DVD sale prices

WeAreGoingToDie

Why not an Indiana Jones Store Exclusive DVD on the making of Young Indiana Jones? Either with a new documentary or vintage docs such as the long one floating around Youtube. Maybe include a photo gallery, interviews from the VHS releases and a deleted scenes section. Hell, even if it was $25 I'd buy it. ;)

Adamwankenobi

WeAreGoingToDie said:
Why not an Indiana Jones Store Exclusive DVD on the making of Young Indiana Jones? Either with a new documentary or vintage docs such as the long one floating around Youtube. Maybe include a photo gallery, interviews from the VHS releases and a deleted scenes section. Hell, even if it was $25 I'd buy it. ;)

I second that! (y)

WeAreGoingToDie

I've just sent the suggestion for a YIJ making-of DVD to the Indiana Jones Shop, others could do this too to get the ball rolling (figuratively, not the booby-trap). :D
I also suggested making it a store exclusive or even simply re-releasing the existing documentary found on the Japanese Laserdisc along with a photo gallery.

Send your suggestions here: http://shop.indianajones.com/contactus.xml
:whip:

Crack that whip

Getting back to the sale prices, if you find the sales somewhat distressing because you think they mean the series hasn't been selling well, phantom train, you might find it enheartening to learn that when I asked a BB employee today how long the sale would last, she told me until tomorrow, after which they'll go back up - and not only that, but they have new sticker prices on them that are higher than they were before the sale - one volume was priced at $99.99, another at over $100 (!), though I don't recall the exact amount for that one.

Presumably this means we can find joy in knowing the discs aren't selling so abysmally they need to fire-sale them. At the same time, I think anyone living near a Best Buy who wants these DVDs and hasn't gotten them yet would be well-advised to go get them today or tomorrow.

Stoo

Crack that whip said:
I think anyone living near a Best Buy who wants these DVDs and hasn't gotten them yet would be well-advised to go get them today or tomorrow.
Crack, in the realm of Raven newcomers, you are a shining star.:hat:
I'll be picking mine up on Tuesday in Canada. Monday is Victoria Day (God Bless Her) so the stores will be closed.

Crack that whip

Stoo said:
Crack, in the realm of Raven newcomers, you are a shining star.:hat:

¡Gracias!

Stoo said:
I'll be picking mine up on Tuesday in Canada. Monday is Victoria Day (God Bless Her) so the stores will be closed.

Oh? I thought you had them all already! Which DVDs do you still need?

I have all three Young Indy volumes now (and a good thing, too - I'm trying to rush through them all, and then the movies, before going to see the new movie!). I do want to get the new movie releases, but I'm still torn between the CC and BB exclusives. I should probably go with the BB ones since I know they're unique to those editions (that is, those particular DVD-sized printings of the comics aren't available elsewhere, though the content has been published in "regular" comic form), but then I do already have the regular versions of the comics (and even if I didn't, who's going to be satisfied with having just the first part of a multi-part series? Only "Shrine of the Sea-Devil" is a complete tale - but still...).

Crack that whip

Oh, and BTW, since this is the "Sale Prices" thread, I should also note that not only were the individual releases of the movies $12.99 at Best Buy, but they're just $11.99 at Circuit City (where instead of comics they come with Heritage trading cards). I don't know when the CC sale ends, though.

WeAreGoingToDie

Just picked up YIJ Volumes 2&3 at Best Buy! Last day of the discount, so go get yours NOW!
Not sure if its been mentioned, but Target also has YIJ at $49.99, unsure how long those prices last... :dead:

WeAreGoingToDie

Target is showing no love for YIJ discounts, BUT the original trilogy (of Indy, not SW) is just $10 a film until Saturday. Cheaper than the boxed set itself! :p

tupogirl

WeAreGoingToDie said:
Target is showing no love for YIJ discounts, BUT the original trilogy (of Indy, not SW) is just $10 a film until Saturday. Cheaper than the boxed set itself! :p

I *thought* I saw that! LOL. It's so tempting to buy them. Even if I buy them for my friend who keeps borrowing mine:). Then I can borrow hers, but they can live at her house. Mwahahah!!!! :cool:

Stoo

Crack that whip said:
Oh? I thought you had them all already! Which DVDs do you still need?
I have all the originals on VHS and transferred to DVD plus Volume 1 & 2 of the boxed sets.
Just went to 3 different video stores here in Montreal (Metro Video, HMV and Future Shop)
looking for Volume 3 and NONE of them had it!:mad:

Crack that whip

There are only three volumes; they cover everything.

It's conceivable (though frankly unlikely) there'll one day be a release of the TV series in its original form; the DVDs present a substantially reconfigured / altered version that completely omits the "bookends" (framing sequences set in contemporary times, with a 93-year-old Indy played by George Hall telling others of the adventures of his youth), joins together the original 45-minute episodes into 90-minute "movies" with new linking footage, and includes a fair amount of additional reediting and other changes aside from all that (including tweaking the original chronology). A number of people prefer the original version of the show, but it's not likely to be released on DVD, and certainly not any time soon. The three volumes out now are probably all the Young Indy we're going to get on DVD, at least for quite a while.

T.E.Lawrence

Stoo said:
I have all the originals on VHS and transferred to DVD plus Volume 1 & 2 of the boxed sets.
Just went to 3 different video stores here in Montreal (Metro Video, HMV and Future Shop)
looking for Volume 3 and NONE of them had it!:mad:

Dear Stoo.

Are you maybe the same person with the nick "Beowufl" (his real name was Allen) who was active at the first Young Indy forum at the Internet that was available here:

http://www.innermind.com/youngindy/bbs/bbs.htm
http://www.innermind.com/youngindy/ib/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi

He has also wrote the first Indy timeline at the time...unfortunately the page is not available any more but I was able to find it from the Internet archvie and it now here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20061129140244/http://www.theindyexperience.com/research/chronicles.php

Are you maybe the same person?

Stoo

T.E.Lawrence said:
Dear Stoo.

Are you maybe the same person with the nick "Beowufl" (his real name was Allen) who was active at the first Young Indy forum at the Internet that was available here:
No. I am familiar with those websites but that is someone else.

Future Shop in Montreal had Volume 3 at $49.99 CAN the week the movie opened.
Now, it's back up to $89.99 CAN! (Same with Best Buy, $89.99.)