So there WILL be an Indy 5 right?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Rumors, albeit substantiated rumors, as we've heard of it from Lucas, Spielberg, Ford, Marshall...perhaps others. But nothing's set in stone.

Jones Disciple

Lucas has said that he and his researchers are currently looking for a Macguffin for Indy to chase. Ford and Marshall have said they would do it if they get a good script. Spielberg seems game from what the others have said. The last one made $786.6 million dollars and was for the most part well received. I think there is a good chance we will see one more film within the next three years. 2011 will mark the 30th anniversary for the franchise and seems like an ideal time to release a new film or at least a re-release of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

vf wing

Three years is also the "normal" time frame between Lucasfilm franchise entries, Last Crusade being the only real exception. That sounds like a reasonable time frame in which to expect it. 30th anniversary is icing on the cake! (y)

Indy Croft

but i don't think the possibility is high, i rememeber lucas saying he doesn't plan to make any more indy afer the 4th

Dr.Sartorius

vf wing said:
Three years is also the "normal" time frame between Lucasfilm franchise entries, Last Crusade being the only real exception. That sounds like a reasonable time frame in which to expect it. 30th anniversary is icing on the cake! (y)

And KOTCS. :cool: And Phantom Menace. :D

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Dr.Sartorius said:
And KOTCS. :cool: And Phantom Menace. :D

Yeah, but Young Indiana Jones happened in '92, lasting for a couple of years. There were the special editions in '97. Phantom Menace, '99, Attack of the Clones, '02, Revenge of the Sith, '05, and KotCS '08.

Eric Solo

I'll help the ball get rolling on a script: We could have yet another Harrison Ford movie where somebody kidnaps his wife. Harrison always seems to like scripts where somebody messes with his wife. (y)

Dewy9

Eric Solo said:
I'll help the ball get rolling on a script: We could have yet another Harrison Ford movie where somebody kidnaps his wife. Harrison always seems to like scripts where somebody messes with his wife. (y)

There's some great video on YouTube for a new Harrison Ford movie called something like "Where's my Wife!" which was literally 2 mintues of him yelling that out in his various movies.

Marion's captured in Indy 5. That way we can continue the tradition.

No Ticket

I think they'll spend too much time thinking about it and it'll just never happen. They don't have 20 years or so to think about it this time.

The Man

No Ticket said:
I think they'll spend too much time thinking about it and it'll just never happen. They don't have 20 years or so to think about it this time.

Imagine the expectations placed on an eighty-six-year-old Ford...

maxmoorenownnp468x456ho7.jpg

"I feel fit to continue..."