Wolfenstein trailer at NY Comic Con

Indy's brother

Well, this looks like fun! Any Indy fan who also enjoys video games is undoubtedly familiar with the Wolfenstien franchise. Coming to next-gen consoles is the latest entry into this fps series of supernatural nazi slaying games, this one is named simply, "Wolfenstein".

Here's a link to the trailer and accompanying article at g4tv.com.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the game's relevence to actual history, I direct you to this Indy-related blurb from the article:
“When you take into account the science fiction and the mysticism, calling Wolfenstein a good WWII game is like calling the original Indiana Jones a great WWII movie.”
...which is in no way a bad thing.

Snakes

Yesss! I can't wait to play this game! Return to Castle Wolfenstein was great, this will hopefully be the same. I hope this sells well so game developers will make more games like this. I'd love to see a more WW2 games with supernatural or Sci-Fi elements.

Indy's brother

The character does have a bit of a Jonesy feel to him. The score beginning at 1:32 in the latest trailer sounds a little like the music at Akator, when the obelisk comes together. I can't help but think that one of the accompanying shots afterwards is meant to drive this point home.

Also:

Official Wolfenstein Website Launched, Spike TV Special
Activision sent over a small reminder that the official Wolfenstein website goes live today, offering a huge batch of new screens, videos, and concept art to download... even IM icons for your chatting pleasure. Additionally, on Friday night, GameTrailers TV with Geoff Keighley will be on Spike TV, exposing a bit of exclusive footage from the highly anticipated shooter. "This half-hour special features the World Premiere of a brand new trailer, a first-look at one of the game's bosses, loads of exclusive gameplay footage, your first look at cut-scenes and interviews with members of id Software & Raven Software. Check out GTTV, Friday night at 1 AM Eastern/Pacific on Spike TV (airs at 10 PM Pacific on DirecTV)."

Source.

Apparently the official website will also offer webisodes soon. I can only speculate as to the content, but if I had to guess, it would say "behind the scenes"/"making of" type of stuff.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Indy's brother said:
when the obelisk comes together.
At 1:00 in the trailer it appears to be holding the 80's electronic game Simon Says.

The main site's Graphic Novel Webisode 2 retells the 1992 installment, Spear of Destiny.

USA Today says "Wolfenstein opens with a nod to the Indiana Jones films" ...what exactly?