Indy game franchise?

What do you think about an Indy game franchise?

• NOOOOOOO! It'll cheapen the franchise!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

whipem

They should start with a game based on the new movie, either improving the ET engine or creating a new one altogether, and we'll know whether they should continue with the series.

San Holo

I agree, if they put the effort needed to make the games work,it would be a very good thing. Some of the un-used scripts, like the Monkey King, would make for some awsome gaming.

Paden

Overall, it's an exciting proposition, but so much hinges on the quality of the games themselves. If Lucasarts really devotes the time and resources to insure that the games are worthy of the franchise, it will be a great way to add to the Jones legacy. With the ongoing popularity of gaming, I daresay the games have the potential to interest a new generation in the Indiana Jones movies.

00Kevin

Indyfan
dooode, I want indy games of every kind, bring em on! indy has no less then bond, I have more fun on indy games then all other games combined!

IndyBuff

An Indiana Jones video game franchise certainly does sound appealing. Even if they just put out one game every year or two I would be satisfied, like the way EA puts out one 007 game every year. Its worked well for James Bond and I think it could work well for Indy too. I think it's a great idea, provided that they don't let the quality of the games slip.

TombReader

temple of john said:
Why do so many people dog ET? I actually enjoyed the game. I think some parts did not feel very "Indyesque", but...I thought it was pretty decent.

Me too.Granted,I'm not much of a gamer so my knowledge of what constitutes good or bad may be somewhat askew,but I enjoyed the game.

IndyBuff

temple of john said:
Why do so many people dog ET? I actually enjoyed the game. I think some parts did not feel very "Indyesque", but...I thought it was pretty decent.

I agree. I've played that game to death and I still love it.

IndyBuff

I never played IM but I've played FoA many times and it's equally as fun. The two games are very different in their style and gameplay but both are enjoyable Indy adventures in my opinion. :whip:

Grimdiana Bones

ET had some good qualities, mainly just the combat. The hand to hand combat was great and was much more indy than games like infernal machine, where you use nothing but guns. As for the overall quality of the game though, it looked like it was made in 2 months..... The graphics didn't seem to sync up half the time in the cut scenes, the diaglog was horrible, the story itself was lacking.... Overall if it hadn't been an indy game I would never have bought it, or even played the whole thing through.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I hope the new games don't conflict with the timeline. They should adapt the four max McCoy novels. This would prevent the plot from drifting into another dimension, like in IM and ET. (The plot for 'Hollow Earth' drifted only a little.)

IndyBuff

I'm just hoping that the games come out for every major platform. I hate buying one system and then having to turn around and also buy a different system just to play Indy games. I hope everyone gets to experience the new game next time around.