Ideas for new season of Young Indy

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Well... I'm sorry in advance if anyone thinks this sucks, but I personally think it works. And it depends on the assumption that Marion is Mrs Jones.

Circa 1995- Supposedly three years after Marion's death. Indy's oldest grand daughter, Annie (correct the name if I'm wrong!) a 15 year old has been caught out by her parents, sneaking out to see an older guy from school that she fancies. Her parents and her have a bit of a blowout, and Old Indy just so happens to be visiting and witnesses the confrontation. Annie runs to her room after being grounded and forbidden to see the guy again.

Old Indy warns her parents (from what KOTCS is looking like and based on a very accurate fan made timeline and on the TV series, the mother is Indy's adopted daughter) that forbidding her is the worst thing to do and to let him talk to her. They allow him.

Annie allows Old Indy into her room. He tells her he understands and asks her about this guy. He's only 2 years older and Dad just doesn't like him because he's kind of a rebel and is friends with the guy's father. Old Indy explains that he was once in a very similar situation when he met a girl who was a lot younger but was very wise beyond her years and her father was a good friend to him...

DISSOLVE TO UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO, 1926....

END OF FLASHBACK...

Annie: "10 years is a lot of difference. Did you ever make up with her? Did you two ever see each other again?"

Old Indy: "We did. Again and again. She was your grandmother, Marion. It seems Fate, Annie, had a different idea to Abner. But, as for this situation, well there'll be others, Annie. If it's meant to be, then it will be. But, your parents and I don't want you to get hurt. Especially the way your grandmother was."

Her parents enter. They heard the whole story and said it would be ok for Annie to be with the guy but be careful and don't sneak out. Cue happy ending and end credits.

Last edited:

No Ticket

You know, I never really thought about it, but seeing a young Indy with Marion and Abner Ravenwood would have sparked my interest. Much more so than what we got as YIJC. I would definitely have enjoyed seeing that!

Adamwankenobi

Violet Indy said:
Old Indy explains that he was once in a very similar situation when he met a girl who was a lot younger but was very wise beyond her years and her father was a good friend to him...

LOL, that's similar to what Archduke Franz Ferdinand tells young Indy when he asks to marry his daughter in "Vienna, November 1908".

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Adamwankenobi said:
LOL, that's similar to what Archduke Franz Ferdinand tells young Indy when he asks to marry his daughter in "Vienna, November 1908".

Yeah, I just realised that after I posted.;) I had to look at the comic book version just to be sure. But still, you could always change Old Indy's dialogue to tailor fit it more to the story. I would have change it a little but not being completely certain about the story of Indy and Marion, but have often thought about writing it as fan fic, it becomes tedious to adjust especially for those who disagree with the Indyfan timeline which I personally prefer to follow as it is the most exhastive and comprehensive timeline ever, and disagree that Marion was only 15. Karen Allen looks too old to have been 25 (not that she doesn't look great, which she does, but I found her more believable as 27/28ish in Raiders).

@metalinvader, Shazam and Flannery10- Glad you all like it. :) I'd like to see what Matinee thinks...

Matinee Idyll

Basil Brush is wonderful! :)

Oh wait, wrong thread... ;)

Nice one Violet, fits nicely with both the tone of the previous bookends - bridging the generational gap as the best ones did, and would've contributed well to the episode.

Now to write to Mr. Lucas and ask him to make it! (y)

Flannery10

Matinee Idyll said:
Now to write to Mr. Lucas and ask him to make it! (y)

After he released all the other original bookends on DVD ;), would be great if Lucas really made that Marion episode as a special TV-Event , although it definetely won't feature George Hall (I really liked the way he played Old Indy)

Adamwankenobi

Violet Indy said:
Yeah, I just realised that after I posted.;) I had to look at the comic book version just to be sure.

In mirroring "Vienna, November 1908", I think it would nicely reflect how situations in life are common among all people. In that particular episode, Miss Seymour talks about this, when Indy is surprised that people 500 years ago had the same problems with love as he did. :)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I have always problems with that... My recent one is the fact that I've been single for two years. Good for the fact that I'm not with any jerks like previous, bad, that I don't have someone to bug to get out on the town and dress up as Indy for Supanova....:p

Anyway... If only I knew Lucas. If I ever make it anytime soon, I would sooooo write and direct it.... Well, I can dream, can't I? ;) As for that comment on reflection that you bought up, Adam, I remember the guy who does "Clone Wars" saying how much Lucas likes the whole reflecting thing, so Indy saying that dialogue would work. Of course, knowing Lucas, he'd probably put the Vienna episode with the Marion episode (if it ever happens) just based on that dialogue. :p

Matinee Idyll

Violet Indy said:
I have always problems with that... My recent one is the fact that I've been single for two years. Good for the fact that I'm not with any jerks like previous, bad, that I don't have someone to bug to get out on the town and dress up as Indy for Supanova....:p

If you don't have anyone to go with by next May, PM me - I'd be happy to fly up and attend the premiere with ye! (Erm, probably won't dress up though). :)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I'm not dressing up for the premiere. I am cosplaying with friends at Supanova (mind you, anime freaks :rolleyes: a friend of mine's going as a chikobo from Final Fantasy, I think she's nuts!)

Anyway... Very nice of you to offer. Let's just see how things go. :hat:

Flannery10

When I watched London, May 1916 yesterday, I thought about the famous language scene and a couple others and realised you can see what countries Indy visited and therefore what episodes could have been made.

ok, first they speak french (Paris, September 1908), then german (Vienna, November 1908), then italian (Florence, May 1908), hungarian (no episode I could think of), swedish (a Stockholm episode was planned), greek (Travels with Father) and Arabic (where did he learn that?). Indy also mentions his trip to China once, when he and Vicky meet the poor woman and her children.
Le Havre (a planned episode) was mentioned right at the end, when Indy talks to Miss Seymour.

A lot of episodes actually foreshadow events in later and planned episodes. In Palestine Indy talks about his trip to Australia for a second (plans for that episode were confirmed) and in the bookends of Travels with Father, we find out about Paul Robeson and Indy being friends (Princeton, 1905 was planned). Curse of the Jackal foreshadowed Indys affair with Mata Hari (when he and his cousin see her picture in the magazine).

There are several more and I hope you'll help me find them.

Stoo

The bookends for ?Travels with Father? don?t mention Paul Robeson.
That part the story is only in the full ?Princeton 1919? episode.
Le Havre is also brought up briefly in ?Germany Early August 1916?
Old Indy alludes to Australia (?I knew Houdini!?) in the bookends from
?Germany Late August 1916? and ?Peacock?s Eye? has Indy referring
to the Jerusalem/Abner dig. At the end of ?Vienna?, Old Indy says
that he meets Princess Sophie again...

Plus there?s another language competition in ?Transylvania?.
Indy knows sign language! I would assume his Arabic was learned
in Egypt.

Flannery10

Yeah, the Egypt arabic thing is possible, I just never heard him speak it in Curse of the Jackal. Also, you're probably right about Princeton and Robeson, too since I've never seen the original Travels with Father bookends (which is sad). You don't have those too by any chance?
Now that you mentioned it, I also remember Peacock's reference to the Jerusalem dig, but I haven't found any more.