the magazine is no longer in the on-line Indy store, either?

Ignatius Stone

It's not hard to be better than SW Insider! :D That mag has gone way downhill since Titan took over.

I suspect that once the Indy mag gets past the first issue, its quality will probably be about on a par with the Insider.:(

Flash Dixson

Ignatius Stone said:
It's not hard to be better than SW Insider! :D That mag has gone way downhill since Titan took over.

I suspect that once the Indy mag gets past the first issue, its quality will probably be about on a par with the Insider.:(
I hope not.

Crack that whip

*ahem*

Crack that whip said:
For those of you who ordered the first issue from IndianaJonesShop.com, have your orders shipped? I'm still awaiting an order from the online Indy shop which included both the first issue of the magazine, which ships in "May," and the Complete Making of Indiana Jones book, which was to ship May 22. Other items in this order were already released and in stock, so I'm guessing my order hasn't shipped yet because it's waiting on the magazine, but I don't know for sure, of course...

Anyone?

Bueller?

Crack that whip

Well, you can all heave big sighs of relief, :p as I finally received notice yesterday my order shipped.

I wonder whether it'll get here before my subscription copy...

Lao_Che

How can Star Wars Insider be worse than a magazine made up of (mostly) Complete Making of Indiana Jones excerpts?

Mutt-Jones III

Yeah!

yodazone said:
Check out the upcoming Indiana Jones Magazine and its exclusive cover variant from Diamond!!!

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/public/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=34&s=259&ai=66533
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indiana Jones and the Magazine

Indiana Jones Magazine issue #1 newsstand cover

Exclusive Indiana Jones Magazine issue #1 cover available only through Diamond Comic Distributors

Anyone who doesn?t live under a rock knows that Harrison Ford is donning the fedora and stubble again this summer in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Indy fans are excitedly bouncing off the walls waiting for the movie, while soaking up every media nook and cranny until then.

Nineteen years has passed since the last film, but our scruffy hero is still working hard. The Last Crusade ended in 1938 near the beginning of World War II and this new Indy flick picks up nineteen years later in 1957. The character, and the actor, has aged but remains vital and ready for adventure, again, as does the actor. Indiana is enjoying a relaxed lifestyle teaching before being sent on a quest to South America. Living legends Steven Spielberg and George Lucas directed and executively produced The Crystal Skull. Starring along with Ford are Academy Award winner Cate Blanchett, returning Indy star Karen Allen, and rising star Shia LaBeouf.

Answering the call for all things Indiana Jones is the new magazine following his adventures: Indiana Jones Magazine. Containing tons of movie news, the magazine covers all the action with Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, interviews with the cast and crew, and much more.

This special commemorative movie edition first issue contains 100 full color pages, for $9.99 and will be in stores on May 22, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
100 pages!!!

(y) (y) (y)

Took them long enough! :whip:

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael24

So basically, if you already have "The Complete Making of Indiana Jones," you don't really need this magazine? I still haven't been able to find it, but if it doesn't offer much else than what's already into the KOTCS section of "The Complete Making of," then I guess I'll just pass.

Ignatius Stone

Standard cover:

WebCover.jpg

Bowie Fett

Michael24 said:
So basically, if you already have "The Complete Making of Indiana Jones," you don't really need this magazine? I still haven't been able to find it, but if it doesn't offer much else than what's already into the KOTCS section of "The Complete Making of," then I guess I'll just pass.

That's what I thought, however, more than half of the magazine includes material (interviews, pics, etc.) not in the "Complete" book.

:whip: