Volume Three, The Years of Change

metalinvader

Ltdefense said:
I want to make sure I end in a high note, though, any recommendations on which one I should watch last?

Well,I'd say Hollywood Follies since it is the last one in the series...It's far from being the best episode but it's alright.

Adamwankenobi

Ltdefense said:
So, these DVDs are my first time getting to see this show. Really enjoying it so far!

I want to make sure I end in a high note, though, any recommendations on which one I should watch last?

Although I usually recommend chronological order with these types of things, if you want to go out with a bang, watch "Mystery of the Blues" last. You'll see why. ;)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
metalinvader said:
Well,I'd say Hollywood Follies since it is the last one in the series...It's far from being the best episode but it's alright.

I think this is a safe choice. It's last 10 minutes or so are definitely related to the original trilogy, and <I>Raiders</I> in particular, in a way that says to me they knew it was the last Young Indy, chronologically.

metalinvader

Adamwankenobi said:
Although I usually recommend chronological order with these types of things, if you want to go out with a bang, watch "Mystery of the Blues" last. You'll see why. ;)

That would be quite a bang! It also get me thinking...Mystery of the blues is still the only uncut episode thus making it a flashback...So I guess you could watch it last without blowing any continuity.Plus like adam said..You would really go out in a bang..

Ltdefense,You do know about the mystery of the blues bookends that THANKFULLY have remained in the episode,right?

Ltdefense

I know one of them has Harrison Ford bookends, is Mystery of the Blues the one?

Hearing Hollywood Follies ends with some Raiders nods makes that one a tempting offer too...glad it's a solid enough season to have a few contenders!

Ltdefense

Well, I'll wait and see the Harrison Ford one when I get the discs in april

I've seen one or two of the George Hall ones, wasn't a big fan. I don't like seeing Indy as sort of a doddering old guy...maybe I'd like them better if I had grown up watching them, though.

Ltdefense

Oh, and when I say I've seen the george hall ones, I just mean youtube clips, not entire episodes. So I might like them better in the context of the full episode. Been digging these mini-movies, though!

So, it's looking like Mystery of the Blues is the best way to end the series for me?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I'd say so. Especially if you see KOTCS afterwards. You'll get what I mean when you see the HF bookends. Now that I think about it, this would have been a better way to end the series. It seems more reasonable than Follies because in Mystery you see Indy at college and Follies talks about Indy trying to get enough money for his tuition. I don't know if you see him much at college in Scandal, (I've never seen Scandal), but if you don't really, then it makes more sense.

tupogirl

I was just watching the Paris 1919 one last night. It's so depressing. You just see idealistic Indy crushed to bits:(. Not literally... I'm excited but a little sad too. Is this the end of Young Indy?

Flannery10

tupogirl said:
I was just watching the Paris 1919 one last night. It's so depressing. You just see idealistic Indy crushed to bits:(. Not literally... I'm excited but a little sad too. Is this the end of Young Indy?

If you mean chronologically, no. Paris, 1919 is followed by the great episode Mystery of the Blues, starring Harrison Ford as Old Indiana Jones. Then we have Scandal of 1920 and Holloywood Follies, light-hearted and a little silly. No, the end of the series isn't that depressing.

tupogirl

Flannery10 said:
If you mean chronologically, no. Paris, 1919 is followed by the great episode Mystery of the Blues, starring Harrison Ford as Old Indiana Jones. Then we have Scandal of 1920 and Holloywood Follies, light-hearted and a little silly. No, the end of the series isn't that depressing.

Aw, I'm sorry...no, I've seen almost all of them;). He is just so *sad* in that one, and the world is sad in that one.

The series does make a heck of a lot more sense in order though:p. I watched Secret Service last night for the first time probably since it came on tv. I had no idea why he was in France fighting and then Africa and then seemed to be spying without any reason at all, lol. It's probably one of my favorite episodes now, being that it is *so* Indy!

Crack that whip

So... here it is, April 28th, one day before this final volume hits store shelves. Who's picking it up tomorrow?

Last edited:

metalinvader

Crack that whip said:
So... here it is, April 18th, one day before this final volume hits store shelves. Who's picking it up tomorrow?

I'll be one of them.:hat:

On my Indy toy run today,I actually asked a clerk at Target if I could buy this early,No luck.

Crack that whip

Oops - I meant April 28th, obviously. Oh, well.

I want it now now now, but it'll be a while before I actually sit down and watch it all anyway - I'm currently going through the entire series, from "My First Adventure" to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in sequence (more or less, anyway - as much as the series itself will permit :p ;) ) between now and the 22nd, and I'm actually still only partway through Vol. 1.