The Old Indiana Jones Chronicles

Adamwankenobi

Stoo said:
In general, yes, that is true but there are some exceptions. As brilliant and full-blooded
as the webpage is, that particular bit of info is, technically, incorrect.

I thought only the USA TV movies that aired from 94 to 96 lacked bookends. And technically, they aren't part of the series proper.

Stoo

These don't have any:

Phantom Train of Doom
Istanbul
Paris 1919

and 2 of the non-U.S. ones:

Prague
Palestine

I wonder if any were ever written/filmed for these and then got dropped...:confused:

Stoo

NonStop, you're certainly living up to your name!;) :whip:

If you mean the dissolves from one scene to the next that is because only
the parts with George Hall's narration are included (since they are not
commercially available). If you want to know what happens in between,
you'll have to wait until the DVDs go on sale in the U.K.!

However, if you mean "jerks" or glitches while watching it then that must be
a YouTube playback issue. I find that if you do get a glitch, just rewind a tad
and it will play the part again smoothly.

NonStop

Stoo said:
NonStop, you're certainly living up to your name!;) :whip:

If you mean the dissolves from one scene to the next that is because only
the parts with George Hall's narration are included (since they are not
commercially available). If you want to know what happens in between,
you'll have to wait until the DVDs go on sale in the U.K.!

However, if you mean "jerks" or glitches while watching it then that must be
a YouTube playback issue. I find that if you do get a glitch, just rewind a tad
and it will play the part again smoothly.

Haha, yes, sorry, I do go one a bit. Yes, i emant jerks. Will watch again. Thank you for you helpful and great service. :hat:

How much of a bit is missing in the sequence where the Joneses arrive at Medicots? Is this the bit where Henry Sr. does his college greeting thing? I've always wanted to see that..

Flannery10

Jeremiah Jones said:
How much of a bit is missing in the sequence where the Joneses arrive at Medicots? Is this the bit where Henry Sr. does his college greeting thing? I've always wanted to see that..

Now that you said it, I watched it again and realised that there is indeed a part missing between 5:24 and 5:25. I also wanted to see that greeting scene and maybe you could post an Extended Cut of Part 2 (like you did with Part 1), that includes this scene, but only if you have time for that, of course.
It makes me sad, that not only Old Indy was cut out, but also the scene at the tea plantation, which I've never seen before.(n)

Flannery10

Flannery10 said:
Now that you said it, I watched it again and realised that there is indeed a part missing between 5:24 and 5:25. I also wanted to see that greeting scene and maybe you could post an Extended Cut of Part 2 (like you did with Part 1), that includes this scene, but only if you have time for that, of course.
It makes me sad, that not only Old Indy was cut out, but also the scene at the tea plantation, which I've never seen before.(n)

I read my post and the last sentence could be understood wrong by you Stoo, I mean the scene was cut out from the DVD version not by you. I'm sure you had your reasons when removing it, or it just didn't come out right. So, I appologize if you read this already and thought I wasn't thankful for the work you are doing and wanted to criticize you.

Stoo

Flannery10 said:
I read my post and the last sentence could be understood wrong by you Stoo, I mean the scene was cut out from the DVD version not by you. I'm sure you had your reasons when removing it, or it just didn't come out right. So, I appologize if you read this already and thought I wasn't thankful for the work you are doing and wanted to criticize you.
Don't worry about that, Flannery10. If I goof up then I want to know about it.
(Like, I just noticed that I didn't post a link for Part 2...D'oh!)

Anyway, you and Jeremiah are absolutely right. The entire coffee plantation
scene has been cut from the DVD!:eek: I had only watched "Passion of Life"
once before and forgot about its omission. I will DEFINITELY redo Part 2 to
include it.

As for Matinee's question as to "why?", we should probably take this up in the
"Scenes Cut From The VHS/DVDs" thread because this cut is a real shame.

Hope Part 3 goes right the first time!:rolleyes:

Flannery10

Stoo said:
I will DEFINITELY redo Part 2 to include it.

We should probably take this up in the "Scenes Cut From The VHS/DVDs" thread because this cut is a real shame.

Hope Part 3 goes right the first time!:rolleyes:

Really appreciate all the work you're putting in for that. I already posted my opinion in the Scenes Cut from the VHS/DVDs thread and I hope to see Part 2Extended and Part 3 coming up soon!:hat:

Adamwankenobi

I just wanted to take this time to point out the irony in this image:

mo_01.jpg

Stoo

Part 3

Indy waits in the hospital because of a bee sting to his big toe and recalls the
lessons learned after surviving one of the greatest ordeals of his youth.

George Hall was a fine actor. There's a nice part in the closing scene where
he reflects on Remy's words. Great delivery on G.Hall's part!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8gaUsQ3jTw
Hope y'all like it.:)

P.S. Great photo, Adam!

metalinvader

Wow..Thanks alot Stoo..

I hadn't seen the German East Africa bookends since well..Since they first premiered ob tv.The end of the Congo bookends are very touching.Hall was a damn good actor.

Flannery10

Well, Stoo. It seems like I can't thank you enough, for all those bookends you're putting up. As for them, great bookends for a great episode. Certainly a shame again, they were cut. If just everyone would have reacted to Indy's stories like the great, young doctor did. Just great and very moving indeed.

As for the pic, Adam, it is ironic indeed. God, the problem is I can understand Lucas in some ways, but he should have never messed up the original episodes.

Adamwankenobi

What did Indy say his blood type is? It's hard to make out.

Flannery10 said:
As for the pic, Adam, it is ironic indeed. God, the problem is I can understand Lucas in some ways, but he should have never messed up the original episodes.

I'll never understand Lucas. :confused: If only he would have put both versions of the series on the set, everyone would have been happy.

Last edited: