Remaining Jewish and Christian Relics

kongisking

sandiegojones said:
How about a Sasquatch that finds archeological relics? :whip:

Sounds allot like the concept of Hellboy (i.e. one of their own hunting themselves)! I like that! THANKS, Diego! You have inspired me and gotten my out of my deep blue funk.

Benraianajones

ProfessorChaos said:
Note: Anything used in the Tomb Raider movies I have avoided listing, since for that reason alone they would fail to make a new Indy movie truly unique.
Therefore, Atlantis and Pandora's Box are out of the question since Lara Croft has already been there and done that on the big screen. Comments, anyone?

Yes I get what you are saying there. Tomb Raider using Pandora's Box just seemed like a 2nd rate attemot at an Ark concept in the movie to me. Especially the scene similar to the canyon scene where belloq states Indy wants to see its power just as much as him.

Also, if Atlantis was based on the FOA game, Atlantis would be very different from Tomb Raider anyway. But we have had a Lost City now, so doubt we'd get another anyway in Indy. Not to mention Tomb Raider movies were lousy anyway.

Also, no Staff of Moses, cause it fell out of one of the crates in area 51 when the Russians smashed boxes as shown on the KOTCS making disc!

sandiegojones

Benraianajones said:
Also, no Staff of Moses, cause it fell out of one of the crates in area 51 when the Russians smashed boxes as shown on the KOTCS making disc!
Unless, it a prequel like TOD and it ends up in the same warehouse as the Ark.

WillKill4Food

Benraianajones said:
You know, I saw that in the special features but can't find it on the actual movie for the life of me! :rolleyes:

kongisking

Benraianajones said:

HUH?!?!?!?!? Whattaya talking about? :confused: :confused: :confused: There's a Staff of Moses cameo in KOTCS? Where did you see that? Wha?????

kongisking

WillKill4Food said:
Watch the special features on the DVDs! ;)

Problem is: I HAVEN'T BOUGHT IT YET!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGH!!! It's all cause I got no money right now! GGGRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Col. Detritch

Being the observent fellow that I am I read through the entire thread and there have been a few good ideas! I dind't mind the Cross idead mentioned towards the begining and the Urim and Thummim idea has possibilities. I think it would have to be a last minute decision though to use yet another biblical artifact.

P.S: Holy Prepuce- :sick: :eek: I hope that was a joke!

:hat:

sandiegojones said:
I do not think another Jewish or Christian relic would be used. It seems they try to use different cultures in every film. Spielberg & Lucas might be afraid to use a Muslim artifact because of the "reaction" they may get (you know, like the Mohammed fiasco).
As echoed in this thread:

DIrishB said:
Ideally, I'd like to see Indy chase after or be involved with some type of Islamic relic, to continue the tradition of focusing on different belief systems with each film.

...a Muslim artifact would be the way to go.

Besides being topical, (with regards to extreemism vs moderate practitioners), it would provide the PERFECT reasons to bring Sallah back and provide the type of educational direction Lucas espouses these days.

They REALLY missed the boat when they decided aliens over Islam.

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
...a Muslim artifact would be the way to go.

Indiana Jones and the Quest for Hassan i Sabbah's Secret Stash, with the tagline, "The old man's going after the Old Man of the Mountain".

Indy Scout 117

ProfessorChaos said:
Excalibur (Also known as Caliburn), the Sword of King Arthur
Power: Made it's wielder unbeatable in battle, but only if righteous.
Possible Location: A watery cave by a lake, in England
they already made an Indy book with that in it. Indiana Jones and the White Witch

i like the ideas of the others, though (y)

moon_tan

UltimateManGod said:
OKay, I'm curious about how many Jewish or Christian relics there are left for Indy to go after. I ask because these seem to make some of the best adventures. I'm including EU stuff in this case as well. So far, Ind'y found:
1. The Ark of the Covenant
2. The Holy Grail
3. Noah's Ark
4. Aaron's rod
5. Moses' rod (I'm assuming this is in Staff of Kings)
6. Spear of Longinus
7. Omega Book (I think we can count that)

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head would be Indy going after the Crown of Thorns. Anyone else have any ideas or things that Indy could go after, or things that should go on the already used list? And I'm sorry if this thread's been done before. It's late and I'm too tired to search.
I like your list and I hope George Lucas saw it too. The Ark of the Covenant and Jesus' cup are my favorite relics in the Indiana Jones movies.
I don't know if people in this day and age would be interested in Indiana Jones searching for Noah's Ark, but did you see the Noah's Ark Johan Huibers built in Dordrecht, Netherlands? Look for the NBC Today Show video.