KOTCS's relation to YIJC

Anyway. I doubt there will be a reference, I'd love if there was though. I mean as has been mentioned by Avilos it is the first movie made with the Young Indy Chronicles Being there, so maybe.. Possibly in a briefing given to a Russian agent on Jones, 'he fought in WW1, worked for French Intelligence, Yadda Yadda Yadda' It definetly won't be anything major, yeah, like MetalinVader says, a jackel on his desk, that'd be nice. It all depends if the prop department are Young Indy Fans I suppose. Maybe a photo of his Mom in the backround, or an old photo of himself when he looked like Flanery, blink and you'll miss it sorta stuff.

Just reading over some of my old posts, sorry if I come off as a little harsh, I just find it all a little ridiculous, another fine topic derailed.

Last edited:

IndyJr.

Sankara said:
Yes, I'm right! "Young Indy" was a flop and if there is a reference to it in "Indy 4" - 99.99 percent of the audience wouldn't catch it.

Listen Sankara... Yes, the film did suffer some critics reviews. But those are critics. You're paying too much attention to the critics and not the fans and even the non-fans!

yes, because of the abundance of "educational values" in the film, it lost some stars... also because of George Hall... I don't agree with these terms, but in the DVD George Hall was removed and the educational boosts the ratings IMO.

Let me ask you something, when was the last time you saw a Young Indy flick? Have you seen them all? Which one was it? I bet you it was Hollywood Follies and Mystery of the Blues. Of course if that's all you saw you would have your doubts!

Have you yet seen Demons of Deception part 1 (Verdun, 1916). Phantom Train of Doom, Oganga, Attack of the Hawkmen, Adventures in the Secret Service. I can go on! These stories are impelling and in some moments are chilling and they are very thrilling! You only have a personal vendetta because you saw one YOU didn't like. Not everyone has your opinion (thank God). Yes, some have taste to what they watch. And yes, most of who buy Young Indy DVDs do have sense and do know what their buying and buy it because they like it... yes... comparitavly 40,000 may be a small number (to some). But let me remind you, it's only been out like a month (if I can remember). What do you expect every Indy fan to buy it the first day? I didn't get Volume 1 until Dec. 15th! And Volume 2 Dec. 25th. Does that make me a non-Indy fan? No; I watched them straight through in 3 days matter of fact!

My cousin loves the Indy films and Young Indy. He's yet to buy the Young Indy DVD set yet. Does that mean he hates them?

I also think it's interesting that everyone on this forum (for the most part) thinks the series are great (except for you). Why is that I wonder?

I ask you...why are you in a Young Indy board to only complain to many who love it, that it's horrible. Among this crowd you will not change people's minds about it. Just give up.

IndyJr.

Also... he says he's been a fan ever since you were born... but I bet you he's 10 and just figured out how to type and therefor comes to "enlighten" us... he's exploring the internet and forums and thinks it's "fun".

I can tell by how he's acting that it's EXACTLY like what I use to do in my younger days!

I guarantee he's 13 or younger...

Shazam

Sankara is entitled to his own opinions. With that said are we not allowed to be afforded the same courtesy. We like the show; if you don't like it stay away from this corner of the forum.

Matinee Idyll

Just ignore Sankara guys, he's just acting the goat.

Anyone who can watch 'Verdun' or 'London' and deny their brilliance has no taste.

And anyone who would carry a personal vendetta against a show because 1 or 2 of the 44 EPISODES are below part, well, they're an idiot.

We know what's right. :)

Sankara

@Indyjr.

As you all know I'm a long time Indiana Jones-Fan and expert. I've got a really huge Indy-Collection, I traveld to the locations of the movies and-and-and...

So:Of course I've got EVERY Episode of "Young Indy" and I saw the most Episodes a few times. The Verdun-Episode was my favourite. Great music, great camera BUT: it has nothing to with Indiana Jones!

In my opinion "Young Indy" is to the "Indiana Jones"-Movies like the new Star Wars-Movies to the old Star Wars-Movies. Both are full of lousy ideas.

By the way: Of course I've got all Indiana Jones-Novels. These novels are lousy too.

So, who wants to bet? I don't think that there is a reference in "Indy 4".

@adamwankenobi
The Indy films have never made huge references to one another? What? Well, the ark-scene in venice is a CLEAR reference to "Raiders". Or the two Swordsman-Scene is a CLEAR referece to "Raiders".

IndyJr.

No you don't... You started it. All you did was yap at us for liking Young Indy movies. No you don't agree. You will continue to, I bet.

Flannery10

Matinee Idyll said:
Anyone who can watch 'Verdun' or 'London' and deny their brilliance has no taste.

