Disney eyeing Chris Pratt

indy4242

Grizzlor said:
Aside from Hardy, all of those guys lack deep voices, the kind like Harrison's. I think that's a big reason he was so perfect for the role. I easily took Pratt seriously in JW, I think he put his comedy chops away well. That being said, his role there was an odd one, because aside from the action aspect, the script was written really with Bryce Dallas Howard (who I adore) as the true lead character.

Hardy could probably pull it off just from pure acting skill.

My worry with Pratt is that I wouldn't be able to take him seriously as an academic, and that his style of comedy is too goofy.

I'll throw out another name I've thought about recently: Oscar Isaac. He seems to be playing a Han Solo-esque character in Episode VII, and he can definitely pull off the academic and wry ******* side of Indy (see: Ex Machina).

Billy Ray

While watching Mad Max: Fury Road I thought to myself that Tom Hardy might make a good Indy, Hadn't really seen him in much else other than TDK Rises at the time.

Le Saboteur

Billy Ray said:
Hadn't really seen him in much else other than TDK Rises at the time.

He was the best thing about Inception. And I bet you a dollar you saw him in Band of Brothers and Black Hawk Down, but don't remember who he played.

That said, Peaky Blinders. You're welcome.

c82e1cada823e0379fcd94283a03640b.gif

Lots of projecting going on around here.

Le Saboteur

Billy Ray said:
Well, you are right. I've seen all three of those and had no idea he was in them!

I usually am. Though, I would have been more surprised if you hadn't seen either production. I've never met a swinging [slang for the male sex organ] who hasn't seen both of them a couple of times.

tumblr_mgxvfqYajl1r4ep8so2_500.gif

tumblr_mgxvfqYajl1r4ep8so3_500.gif

tumblr_n1wc8vQUiw1ruqkgko6_1280.jpg

8TRpqit.jpg

Pale Horse said:
He's a damned chameleon.

Indeed.

Yeah..such a special boy.
How's he di it..?? Said in interviews not to hardy
In real life said he's a coward and would ****
Erm in a fight situation. I was really surprised looks like tank.

Túrin Turambar said:

Also please forget this sad fanboy Pratt the top man for the job, because he isn't
Just watching that's parks and recommendations and its like trying to watch a baby trying to act. It's amazing how these people get in these big budget films.

Pretty Pratt face, but what else? Seriously?

Billy Ray

Túrin Turambar said:

That's exactly what I thought too! Wait...what?

Ridiculous notions for the next Indy actor. Nobody can fit into Harrison's shoes. Hardy would be like a brick trying to play the acheolegest, adventurer academic and a serious bad ass. Or we pick Clown Pratt which is even a more stupid idea. What about Tom Cruise.??

TheFedora

Túrin Turambar said:
Ridiculous notions for the next Indy actor. Nobody can fit into Harrison's shoes. Hardy would be like a brick trying to play the acheolegest, adventurer academic and a serious bad ass. Or we pick Clown Pratt which is even a more stupid idea. What about Tom Cruise.??

The latest Mission Impossible was fine. However, Cruise is getting older as well and I assume Disney would want someone who could believably play Indy through multiple different sequels.

Really want Harry back for Indy 5 but he really is getting on for action and stunts. I'd rather it be another actor than obvious stunt doubles doing everything for him. I guess we'll see his condition in the Starwars at Christmas. A fountain of youth idea asbmentioned earlier could work for a nice transition of actors. A bit like dr who regenerating as long as its done near the end of the movie so we get a good dose of harry first.

Personally (shielding head from rocks being thrown) I like Chris Pratt for the role. Not Tom Hardy. What stupid voice would he put on for this one? As for time line if its Harry its gonna be hard to place and finding something worth going after. If its a new actor then either side of TOD would sit nicely. Shouldnt interfere with anything with a few years to play with.

Wilhelm

They don't need Chris Pratt. It's more interesting if they use a young Harrison Ford with a digital face-lift (like Michael Douglas in Ant-Man) during a prologue set in 1937 or 1939 (Years not used in the trilogy).

A prologue with a lot of classic action in the best style of Raiders that could work as a lost Mini Indy movie from the 80s. Then we could go to 1967 with Old Indy retired who must face his greatest challenge: recover the most important Biblical/religious artifact of his career.