Ideas for new season of Young Indy

Flannery10

Ok, guys let's face it. The series was good, but it never was a hit and I'm pretty sure Lucas won't make another season of Young Indy. But what if he changed his mind (which would be a pleasant surprise) and really gave it another try.

These are some ideas for a new season:

Never filmed episodes:
Princeton, May 1905: Indy meets Paul Robeson
Jerusalem, June 1909: Indy meets Abner Ravenwood, who is trying to find a sacred relic (probably the ark)
Melbourne, March 1910: Indy meets Harry Houdini and flys in a balloon with him
LeHavre, June 1916: Indy and Remy meet Jean Renouir and they are being teached how to fight in battles
Flanders, July 1916: Indy, Remy and Jaques fight in Flanders (this episode was mentioned in trenches of hell)
Berlin, Late August 1916: Indy escapes from prison and flees to berlin
Bombay, April 1919: Indy meets Gandhi, while Remy is still searching for the diamond
Honduras, December 1920: Indy meets Belloq for the first time
Brazil, December 1921: Indy and Belloq are searching for a lost city.

Those and a couple of other scripts existed and were planned to be filmed. It would be hard to find new Young Indy actors. For the five year old Indy they would have to find someone completely unknown I guess. I have no idea who could take over Corey Carriers part, but maybe you have an idea.

To replace Flannery shouldn't be much of a problem. He was 28 when he made the series, so thats the age the producers will have to look for. Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) would be a good choice, but he has a british accent. Does anybody have a picture of Corey Carrier from these days? Because he should be about 25 (perfect age).

I liked the George Hall bookends, but I suggest they should make a couple more with Harrison Ford, like the one in Mystery of the Blues.

Ronny Coutteure, who played Remy, died in 2000, and he really was a unique actor. It would be really hard to replace him.

Do you have any ideas about a new season? Historical persons you would like to see, actors who could play indy and other stuff? Then post your ideas here, I'm looking forward to your replies.

Stoo

Here were some more planned episodes:

1905: other stories
Russia, March 1909
Geneva, May 1909
Stockholm, December 1909
Tokyo, April 1910
Moscow, March 1918: Indy works with anti-revolutionaries to allow a U.S. takeover.
Buenos Aires, June 1919: Indy is robbed returning to U.S. and works as a tutor.
Havana, December 1919: Indy & Dad see Babe Ruth outbatted by a black player.
Alaska, June 1921: Race to deliver medical supplies by dogsled while studying "eskimos".

More details on some of those you listed:

-The Ark is what Abner was looking for and that episode was supposed to fit with a
later story at the Univ. of Chicago. ("Peacock's Eye" references the Jerusalem dig).
-Houdini takes Indy up in a plane in Melbourne. (Referenced in Palestine, 1917).
-In Berlin, Indy is trying to escape Germany and decides not to return home to U.S.
He meets future, female reporter, Sigrid Schultz.
-Indy defends Remy who is accused of murdering drill sergeant in Le Havre.
-Remy and Indy fight before splitting up in the Bombay episode.
-In Honduras, Belloq steals a CRYSTAL SKULL and sells it on the black market.
-In Brazil, Belloq & Indy meet Col. Fawcett (precursor to "Seven Veils" book).

It kills me that Honduras and Brazil were never made!

Avilos

Flannery10 said:
Honduras, December 1920: Indy meets Belloq for the first time
Brazil, December 1921: Indy and Belloq are searching for a lost city.

I always wondered why this was not done as one of the TV-movies made for Family Channel. It would have made a nice finale to the whole series. Setting up the events of Raiders as well. As it is, Young Indy ends with "Hollywood Follies". Which is one of my favorites but does not really work as a finale.

I would have liked to see Indy meet H. G. Wells in the show. He lived until 1945. Indy mentions being a fan of his books at one point. I think that could have been a great episode.

Also he could have met Walt Disney. Who like Indy also lied about his age to serve in WWI. He was an ambulance driver.

Rivers

>>Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) would be a good choice<<

You have got to be friggin kidding????
Worst casting idea ever.

otto rahn

Stoo said:
Here were some more planned episodes:

1905: other stories
Russia, March 1909
Geneva, May 1909
Stockholm, December 1909
Tokyo, April 1910
Moscow, March 1918: Indy works with anti-revolutionaries to allow a U.S. takeover.
Buenos Aires, June 1919: Indy is robbed returning to U.S. and works as a tutor.
Havana, December 1919: Indy & Dad see Babe Ruth outbatted by a black player.
Alaska, June 1921: Race to deliver medical supplies by dogsled while studying "eskimos".

More details on some of those you listed:

-The Ark is what Abner was looking for and that episode was supposed to fit with a
later story at the Univ. of Chicago. ("Peacock's Eye" references the Jerusalem dig).
-Houdini takes Indy up in a plane in Melbourne. (Referenced in Palestine, 1917).
-In Berlin, Indy is trying to escape Germany and decides not to return home to U.S.
He meets future, female reporter, Sigrid Schultz.
-Indy defends Remy who is accused of murdering drill sergeant in Le Havre.
-Remy and Indy fight before splitting up in the Bombay episode.
-In Honduras, Belloq steals a CRYSTAL SKULL and sells it on the black market.
-In Brazil, Belloq & Indy meet Col. Fawcett (precursor to "Seven Veils" book).

