Soundtracks?

Agent Z

Has anyone heard any news on the soundtracks for the trilogy being reissued?

I have been checking Amazon for some new item pages, but I don't see anything, which is not a good sign so close to the premiere of Kingdom. :(

Crack that whip

As a matter of fact, I have - the word is Concord, the label releasing the Crystal Skull soundtrack, will also reissue the other three movies' soundtracks "later this year." There aren't any additional details available yet - they haven't announced the release date, or more importantly whether they'll have additional music not on the old releases, but there are supposed to be new releases of the soundtracks for the first three movies later this year.

:)

Agent Z

Crack that whip said:
As a matter of fact, I have - the word is Concord, the label releasing the Crystal Skull soundtrack, will also reissue the other three movies' soundtracks "later this year." There aren't any additional details available yet - they haven't announced the release date, or more importantly whether they'll have additional music not on the old releases, but there are supposed to be new releases of the soundtracks for the first three movies later this year.

:)

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up! :whip:

I may end up getting a Raiders LP off of eBay, as they seem to go rather cheaply and I have a fresh turntable to enjoy it on.

At any rate, I'll be picking up all four Indy OSTs when they are available. :)

fommes said:
There's also a 'promo' of the Transylvania score by Curt Sobel.
I've taken the liberty to create a cover for that promo, so that it looks nice next to the original four releases:

So if anybody gets hold of it, feel free to use them.

The Tingler

Crack that whip said:
As a matter of fact, I have - the word is Concord, the label releasing the Crystal Skull soundtrack, will also reissue the other three movies' soundtracks "later this year." There aren't any additional details available yet - they haven't announced the release date, or more importantly whether they'll have additional music not on the old releases, but there are supposed to be new releases of the soundtracks for the first three movies later this year. :)

I'm just hoping they'll do a 'complete score' of Temple of Doom and Last Crusade, like they did with Raiders and of all things The Phantom Menace. I'm still annoyed they didn't do a Full version of Eps 2 and 3!

Stoo

Laserschwert said:
I've taken the liberty to create a cover for that promo, so that it looks nice next to the original four releases:
Nice job! Did you come up with the track titles?
So if anybody gets hold of it...
I think I might have a lead.(y)

Stoo said:
Nice job! Did you come up with the track titles?

Nope, that's how the files were named ;)

The only one I'm not sure about is track 18, and if it's "Resurrected Indy Fights Vlad" or "Resurrected / Indy Fights Vlad"... the separations were lost in the file names. I haven't seen the episode in ages... does Indy get resurrected?

fommes

Thanks for those covers, they look really great.

My track list goes as follows:
Bloodletting / Stabbed in the back
Resurrected / Indy Fights Vlad
Four Roads Met
Forest Reckoning
I'd Stake his life on it / Halloween

The last cue is missing on your list. Also, I don't know about the rest of the CD, if that's in order, but I swapped Resurrected and Four Roads Met, I'm pretty sure that's how they should appear.

Cheers!

I see... that last track seems to be missing from my version, but I have found another one including it. I'll change the cover and upload a new version.

Here's the updated cover + disc-label:

Since every tracklist I've found for the soundtrack stated "Four Roads Meet" to come before "Resurrection", I've left it at that order.

A question for the moderators: Would it be a problem to link to the soundtrack here? It hasn't been released, after all...

Last edited:

Crack that whip

I got all four of mine when they were new; I believe I picked them up at what was then my local Camelot Music. I might have had to special-order one or two volumes...

tupogirl

Crack that whip said:
I got all four of mine when they were new; I believe I picked them up at what was then my local Camelot Music. I might have had to special-order one or two volumes...

I bought the first two tapes at Camelot! Camelot was *evil*. I have no idea what happened to them though. I found the paper cover on the first one but the tape is nowhere in sight.

Stoo

Laserschwert said:
Here's the updated cover + disc-label:
I don't mean to nitpick, Laserschwert, because I really like what you're doing :hat:
but you forgot the slash between Resurrected / Indy Fights Vlad (!) Looks great, though!

