Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular

Goonie

I guess it's not much of a celebration this year with the stunt man's death just a few days ago.:(

Morning Bell

I've always enjoyed this show and I've seen it numerous times. Although the ride in California is still THE definitive Indy experience, the show is a lot of fun and always a great way to spend an hour. I can't believe it's been going for twenty years already!

FREE CASTING CALL Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Walt Disney World

FREE CASTING CALL - Principal Stunt Actors (FL)

Casting no. 147264 - Florida, USA

Positions available in the Indiana Jones? Epic Stunt Spectacular at the Walt Disney World® Resort

Disney Auditions is seeking Principal Stunt Actors for full-time, part-time and substitute positions in the Indiana Jones? Epic Stunt Spectacular at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, Florida.

All performers employed by the Walt Disney World Resort are covered under the terms and conditions of a Collective Bargaining Agreement with Actors' Equity Association.

This is a CLOSED audition. Family or friends will not be allowed inside the gymnasium during the audition. Please make appropriate travel plans.

Audition Location:

Orlando Metro Gymnastics
4658 LB McLeod Rd.
Orlando, FL 32811

Sign-in: February 21, 2010. 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM - Late applicants will not be accepted.

Requirements:
-Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and authorized to work in the United States.

-Please bring a current headshot and resume.

-Principal Stunt Actors must be able to demonstrate upper body strength and learn a choreographed fight sequence.

Payment details: Paid Role

Applications to this casting call require:
?A profile photo

Indiana Jones Stunt Double

Males, aged 20 to 30 from the United States

Experience in stage combat and rappelling. Good upper body strength and ability to work at substantial heights. Training in high falls a plus.

Marion Ravenwood Stunt Double

Females, aged 20 to 30 from the United States

Good upper body strength and athletic look. Ability to rappel and work at substantial heights.

German Mechanic:

6?4? to 7?0? with strong athletic build. Experience in stage combat a plus.

Created: 8 February 2010
Applications accepted until: 22 February 2010

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
You know, Indy and Marion did seem the same age... ;)

The place was packed, even off season. Excellent response. The state of the franchise is strong! Take note: the Great Movie Ride shows the Raiders trailer in the queue, and the tram drives through a few sets modeled on and inspired by the Well of Souls. Anyone have a pic of animatronic Indy and Sallah lifting the ark?

Moedred said:
Anyone have a pic of animatronic Indy and Sallah lifting the ark?
4409117064_a6efdb6410_o.jpg

Ska

Rocket Surgeon said:
FREE CASTING CALL - Principal Stunt Actors (FL)

Casting no. 147264 - Florida, USA

Positions available in the Indiana Jones? Epic Stunt Spectacular at the Walt Disney World® Resort

Disney Auditions is seeking Principal Stunt Actors for full-time, part-time and substitute positions in the Indiana Jones? Epic Stunt Spectacular at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, Florida.

All performers employed by the Walt Disney World Resort are covered under the terms and conditions of a Collective Bargaining Agreement with Actors' Equity Association.

This is a CLOSED audition. Family or friends will not be allowed inside the gymnasium during the audition. Please make appropriate travel plans.

Audition Location:

Orlando Metro Gymnastics
4658 LB McLeod Rd.
Orlando, FL 32811

Sign-in: February 21, 2010. 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM - Late applicants will not be accepted.

Requirements:
-Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and authorized to work in the United States.

-Please bring a current headshot and resume.

-Principal Stunt Actors must be able to demonstrate upper body strength and learn a choreographed fight sequence.

Payment details: Paid Role

Applications to this casting call require:
?A profile photo

Indiana Jones Stunt Double

Experience in stage combat and rappelling. Good upper body strength and ability to work at substantial heights. Training in high falls a plus.

Marion Ravenwood Stunt Double

Females, aged 20 to 30 from the United States

Good upper body strength and athletic look. Ability to rappel and work at substantial heights.

German Mechanic:

6?4? to 7?0? with strong athletic build. Experience in stage combat a plus.

Created: 8 February 2010
Applications accepted until: 22 February 2010

Probably since one of their stunt men died last year when practicing for one of the shows.

Ska said:
Probably since one of their stunt men died last year when practicing for one of the shows.

No doubt...sometimes corporate will technically fire and rehire their crew to have them sign new contracts which have been revised to indemnify corporate from some overlooked minutia.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Some video, for any who haven't seen the show.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/4965610?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/4965610">Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/martinsvids">Martins Videos</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Does anyone ever recall reading that Katz & Huyck wrote the script for the show? I was thinking that I'd known that, but now can't track down any reference, here or elsewhere.

Grizzlor

I saw it in Disney World almost 20 years ago. I was already a big fan, but I was pretty bored of the show about halfway through.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
If anyone is looking to see this show, either again or for the first time, there's some chance you should book your trip now.

There's a breaking rumor today that the show will be closed by (or perhaps at) the end of 2014.

I'm not familiar with Popwrapped, the site that published the story, but its co-founder and the writer of this story is based on Orlando, for what little that might count.

I've never heard before the claim from the source that the show was meant to run only 3-5 years, though even if the closure an imminent fact, it doesn't mean that the 3-5 years claim is.

Oh, and the closure is to make way for a Star Wars based land, naturally.

Edited to add:

I'm seeing some cold water being tossed on this, with the most salient points being A) that it's doubtful that Star Wars plans are sufficiently advanced at this point for them to know what they want to close and B) that Indy's capacity is huge, and closing it would be quite a hit years in advance of the opening of the SW land.

Last edited:

micsteam

I had read, a month or two back, that Disney's plans to add to the parks (Disney Land and Disney world) with regard to Star Wars and/or what have you had been halted for the most part, especially Disney World. I believe it was a financial release for market and stock holder information. At least for Disney World there doesn't seem to be any real immediate changes or plans, so The Stunt Spectacular seems like it will be ok.... for awhile. I enjoy it although I haven't gone in awhile, I live in South East Florida so I go twice or more a year (me and my girlfriend are passholders) but I will probably go on my next visit in October.

Lance Quazar

Whoa, thanks for the update. I'll be sure to plan my final visit!

(it's been over 20 years since I first saw it!)

micsteam

Quazar, if you come to DW you should come October time as they have the Halloween costumes all over and the International Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. I'm going early Oct. if you want to hook up for a drink or something. :hat:

Lance Quazar

micsteam said:
Quazar, if you come to DW you should come October time as they have the Halloween costumes all over and the International Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. I'm going early Oct. if you want to hook up for a drink or something. :hat:

Thanks very much for the thoughtful invitation, but my trip is already booked for summer!

Have fun!!!

curmudgeon

Just this past week, Disney's lawyer entered a new application to trademark the term "INDIANA JONES" for Theme park services; live entertainment rendered in a theme park.

So either that rumor was total bunk (which is what I've heard), or they have something else in store.