Ideas for new season of Young Indy

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I remember the Jerusalem reference. I think he's says it when Remy and him are looking at the headstone with Alexander the Great on it... Now, I have to go back and watch it!

Stoo

I could tell you where it is, VioletIndy, but would rather give you
a reason to watch it again!
Flannery10 said:
Also, you're probably right about Princeton and Robeson, too since I've never seen the original Travels with Father bookends (which is sad). You don't have those too by any chance?
Yes, mein freund, I have all of the original episodes ? N.America & Europe.
(Everything except the opening bookends of ?Florence?).
I made a list on this same subject about years 10 ago!:)

Flannery10

Ausgezeichnet, mein Freund! Thank god, you kept the old tapes and didn't overwrite them. Now, you have something many Young Indy fans want to have and see. Hope you'll keep your promise about posting them!

Adamwankenobi

Stoo said:
I could tell you where it is, VioletIndy, but would rather give you
a reason to watch it again!
Yes, mein freund, I have all of the original episodes – N.America & Europe.
(Everything except the opening bookends of “Florence”).
I made a list on this same subject about years 10 ago!:)

*drools* ;)

IndyJr. said:
Corey Carrier ... Indiana Jones

simple as that...

Lucas shold have asked him to do a cameo of some sort in KOTC. (y)

Flannery10

Well, I have to be honest with you, yes I watched the Tangiers segment, but I was so upset about Indy looking much older than the Egypt segment, I was distracted and forgot a lot of details about Tangiers. The re-editing of My First Adventure and the narrating voice of Corey Carrier, really sucked (n) (don't get me wrong, I love Corey as Young Indy, but compared to the perfect Curse of the Jackal narration of George Hall, the new version is so much worse).
You're definetely right though, he learned to speak Arabic in that episode

The_Minority

Yeah, I found the older Corey a little distracting as well. But fortunately I have both versions of the Young indy! I have the original episodes with the old indy bookends, even the rare transylvania bookend, as well as the newly edited movies! So, I'm quite happy in the fact that I get to watch old indy segments even though he's gone from the new dvds.

Plus I already have all the edited movies on dvd that I got last year. It kind of sucks, because I made all these dvd covers for each case and put them on my bookshelf, thinking that young indy would never ever come out, and low and behold! But I'm happy that other people now get to enjoy these great works!

Adamwankenobi

Flannery10 said:
Well, I have to be honest with you, yes I watched the Tangiers segment, but I was so upset about Indy looking much older than the Egypt segment, I was distracted and forgot a lot of details about Tangiers. The re-editing of My First Adventure and the narrating voice of Corey Carrier, really sucked (n) (don't get me wrong, I love Corey as Young Indy, but compared to the perfect Curse of the Jackal narration of George Hall, the new version is so much worse).
You're definetely right though, he learned to speak Arabic in that episode

Those are my exact feelings. And the Corey Carrier narration is downright annoying. Listening to a pubsecent, voice-cracking boy reminiscing is just kind of awkward.

metalinvader

Adamwankenobi said:
Those are my exact feelings. And the Corey Carrier narration is downright annoying. Listening to a pubsecent, voice-cracking boy reminiscing is just kind of awkward.

The narration wasn't to bad,It was just his voice it was so freaking bad! UGH!!! I could just imagine his voice cracking...

I did like the new scene of toddler Indy meeting puppy Indy for the first time.(y)

Flannery10

metalinvader said:
The narration wasn't to bad,It was just his voice it was so freaking bad! UGH!!! I could just imagine his voice cracking...

I did like the new scene of toddler Indy meeting puppy Indy for the first time.(y)

Yeah, that's one of the better new scenes of the re-edited episodes. The narration was somewhat similar to what George Hall said in Curse of the Jackal, but yeah it really was Corey's voice, that upset me.

IndyJr.

Who here thinks having Indy sent back to the front momentarily and meeting Alvin York in the trenches is a good idea? Then have him sent back to the espionage to continue his espionage work?

Alvin York's "big moment" was in 1918 (so Indy would be in the espionage)

There must be SOME way to get Indy back in the trenches just long enough to meet York. :whip:

Adamwankenobi

IndyJr. said:
Who here thinks having Indy sent back to the front momentarily and meeting Alvin York in the trenches is a good idea? Then have him sent back to the espionage to continue his espionage work?

There must be SOME way to get Indy back in the trenches just long enough to meet York. :whip:

Or maybe he could meet Paul Bäumer from All Quiet on the Western Front. ;)

Flannery10

Adamwankenobi said:
Or maybe he could meet Paul Bäumer from All Quiet on the Western Front. ;)

That would be funny, and it has been suggested that Indy could have met Rose and Jack in a Titanic episode, already. But has that ever been done, in any Young Indy episode? Add an already existing fictional character to the series. I don't think so and in my opinion, it would have been bad, to mix those two universes up, but it would have been funny, no doubt.

As for the Walt Disney and Alvin York idea, that would have been possible, certainly, but I have to say, another trench episode, really isn't neccesary. Somme and Verdun caught the whole atmosphere perfectly and I don't know what they would have done in a Flanders episode.

Stoo

IndyJr. said:

There must be SOME way to get Indy back in the trenches just long enough to meet York.
Sometime before the beginning of ?Peacock?s Eye? would be the perfect place.
Indy & Remy were both back in the trenches and it was 1918.
Flannery10 said:
That would be funny, and it has been suggested that Indy could have met Rose and Jack in a Titanic episode, already. But has that ever been done, in any Young Indy episode? Add an already existing fictional character to the series. I don't think so and in my opinion, it would have been bad, to mix those two universes up, but it would have been funny, no doubt.
Meeting Molly Brown? Yes. Meeting characters from a J.Cameron movie? No!(n)

As for other fictional characters, I was checking to see if General Torgo from ?Transylvania?
was based on an actual person and it seems he was created by MARVEL COMICS in 1970!?!?
Is that bizarre, or what? They have him as vampire who was once a General that had fought
against Attila the Hun. Does anyone know if Torgo really existed?

Flannery10

Historical people on the Titanic is something completely different again and yeah, that would have been pretty good!

Adamwankenobi

Speaking of seasons, where was the official cut-off mark for season 1, and the beginning of season 2? I say this because most sites on the internet show season 1 as consisting of six episodes (Curse of the Jackal through the Congo episode), and season 2 beginning with "Austria, March 1917". But I've also read several sources (including TheRaider.net) which indicate that season 2 began with the "Mystery of the Blues".

Which one is correct?

Stoo

Adamwankenobi said:
and season 2 beginning with "Austria, March 1917". But I've also read several sources (including TheRaider.net) which indicate that season 2 began with the "Mystery of the Blues".

Which one is correct?
This is misleading because of the term "season". Excluding, the '94-96 movies,
"Chronicles" was shown in 4 blocks:

1992 Spring - "Jackal" to "Congo"
(then 5 months later...)
1992 Fall - "Austria" to "Barcelona"
(then 5 months later...)
1993 Spring - "Blues" to "Northern Italy"
(then 2 months later...)
1993 Summer - "Train of Doom" to "Paris 1919"

What I want to know is the original air-dates for the non-US episodes.
I've never found this info anywhere!:(