Apart from that...
Track 01 - Trick or Treat
Track 20 - Hallowe'en

Old Indy soundtracks.(y) Gotta love it!

fommes

Laserschwert said:
Since every tracklist I've found for the soundtrack stated "Four Roads Meet" to come before "Resurrection", I've left it at that order.

Jup, but I've checked that against the episode itself if I remember correctly. Four Roads Meet is definitely the travel music towards the junction after Indy fought Vlad.

And I don't want to nitpick either - that's really one of the best 'home-made' covers I've ever seen.

And I'd highly recommend to anyone asking to search out the four volumes.

Crack that whip

At the behest of our good man Stoo, I'd like to note one additional source of Young Indy tuneage. Laurence Rosenthal, one of the show's primary composers (he wrote the theme, as well as scoring several episodes) issued a two-disc promo CD on his own label, Windmere Music, in 1995, presenting samples of his scores for various television projects, fittingly called Music for Television; basic info can be found here.

The second disc contains six tracks of music from The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, totaling 20 minutes and 24 seconds. The first three tracks all contain music already available on Vols. 1 and 4 of the commercial releases (though one of the tracks here, "The Fight in the Bakery / The Voice of Ireland," is a new edit combining the complete "Fight in the Bakery" from Vol. 4 with the first minute or so of "The Uprising," the track right after it).

The other three tracks are all of music available on CD only here, though, and present sweet if brief selections from: the "Russia" portion of Young Indiana Jones: Travels With Father; "Prague, August 1917" (or Espionage Escapades; and Young Indiana Jones and the Hollywood Follies. None of these episodes are represented at all on any of the commercial releases, so having even the single cues from them here is wonderful, if one's into the show and its music, as I am. Unfortunately this disc is apparently out of print and appears to regularly go for upwards of $50 on the secondary market - but I got lucky and scored it for $24.99 plus shipping in an eBay auction, so hey, you never know! That's still a lot of money for just that little bit of extra music, of course, but aside from being about the best price I could hope for, the album does have a lot of other good music from the composer's other, non-Indy work, and I'm enough of a fan of film scoring in general (and not just Indy scores, though obviously that's a primary area of interest for me) that I consider it more than worth it.

Actually, for a near-complete rundown of CDs with Young Indy music, one should just check the listing for the series on that site here you go. There are a few CDs listed there I was previously unaware of; I'm really curious to know about both the Korean (!) CD The Best Of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (does anyone have a tracklist for this? It's from Varèse Sarabande, so I assume it has tracks from the four volumes, but I don't know) and the "Young Indy Satellite 1" maxi-single, which appears to be a set of dance remixes of the theme (!!!):

Young_Indiana_Jones_INT825982.jpg

1. Young Indy (Radio Edit) (3:22)
  2. Young Indy (Dance Version) (6:34)
  3. Young Indy (Saxy Mix) (6:57)
  4. Young Indy (Instrumental Version) (3:21)

:eek:

Of the other things, the Colosseum albums are just the European versions of the Varèse Sarabande albums; Colosseum is Varèse Sarabande's German sister / subsidiary label, as I understand it. The Young Indy track on the Varèse Sarabande 25th Anniversary Celebration album is "An American Thanksgiving / A Chinese Adventure" from "Peking, March 1910," and also appears on Vol. 1 of their / Colosseum's series of albums from the show.

I don't know why Curt Sobel's promo of his "Transylvania, January 1918" score isn't listed; if I had to guess, I'd say it's because it's perhaps technically not a legal release, though since it's from the composer himself I'd think it's still not looked down upon by Lucasfilm, et. al. quite the same way they would a run-of-the-mill bootleg (but here, too, I don't know for sure).

fommes

Yup it's great to hear those selections from some other episodes, which makes me just crave for more. I wish I had picked up this 2CD promo when it was in the 'anything goes'-bin at Intrada.... What can I say, I was young and without credit card!

I hadn't heard of those 'dance' mixes though :) I wonder if there's anything interesting on them, or if they're all just run-of-the-mill remixes...

I suspect, as well, that that Best-of CD doesn't include anything new, I've seen it on eBay but never wanted to spend money on music I already have.