DVD sale prices

Crack that whip

Just to follow up on my earlier post, I did indeed go to BB with my receipts (fortunately I still had the one from my purchase of the first two volumes), and they indeed refunded the difference - that saved me $129! Woohoo! More money for other things. :) (y)

Avilos said:
GGguuurrrrahhhhh!!!! :mad:

I should have waited to buy volume 3! I still have not received mine from Amazon. Anyone ever return an order from there?

That what this should have been priced all along!

Avilos, I ordered Amazon's "Deluxe Edition" of the Across the Universe soundtrack CD back in February, and almost immediately after realized there was more than one Deluxe Edition (!) - the one sold at Best Buy has two additional tracks that aren't on the one sold at Amazon, so I returned the one I got from Amazon. Since it was considered my error (I simply ordered something from them I didn't want, since I wanted another version sold elsewhere), they didn't refund all of my money, but close; I think I had to pay for the return shipping costs, which they just deducted from my original purchase amount before refunding the rest to me. I hadn't opened the item yet, so I didn't have any other trouble with the return.

Crack that whip

Best Buy sale: The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones, any volume, $49.99

Thread title is self-explanatory; thanks to alert Ravener doesitmatter for the heads-up, which he originally provided in the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles forum. I thought it should be noted here as well since it deals specifically with acquisition of these DVDs, as opposed to their content.

I don't know whether it runs one week or two, but it should be at least one. Note that if you already bought any of these there recently and still have the receipt, you should be able to get BB to refund the difference between the regular price and the sale price, as I did this afternoon.

(y) :whip:

Lao Che Pun

I hate to say it....but all of these volumes of YIJC will go for dirt cheap in a few months. Bottomline is that I don't think there's as much of a demand as Lucasfilm hopes there is. No one's currently cutting prices because we're all in anticipation of KotCS.

Michael24

I just picked up Volume 1 at Costco this afternoon. They have all three for $68.99, which is the cheapest I've seen them around here.

DrHapgood

$49.99 is the price I was waiting for. Plus an extra comic book. I'm sold.

I'll finally be picking up all 3 volumes at Best Buy in the morning. :cool:

tupogirl

Avilos said:
Lucky! I am surprised that means someone bought the set and sold it shortly after.

Where in the Midwest do you live tupogirl? I live in Wisconsin.

Yes, the set was open but in pristine condition.

Howdy, neighbor! I'm in MN. We were just in Hudson this weekend. Wisconsin is a fabulous state!

doesitmatter said:
I just heard that Best Buy is dropping the prices on all three Young Indy DVDS to $49 thanks to the special editions coming out this week.

I've been renting the series on Netflix because they were simply too expensive but now I may pick them up.

Does BestBuy's online-shop ship internationally? I couldn't find anything about it on their site (which probably means they don't...)

tupogirl

I finally got Volume 1 and Volume 3!

Volume 3's 'Mystery of the Blues' disc was loose and has a scratch on the back, so we'll see if it's playable...

doesitmatter said:
I'm not sure about international (would they even work in your region?) but you can buy them for the sale price online

I know that they have it at their inline-shop, that's why I've asked about them shipping internationally ;)

And region-free-players are basically the standard here in Germany.

doesitmatter

I went to Best Buy and got EVERYTHING. Looks like they didn't restock Young Indy since I got the only Volume 3 they had. There was no sign either so I asked one of the employees to double check that it was on sale. The sticker price on Volume 1 said $115!

Got the three movies too. They each came with a Dark Horse comic and the new extras 12 bucks I paid for each. I slipped them into the 2003 box and someone will get my original dvds. I'm keeping the old bonus disc though.

I've just seen that Amazon.com has dropped their prices to $ 49.99 as well, so that problem is solved... now I can't decide if I get them now (and most probably have to pay customs), or wait until December (when the limit for custom-free import into Germany will be raised from the ancient 22 Euros to a whopping 150 Euros) :dead:

WeAreGoingToDie

First post!

Thanks for the heads up on Best Buy sale prices! I bought Young Indy Volume 2 online for pick-up in store, pretty sweet system if you can't make it out to the store right away and want a sale item secured!

I JUST may pick up Volume 3 when i get there as well, these low prices won't last forever. Besides, I've abstained from the Blockbuster DVD trunk and the trilogy double-dip, I deserve a little Indy splurge don't I? :gun:

phantom train

It's great that these are going on sale for those who couldn't afford them at the original price, but at the same time it's unfortunate that Lucas is losing $ on these sets (not that he can't afford it).
As has been discussed before on this board, I agree it would probably have been better if there had been 2 sets instead of 3, and instead of the voluminous historical documentaries there had instead been just documentaries on the making of the show. If this had been the case, each set would probably have only been $50 to begin with (maybe).

Crack that whip

Oh, don't worry about it - the sale prices are a promotional thing, not a clearance thing; they have everything to do with the fact the first three movies were reissued in new DVD editions this week and the fact the fourth movie is being released next week, rather than them just not having sold well.

Besides, I think George may not be entirely dependent upon his cut of the Young Indy DVD sales to make a living. Call me crazy...

The Young Indy DVDs should be back up to their regular prices in a week or two, I imagine (so for anyone interested who hasn't gotten them yet, scoop them up now, while it won't cost you quite so many limbs!).

tupogirl

phantom train said:
It's great that these are going on sale for those who couldn't afford them at the original price, but at the same time it's unfortunate that Lucas is losing $ on these sets (not that he can't afford it).
As has been discussed before on this board, I agree it would probably have been better if there had been 2 sets instead of 3, and instead of the voluminous historical documentaries there had instead been just documentaries on the making of the show. If this had been the case, each set would probably have only been $50 to begin with (maybe).

I'm really enjoying the documentaries though. I don't know how feasible it would have been for him, but it *would* have been nice to have 2 separate sets, 1 with the documentaries and one without. Oh well.