DVD sale prices

ReggieSnake

Laserschwert said:
ReggieSnake said:
I just bought volume 3 on ebay for $58.
Why? it's only $49.99 on Amazon...

Edit: Daaamn, it isn't anymore... wow... and my sets just shipped a few days ago (for 49.99 each)...
Correction: it was $49, shipping was $8.:p

indyclone25

well if you want to buy them start saving your money, cause when kotcs is released on dvd those sets will most likely be on sale as well

UIMJ

indyclone25 said:
well if you want to buy them start saving your money, cause when kotcs is released on dvd those sets will most likely be on sale as well

Any word on Blu Ray for these titles?

indyclone25

UIMJ said:
Any word on Blu Ray for these titles?
no but i think if they did them ,they would put them all in a collectors set so you get all 3 volumes in one big gift set since blu-ray holds so much more memory ----
so in the first disc they may have four movies and the historical documentarys that go with each and so on ---
same with the rest of the discs and then you geta 12 disc set with no more than what would have been available on the dvd's

indyclone25

sale prices this week starting sun oct. 12th

best buy will have the young indy dvd sets on sale for 49.99 each this week ---since kotcs is coming out--- so if you don't have it, buy them this week

Plaristes

indyclone25 said:
best buy will have the young indy dvd sets on sale for 49.99 each this week ---since kotcs is coming out--- so if you don't have it, buy them this week

Wow, thanks for the heads up! :hat: I've been wanting these for a long time, but I could never justify spending the $70-$100 they're always listed for (even on ebay, the bidding almost always takes them that high anyway). But now I think I can spare $50 each! :D :D :D

bonoferox

Plaristes said:
Wow, thanks for the heads up! :hat: I've been wanting these for a long time, but I could never justify spending the $70-$100 they're always listed for (even on ebay, the bidding almost always takes them that high anyway). But now I think I can spare $50 each! :D :D :D

I saw a volume 1 for sale on amazon a few months ago for 35.99.....You have no idea how upset I was to let that go.

UIMJ

I picked up Volumes 1 and 2 two days ago at Best Buy with a hundo Gift Certificate from my Rewards Points, so in that regard I guess I lucked out twice! Still need the thrid boxed set though, but I'll wait until I make my way through the first two.

Johnny Nys

I'm hearing bad sale prices for volume one are keeping volumes 2 and 3 of being released here. Yet those two volumes are far more interesting, at least I think so personally, since they cover the war years and have the Harrison Ford cameo, to name only a few points. To be honest, Indy at age 10-12 can become a little annoying after a while ...

fommes

Johnny Nys said:
I'm hearing bad sale prices for volume one are keeping volumes 2 and 3 of being released here. Yet those two volumes are far more interesting, at least I think so personally, since they cover the war years and have the Harrison Ford cameo, to name only a few points. To be honest, Indy at age 10-12 can become a little annoying after a while ...

Well, it would also help if they had it released it decently, and not cut out all the extras... Moment I saw it, I purchased it from Amazon.co.uk instead. The only thing is the censored episode on Volume 2, so I hope they'll still release it in the Benelux.

Stoo

fommes said:
Moment I saw it, I purchased it from Amazon.co.uk instead. The only thing is the censored episode on Volume 2, so I hope they'll still release it in the Benelux.
Are you referring to the falling horse shot in "Daredevils" or is there something else?:confused:

Stoo

dr.jones1986 said:
what did they censor Stoo?
During the climax of "Daredevils", when Daniel Craig is keeping Indy pinned down with the machine gun, a charging horse crashes into the sandbags and has a terrible fall. I don't know if the actual stunt horse was injured or not but UK censors replaced the shot with something else (a close-up of Indy, I think. Never seen the edit but it was reported here in the Young Indy forum).

fommes said:
Yeah that shot. I know it's short but it's the principle :)
Agreed.

Montana Smith

I've been gradually getting more interested in the Young Indiana Jones series. So far I've been trying to ignore it - but this morning I was drawn to checking prices online here in the UK.

Play.com is my normal source for DVDs, and their prices are £28.99 delivered for each box set (Region 2).

Then I remembered Woolies went online, and have a DVD section (http://www.woolworthsentertainment.co.uk/elysium.search?search=young indiana). They have each set down to £17.97 each. These are the complete versions (31 discs in total) with hours and hours of extras.

I'm looking forward to working my way through them, as I have a lot of catching up to do. :hat:

Last edited:

indyclone25

i hope you do buy them they are very good work, especially about the history that went into the storylines , then seeing the actual events on the documentaries , :D

lao che & sons

Hans said:
Where i live they are 119.00 for one set.:whip:

what! I know a place that has them for 40.00 a piece brand new(y) (y)

I'm thinking about getting vol. 3 to check 'em out and for the mystery of the blues episode! then if I like them I'll get vol. 1 and 2