Soundtracks?

InexorableTash

Demitasse said:
Does anyone know the name of the main opera segment by Puccini that is performed in Perils of Cupid? I heard a great version of it on the radio the other day and wanted to track it down. Is it Madame Butterfly?? Thx!

Soundhound and Shazam didn't find hits. It does sound very familiar though!

IndyBr

I have v.1 and v.2, yesterday I bought v. 3 and can't wait for it to arrive, since this is the one with the tracks from Mystery of the Blues! There's also the tracks from Scandals, but oddly it does not have "The man I love" :confused:. And then there are some tracks from the Princenton episode.

From the oficial releases, I'm now only missing v. 4!

Stoo

dameain said:
I was watching YIJC Demons of Deception last night and I liked the Indian Sitar music during the Mata Hari seduction scene. So I ripped the audio and converted it to an MP3. There is a little bit of background noise, but overall its very good quality. Enjoy! :D

http://www.filefactory.com/file/2zsevgyexppt/n/Sitar_Seduction_mp3

I just made up the title I thought it fit the context of the scene.
Thanks very much for sharing, Dameain! It's a welcome addition to our collection of unreleased stuff.:hat: I love Indian music and this is a good track. Sitar is such a fascinating instrument and playing one is a cathartic experience.

Re. your "Seduction" title: On his website spreadsheet, InexorableTash called this one, "Intoxicating Sex"! (Which title do people prefer?:confused: Personally, I like Tash's title.)
Demitasse said:
Does anyone know the name of the main opera segment by Puccini that is performed in Perils of Cupid? I heard a great version of it on the radio the other day and wanted to track it down. Is it Madame Butterfly?? Thx!
Hi, Halfcup. It's actually, "La Bohème" - a medley of it with 2 segments from the 1st act and one from the final act. (Time to make another home-made medley track like I did with, "Scheherazade"!:)) Rosenthal incorportated several cues from, "La Bohème", into his compostions for the "Florence" chapter. I'm updating Tash's spreadsheet because this episode hasn't been tackled yet.

That said, a tiny portion of the final act of, "Madame Butterfly", is indeed featured later, during the rehearsal scene (with the Japanese woman & red-haired kid onstage).

---
P.S. I'm back from visiting some World War I sites in France & Belgium. Earlier today, I finally managed to meet up with our fellow, Young Indy Soundtrack enthusiast, Fommes! We had a wonderful time talking about all sorts of things while eating Belgian food & drinking Belgian beers.(y)

InexorableTash

Stoo said:
We had a wonderful time talking about all sorts of things while eating Belgian food & drinking Belgian beers.(y)

There's a Belgian restaurant a half-block from my house specializing in Trappist beers - just saying in case anyone wants to come visit.

Stoo

InexorableTash said:
There's a Belgian restaurant a half-block from my house specializing in Trappist beers - just saying in case anyone wants to come visit.
Cool.:cool: Still on the table but I may possibly be moving to San Fran next year.

Anyway, in "Florence/Perils of Cupid", there is more of "Madame Butterfly" later on in the episode (it's not an episode that I watch often). Don't know which act it is but the stage performance is definitely, "Madame Butterfly".

This has been asked already but: Has anyone figured out which piece is being performed by the chamber orchestra in the "Vienna/Perils of Cupid" episode? The part where Corey Carrier is sneaking around trying to get to Sophie's room.

Stoo

P.S. How would Puccini & Miss Seymour know, "Take Me Out to the Ball Game", in 1908?:confused:

lairdo

Stoo said:
P.S. How would Puccini & Miss Seymour know, "Take Me Out to the Ball Game", in 1908?:confused:

Well, it was composed in 1908. Telegraph?

Never heard the original TPM. But I have heard it is great.

InexorableTash

FYI, I've copied Stoo's spreadsheet edits to the youngindianajonesmusic.com cue list. (I'll automate that some day. At least now it's just one copy/paste per page)

Stoo

lairdo said:
Well, it was composed in 1908. Telegraph?
Ha! Interesting. I was under the impression it was written earlier than that so 1908 makes Miss Seymour's & Puccini's knowledge of it even more dubious!

