Star Trek or Star Wars?

Star Trek or Star Wars: Which Do You Like Best?

• Star Trek

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Star Wars

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • I couldn't decide between the two

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

Dr. Wolfwood

Star Wars for me, thank you. The old trilogy and Timothy Zahn books only, though.

Star Trek is way too bland for me. I much prefer the new Battlestart Galactica series as far as sci-fi is concerned.

However, it should be noted that Star Wars is more fantasy than sci-fi, so the two Star series do not actually even compete in the same league... ;)

eroc

Dr. Wolfwood said:
However, it should be noted that Star Wars is more fantasy than sci-fi, so the two Star series do not actually even compete in the same league... ;)

...or the same galaxy.;)

Nurhachi1991

As far as movies go Star Wars wins hands down most of the Trek movies were bad I liked Wrath of Khan. But I loved the original series and next generation so that is were my opinion goes.

Michael24

I simply enjoyed both growing up, though I tended to play Star Wars more when I was little. For Star Trek, I like the movies from Wrath of Khan up to Insurrection. In terms of the series, my favorites are The Next Generation and Enterprise. Deep Space 9 I liked for the first few seasons, but then I lost interest, and Voyager I was never able to get into. (I couldn't stand Kate Mulgrew, for starters.) The Original Series is okay, but I find myself unable to watch it very often.

I will say this, though: Star Wars EU totally tops Star Trek EU, which is so chaotically-inconsistent it's amazing anything ever gets done.

The_Raiders

Star Wars pwns. But it really is a matter of opinion, people can say one is beter then the other, like I say SW but that doesn't mean it is, other say ST that doesn't mean that it is, it's al opinion. And my opinion is, STAR WARS PWNS! :cool:

glorbes

Star Wars (at least the first two movies) is by far my favorite of the two series. I think its far more imaginative and epic in its scale, has much stronger design work, and is on the whole more engaging. Even the prequel films have some great elements, but lack the restraint and sober second thought that George had to face with the original films.

I do like Star Trek, though. The Original Series and Next Generation really are something special, and I enjoyed a handful of the movies (Wrath of Khan and The Undiscovered Country are my favorites of the original cast films). Star Trek is more character driven and grounded, which is something that is sometimes missing from the Star Wars series. I strongly dislike the spinoff shows (DS9, Voyager, Enterprise), and most of the movies weren't very good.

muttjones

Dr. Wolfwood said:

I agree.

Star Wars is a fantasy adventure that is set in a Sci-Fi world. I haven't seen much Star Trek but I don't think they compare.
You might as well be saying: Which do you like better, Star Wars or Dr. Who?

The Man

Dr. Wolfwood said:

Good point. Why is Star Wars classified so definitively as 'Sci-Fi' more so than, say, Lord Of The Rings?

Nurhachi1991

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hNxhrPaaCA4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hNxhrPaaCA4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If only Kirk was there.......

kirk-inspirational-awesome.jpg

The Man

This fncking monstrosity of a song actually topped the charts in the U.K. Seriously...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FCARADb9asE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FCARADb9asE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>