It kills me that Honduras and Brazil were never made!
Might we get a reference to Belloq's involvement with the crystal skull in the new movie ?

Flannery10

Rivers said:
>>Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) would be a good choice<<

You have got to be friggin kidding????
Worst casting idea ever.

I know:) , but do you have any other ideas who could play a young indy? I really can't think of that many people, just corey carrier perhaps (anyone knows how he looks now?)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=472469&in_page_id=1773 (Got the Radcliffe idea from this picture, of him in a world war I uniform, i know he doesn't look like indy at all, just thought about him being indy for a second, but you're right. stupid idea)

Belloq isn't involved in the new movie, as far as I know, but they planned to make a young indy episode about the crystal skull, as stoo already said, which is where lucas got the idea from (can't give you a reference, but I read an interview a month ago, where lucas says so.)

Last edited:

IndyJr.

Indiana Jones - Corey Carrier
Indiana Jones (In his 60's) - Harrison Ford

Corey's 27, I beleive.

Stoo

Flannery10 said:
Belloq isn't involved in the new movie, as far as I know, but they planned to make a young indy episode about the crystal skull, which is where lucas got the idea from (can't give you a reference, but I read an interview a month ago, where lucas says so.)
I already mentioned this above (which is why the question was asked).
Didn you not read my post? I am so crushed...:rolleyes:

Flannery10

otto rahn said:
Might we get a reference to Belloq's involvement with the crystal skull in the new movie ?

Of course, I read it. :) Great info, didn't know there were that many episodes planed. I was answering otto rahn's question, who wanted to know if Belloq is going to be in Indy 4.

Stoo

He wanted to know if Indy 4 would include a *reference* to Belloq and the Honduras story..
Belloq is dead, remember?:dead:

Flannery10

Stoo said:
He wanted to know if Indy 4 would include a *reference* to Belloq and the Honduras story..
Belloq is dead, remember?:dead:

I know, but you should remember the priest in temple of doom, who could rip people's hearts out and they would still live, the 900 year old knight in the last crusade and the holy water that would let you live forever. So, I really wouldn't be that surprised if Belloq would be alive after all (or a ghost), but I didn't hear about paul freeman being involved in the movie, so he probably won't make an appearance.

Or (which is a little more likely) the intro scene will feature a scene in honduras and young belloq and young indy looking for a crystal skull (just as last crusade, which also featured a younger indy)

He wanted to know if there would be a reference, yes, but i'm not a native english speaker so I dind't get that until you pointed it out to me. thanks;)

Last edited:

Avilos

I think a reference to Belloq is certainly possible. He would have had a long career as a treasure hunter before his death. Lucas tends to have Indy tell one of the supporting characters the history of the McGuffins in the film. SO us the audience learns it as well. SO a little mention of Belloq's interest in Crystal Skulls is possible. Particularly as a reference to Marion.

NoCamels

I think it would be great if they had unused scripts and turned them into a book or series of books- "The Lost Adventures of Young Indiana Jones" !

I would have loved to see the Christmas Truce in an episode. I can just see Indy being the translator between the two sides.

Was there an episode planned about the Titanic, too or is that just a rumor?

metalinvader

NoCamels said:
Was there an episode planned about the Titanic, too or is that just a rumor?

titanic.jpg

There's this book...Indy and Ms.Seymour travel on the Titantic... so-so story.

Junior Jones

I don't think there's actually much chance of seeing the series return to episodic television, but I've made my own attempt at continuing the series on my own. You can read my version here. There's a lot of historical research in the two "Chronicles continue" stories. Feedback is welcome.

edit to add: I know my web design skills are lacking. Hopefully it won't detract from your enjoyment of the stories.

metalinvader

Sweet,You converted Instruments of Chaos into a story.I will be sure to read it since I love that game!:)

Speaking of Instruments of Chaos,Has anybody actually been to Germany in that game?The game is kinda bad but I love playing it.It's funny that the most deadly animals in the game are the wild life.Those bird kill me every time in India!

Flannery10

Junior Jones said:
I don't think there's actually much chance of seeing the series return to episodic television, but I've made my own attempt at continuing the series on my own. You can read my version here. There's a lot of historical research in the two "Chronicles continue" stories. Feedback is welcome.

edit to add: I know my web design skills are lacking. Hopefully it won't detract from your enjoyment of the stories.

Good idea! I already started reading Princeton 1905. You did a lot of research obviously! Did you make everything up on your own or did you find some more details about the plot Lucas invented for the planned episodes?

Junior Jones

Flannery10 said:
You did a lot of research obviously! Did you make everything up on your own or did you find some more details about the plot Lucas invented for the planned episodes?

All I know about what Lucas had planned for these episodes has already been posted earlier in this thread. But based on those hints I did a lot of historical research and there were some things that obviously had to be there. The rest I just made up myself.

Flannery10

Just finished 1905. Great ideas about teaching Indy the rassism in the USA. Did you make up his little sister or was that mentioned anywhere in the official Indiana Jones merchandise? And are you planning on writing more episodes? Would love to read some more stories, you have written.