Maybe Miss Seymour used to hang around Oxord's Phonograph Record Import Emporium to get all the latest Tin Pan Alley ditties from the U.S. and picked up, "Take Me Out to the Ball Game", just before leaving on her world tour with the Joneses.:p
InexorableTash said:
FYI, I've copied Stoo's spreadsheet edits to the youngindianajonesmusic.com cue list. (I'll automate that some day. At least now it's just one copy/paste per page)
Tash, while not a 100% complete, I added a whole lot more to the spreadsheet for "Florence" so you can copy it to the Cue List.

As you'll see, Puccini's music from "La Bohème" is all over the episode (possibly more of "Madame Butterfly", too, but I'm not familiar with that yet). This makes it difficult to determine which tracks Rosenthal wrote so there are several blanks in the composer column. Feel free to have a go at filling them in.:)

InexorableTash

Stoo said:
Tash, while not a 100% complete, I added a whole lot more to the spreadsheet for "Florence" so you can copy it to the Cue List.

Done, please sanity check. (It's done via a script + copy/paste so it's pretty robust, but bugs do happen...)

phantom train

Happy New year, everyone.

I was wondering if there was any new info. regarding a potential YIJC comprehensive soundtrack collection. There was some talk of this on the thread in late 2011, but haven't heard anything since. I'm guessing there is no news regarding this, but I wanted to check just in case.

Unfortunately, it looks like Music CD production in general has been scaled back in recent years.....

Thanks in advance for any info. on this.

InexorableTash

Nothing official, alas. We've made a tiny bit of progress on unofficial track identification and cue lists in the last 12 months, but nothing beyond that.

InexorableTash

Speaking of, a new possible hit - Stoo, listen to the end of the opening bookend for Austria 1917. It sounds a bit like one of the unidentified segments, possibly from LC_Castle_A_Qui ?

InexorableTash

Never mind - it's just the same themes as parts of LC_ESCAPE_C_QUI already identified as being from Austra 1917. I thought I heard a martial drumbeat in there that was a lingering sound bite to try and identify.

fommes

Stoo said:
We had a wonderful time talking about all sorts of things while eating Belgian food & drinking Belgian beers.(y)
Indeed! (y) Welcome anytime for further degustation of course! :D

Incidentally, there have been a few recent Young Indy posts at the FSM forum, and I thought that in one of the threads some user (not connected to any of the labels) hinted that there might be something on the horizon, but now that I'm looking for it I can't find the post anymore and I could be very much mistaken. If it's deleted, it could be a sign? But I wouldn't get my hopes up; I don't know if the poster in question would have access to any inside info...

In the meantime, great updates to your site InexorableTash! Continued thanks to Stoo and you :)

lairdo

As I think a lot of people know, I've been trying for a few years on and off to get the complete music released through one of the soundtrack labels. There has always been interest but it is not a priority with LucasFilm. Disney's acquisition includes the publishing rights to the music for Young Indy. I've got that confirmed.

As for optimism, I am hopeful we will see these at some point but I think the timing is still far off until Disney has a complete plan around Indiana Jones. Right now, everything is focused on Star Wars Ep VII, the likely end of the Clone Wars TV show (maybe even with this current season but more likely with Season 6) and overall integration. I would guess we will see a Clone Wars music release (beyond the film one done a few years ago) before YIJC.

That being said, I think the chances are much higher now than they have ever been since Disney does put out a lot of music and has been doing work on their catalogue to get it released as well.

Stoo

fommes said:
Indeed! (y) Welcome anytime for further degustation of course! :D
Glady. Nice to hear from you, FOAMS!;) What is the "FSM forum"?:confused:
lairdo said:
That being said, I think the chances are much higher now than they have ever been since Disney does put out a lot of music and has been doing work on their catalogue to get it released as well.
That's good to hear, Laird. A bit of light at the end of the tunnel. Though, if everything does eventually get released, it'll render much of our efforts here as a colossal waste of time!:D

Anyone care to calculate roughly how many CDs the entire Young Indy catalogue would be?