Indiana Jones Magazine!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I've got the standard cover. Couldn't find any of the other covers. All in all, it was a good commemorative edition, and would be a good introduction to anyone who hasn't seen the other films as it certainly sums up everything. In which case, there was very little new things I found out about in this issue. The only new stuff was really the concept art, one photo, the miniatures and the interview with the special fx supervisor.

It also leaves me wondering in future issues, how things will be divided into sections, and if it will end up like the SW mag where they have a trading post section, a letters to the editor section and a community page (eg like Bantha Tracks) and if there'll ever be anything I don't know being in the magazine to be worth the dollars I pay for (the magazine costs $15 down here, which is pretty darn expensive in comparison to SW and Empire mags).

Crack that whip

I just received it today alongside The Complete Making of Indiana Jones, and I do think there's enough here to warrant getting both, though there is definitely some overlap.

Michael24

Well, I finally got a copy yesterday. Of all places, my mom found about thirty of them at Costco, so she grabbed one for me. I hope #2 is easier to find. The ad at the back says it comes out June 22. I wonder how many issues there will be total.

ReggieSnake

I just picked up a copy at Barnes & Noble yesterday. Haven't had a chance tp read all the way through it yet but it looks like it has some great pictures, even if much of the info is old news.

deckard24

Has anybody ordered the magazine subscription? If so, I'm wondering if you've got either of the two special 100 page issues they mention in the first mag? I'm curious if those will only be sold in stores or by subscription?

Lao_Che

deckard24 said:
Has anybody ordered the magazine subscription? If so, I'm wondering if you've got either of the two special 100 page issues they mention in the first mag? I'm curious if those will only be sold in stores or by subscription?

I believe issue 1 is one of the special issues.

Crack that whip

The front page of TheRaider.net reports today that the second issue is out. Where's the first? :confused: I have received a copy I ordered as part of a larger shipment from the online Indy shop, but my subscription copy has yet to arrive...

Goonie

Crack that whip said:
The front page of TheRaider.net reports today that the second issue is out. Where's the first? :confused: I have received a copy I ordered as part of a larger shipment from the online Indy shop, but my subscription copy has yet to arrive...

Try Walmart. It was the only place around here that had issue #1.

Crack that whip

Goonie said:
Try Walmart. It was the only place around here that had issue #1.

Great, but aside from my having avoided shopping at Wal-Mart for a couple years now, the thing is I've already paid for the first six issues - I ordered a subscription from the publisher. I also already have the first issue anyway; I ordered a copy of it along with some other stuff from the online Indy store, so I got one copy when that order arrived, and after placing that order I decided I'd like a subscription, so I ordered a subscription at the publisher's site. I'm just wondering where the subscriber copies are or when they're going to arrive, not how I can get a copy from anywhere of the first issue, which I do already have.
:hat:

Ignatius Stone

It's weird that the subscriber copies haven't yet arrived...
The newsstand editions for issue 2 are scheduled for June 24/25.
Probably yet another delay in Titan's publishing/shipping schedule. :mad:

Magazine2.jpg

Agent Z

Crack that whip said:
Well, hm. Mine must have gotten lost in the mail... or perhaps my sub is supposed to start with #2. I'll have to look into this...

Damn, that sucks...especially when you are shelling out the kind of money these mags are asking. I hope it all works out for you. :)

I picked up the first copy on eBay, just to get a chance to look it over first to see if it's something that I might want to subscribe to.

With the cost of Fangoria, Rue Morgue, Dr. Who Mag, and a ton of monthly comics, it's getting tougher and tougher to squeeze a new title in there.

JimmyPSHayes

Well I just picked up issue #2 at a Meijers store. I have mixed feelings. The magazine is AWESOME!!! There's a great article on the Indiana Jones Marvel Comics-those are my favorite comics EVER!!!! The really SUCKY part is that we(comic book stores)are NOT getting the magazine next week, so thanks Titan for honoring your street date! (n)

Goonie

The only place around here that had issue #1 was Walmart. Anybody happen to know when the Canadian Walmarts will be getting issue #2?

Rhys135

In the UK edition of Issue 1 it states that the next issue should be with us on June 22nd, which is a Sunday which doesn't make much sense. Asked my local newsagent to order me a copy in, and they said that the release date for the second issue is the 17th of July.

Dene

Rhys135 said:
In the UK edition of Issue 1 it states that the next issue should be with us on June 22nd, which is a Sunday which doesn't make much sense. Asked my local newsagent to order me a copy in, and they said that the release date for the second issue is the 17th of July.
What?! :mad: Oh, FFS.

Thanks anyway -- saves me looking every day now. Very annoying indeed.