DVD sale prices

I got the weekend sales fliers and Best Buy and Circuit City are going to be selling the Young Indy DVDs for $70. That's not a bad price since they have a MSRP of $120 or so. I was planning on getting mine from Amazon, but this is cheaper.

Nope, didn't see anything about any extras. I did however notice that Amazon has reduced their price to $70 as well. I'm going to get mine at Best Buy anyway so I don't have to wait.

Dr.Sartorius

Anything over $50 is insane. I'll wait for the inevitable "bare-bones" version without the history documentaries that have nothing to do with Indiana Jones.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I found a customer who could afford it: Last week, [Lucas] got The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Volume 1 ($117.99, in stores Tuesday) and its 12 discs. The wizard of Skywalker Ranch was mightily pleased. "I can't wait to get the other volumes."

He will soon be pacified. The rest of us will probably have to wait at least a year for a reasonable price. I've often dreamed of an 11 disc complete set, but the cost of editing and pressing a different version of such a minor product makes a price cut more likely. I think we're stuck with the 30 or so discs.

I picked mine up today. Haven't had a chance to go over everything. I did watch a few minutes of My First Adventure, picture looked good, much like all the other DVDs from that time. I've never seen the movie version of the first one, but it had an intro that seemed to be newer, mostly it had Indy's middle name which I thought we didn't know until recently.

The few minutes that I caught of the extras wasn't all that exciting. Seemed almost like something you'd watch in school. Some of them sound more interesting then others though. I also had a hard time installing the game. The DVD kept saying install, but wouldn't do it through the menu. The time line was kind of nice though.

Best Buy had them out, though not a whole lot of them. Circuit City says it's online order only. Haven't looked at other places yet. Best Buy did have the normal sticker price of $99, which means they dropped the price before it even came out.

metalinvader

Yeah,I got mine at Bestbuy today also. I had never seen the movie version of My first adventure until today.Funny how Indy grows a whole foot inbetween trips from Egypt to the Middle East;)

Stoo

ResidentAlien said:
I've blown way too much on DVDs lately... Damn DeepDiscount and all their wonderful sales. :rolleyes:
Excuses, excuses. Only a chump would be a member of an Indiana Jones message board and not lay down the coin for the DVDs at these prices.:p
(Just kidding!) Hopefully, the link you provided will encourage others to buy and own one of the greatest TV series to ever grace the airwaves!

Dr.Sartorius said:
You can get them used on Amazon for cheaper.

Meh. Used DVD shopping is a crap shoot. I like to buy new so that I can guarantee the disc will play. People seem to have no regard for their DVDs most of the time.

ReggieSnake

I recently got both sets used on ebay. (1. $66 total, 2. $42 total)

They were both open, but I'm not sure if they had even been played as they were in perfect condition.(y)

I think ebay is better than Amazon in the way of used DVDs and such- as long as you do your homework and contact the sellers.

doesitmatter

Young Indy on sale at Best Buy!

I just heard that Best Buy is dropping the prices on all three Young Indy DVDS to $49 thanks to the special editions coming out this week.

I've been renting the series on Netflix because they were simply too expensive but now I may pick them up.

Crack that whip

What?! :eek: Where'd you hear this?

I just bought Volume 3 there yesterday, at full price! I haven't opened my copy, though; I wonder whether I can return it and then buy it again for less.

For that matter, it wasn't that long ago that I bought the first two; I wonder if I can get them to just match the new price and issue a partial refund...

Crack that whip

Sweetness - I just got off the phone with my local BB where I bought these, and they confirmed a sale and that they would indeed do a retroactive price match refund, or whatever one calls it. Score!
:D (y)

Avilos

GGguuurrrrahhhhh!!!! :mad:

I should have waited to buy volume 3! I still have not received mine from Amazon. Anyone ever return an order from there?

That what this should have been priced all along!

Avilos

tupogirl said:
:O

We got the second volume USED for $44!

Lucky! I am surprised that means someone bought the set and sold it shortly after.

Where in the Midwest do you live tupogirl? I live in Wisconsin.