Those are just a few of so many briliant episodes, I definetely would also add the two episodes that form Oganga now, Curse of the Jackal, British East Africa, 1909 etc. I would only give like 5 or 6 episodes less than 4 points out of 5 in the whole series.

As for your comment, metalinvader, that this has turned into the "young indy, canon or not" thread, there sadly are some people who like to go off-topic. A slight reference would certainly be possible, just as there are references in Young Indy episodes to each other, for example, we see Sophies locket in German East Africa, December 1916, which references the later Vienna episode, something like that.

metalinvader

I loved that locket reference in the Africa episode.It was simple and direct.If you didn't know where he got the locket it didn't affect the story at all.

I really like the idea of the Jackal headpiece showing up on Indys classroom or Office desk.Perhaps if Jim Broadbents character talks to Indy in one of those settings he could pick up the head piece,look at it and then put it down.A bit like what Marcus did with that brush on Indys classroom desk.

Adamwankenobi

Sankara said:
So:Of course I've got EVERY Episode of "Young Indy" and I saw the most Episodes a few times. The Verdun-Episode was my favourite. Great music, great camera BUT: it has nothing to with Indiana Jones!

I'm glad to see you recognize quality. I also see that you just don't see them as part of the Indiana Jones saga. Well... that's the character's name. It's suppose to be his younger years. Just because the series is stylistically different doesn't mean it isn't a part of the Indiana Jones saga.

Sankara said:
So, who wants to bet? I don't think that there is a reference in "Indy 4".

Well, Lucas is funding the KOTCS project, so if he wants KOTCS to reference YIJC, then it will in some way(s). Spielberg and Ford like YIJC, so I don't see them objecting, especially if the references are minor.

Sankara said:
@adamwankenobi
The Indy films have never made huge references to one another? What? Well, the ark-scene in venice is a CLEAR reference to "Raiders". Or the two Swordsman-Scene is a CLEAR referece to "Raiders".

When I say huge references, I mean that none of the other IJ films' plots have relied on references to previous IJ films in order to carry the plot. All of them have been in-jokes. The way you talk about the issue, you seem to be afraid that entire plot points of KOTCS will rely on YIJC.

metalinvader said:
I really like the idea of the Jackal headpiece showing up on Indys classroom or Office desk.Perhaps if Jim Broadbents character talks to Indy in one of those settings he could pick up the head piece,look at it and then put it down.A bit like what Marcus did with that brush on Indys classroom desk.

Though that would be neat, I don't know if that would work. Given that it is seen in a museum at the end of "Curse of the Jackal", it would seem that Indy would have given the Jackal to a museum long before KOTCS.

IndyJr.

Maybe a scene with Indy looking at some of his adventure stuff (as he has not been on an adventure in some years and he looks in his closet and sees the leather jacket, bull whip and gun and various other artifacts... why not have Princess Sophie's locket in the corner (barely seen) :D

Matinee Idyll

Adamwankenobi said:
Though that would be neat, I don't know if that would work. Given that it is seen in a museum at the end of "Curse of the Jackal", it would seem that Indy would have given the Jackal to a museum long before KOTCS.

Remember though Adam, George Hall is no longer cannon. :rolleyes:

Glad to see you defending the Chronicles on imdb, keep it up mate! :)

Adamwankenobi

IndyJr. said:
why not have Princess Sophie's locket in the corner (barely seen) :D

Man, that would be so romantic to see that he had kept the locket from his first love after all those years. (Yes, this is coming from a guy. :eek: )

Matinee Idyll said:
Remember though Adam, George Hall is no longer cannon. :rolleyes:

I'm not so sure. Lucas has said nothing publically (as far as I know) about his decision to remove those scenes, but it seems to have been done more for narrative reasons than story reasons. What I mean is that, the Old Indy stuff seems to have gone the way of "deleted scenes". :confused:

Matinee Idyll said:
Glad to see you defending the Chronicles on imdb, keep it up mate! :)

Thanks. :hat: There's lots of haters over there, but at least they keep it off of the main YIJC board.

Matinee Idyll

Adamwankenobi said:
Man, that would be so romantic to see that he had kept the locket from his first love after all those years. (Yes, this is coming from a guy. :eek: )

Never, EVER be embarrassed for being a romantic. The world needs more guys like you Adam. :)

Shazam

Adamwankenobi said:
I'm not so sure. Lucas has said nothing publically (as far as I know) about his decision to remove those scenes, but it seems to have been done more for narrative reasons than story reasons. What I mean is that, the Old Indy stuff seems to have gone the way of "deleted scenes". :confused:

Interesting. I seem to remember awhile ago after the removal of George Hall but before the new IndianaJones.com layout that the bio for our beloved hero still retained the old indy referance.

But I suppose we'll have to wait and see what the new bio says.